• ...and so much more!
  • SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    ROFLMAO!!!

USA Today | Canada warns immigrants in U.S. about heading north of the border
    https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...mmigrants-u-s-heading-north-border/683297002/

In what has become an increasingly regular mission, Canadian representatives visited the U.S this week to warn immigrants fearful over President Trump's immigration crackdown that they can't simply rush north of the border to find safe haven.

"Canadians are broadly supportive of immigration," Radchenko said. "But Canadians truly believe in order and well-managed immigration."

Apparently this is only true when it is THEIR BORDER that is being violated, lol!

Last edited:

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    I keep hearing all this noise about how enforcing immigration law "breaks up families".

Is there a law which prevents a deported illegal alien from having his/ her children sent along with them?

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    They are talking about when they are caught. Parents go to jail, kids don't go with them.

It is the latest attempt to swap public opinion.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    Border Patrol "Separating" Families

Is there something more to this story?

I've looked at this a few times, and it appears that this is simply sending adult criminal border crossers to jail consistent with the law.

Pro-open border types, what am I missing? How is this different than jailing any other adult being prosecuted for committing a crime?

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    Reports I've hear are that they apparently went to a Zero tolerance policy recently.

So, going from near-zero enforcement (jail) for criminal border-crossing to 100% enforcement of adult law-breakers? No more catch and release to try again tomorrow?

That's what I read as the "facts" of the story versus the media narrative.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I think it might have been more putting families in detention centers together rather than putting the parents in jail and the kids in centers.

I haven't really paid a lot of attention to the whole thing though. It is all just a political ruckus. The Ds sense a chance to attack Trump and the Rs on this, and they have the Media swarming like sharks in the water.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    I think it might have been more putting families in detention centers together rather than putting the parents in jail and the kids in centers.

I haven't really paid a lot of attention to the whole thing though. It is all just a political ruckus. The Ds sense a chance to attack Trump and the Rs on this, and they have the Media swarming like sharks in the water.

KLB, I agree with your overall assessment, that this is a somewhat "manufactured" narrative to #Resist.

Additionally, I would think that in some of these cases, an additional charge of criminal child endangerment would be appropriate, depending upon where and how the illegal border crossing occurred... if they followed a "deadly" path through the deserts into the country with children in tow, or used cartel coyotes, for example.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    KLB, I agree with your overall assessment, that this is a somewhat "manufactured" narrative to #Resist.

Additionally, I would think that in some of these cases, an additional charge of criminal child endangerment would be appropriate, depending upon where and how the illegal border crossing occurred... if they followed a "deadly" path through the deserts into the country with children in tow, or used cartel coyotes, for example.

I'm glad we're finally enforcing border security, but I don't think we need to branch out to "endangerment" issues that occur outside our borders. Plus it opens the issue of releasing illegals to "abusive" parents and that humanitarian claim.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I really have no idea of what's happening at the border. I also know I can't find out the truth through the media. It's very frustrating to want to know what's happening and having nowhere to turn to get that information.

Shadow01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn
    Give the parents of these kids a choice. They all go to the same adult jail/prison, or the adults can choose to have their kids separated and placed in a detention center. Let them choose and take the burden away from our officials.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I really have no idea of what's happening at the border. I also know I can't find out the truth through the media. It's very frustrating to want to know what's happening and having nowhere to turn to get that information.

It seems the media can't report, because they can't find out:

https://www.npr.org/2018/06/18/620939129/tent-encampment-in-texas-holds-detained-immigrant-children

At the time I posted this the transcript was not available, but the reporter was complaining that he couldn't get anywhere close to a large tent housing youth.

fnpfan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 96.9%
    31   1   0
    Jul 4, 2010
    Larwill
    I find it crazy that people are defending these illegal invaders! And now they are crying about kids being separated from parents.. This is the confusing part, why would they get better treatment than Americans, if an American breaks the law and is sent to prison he and his family and kids are all separated.. now how is it that any rational person can defend these invaders, we as Americans are held to the laws, we can't just pick and choose the laws we want to follow or soon we have anarchy.. As Americans we are being to silent about this and we need to make our voice be heard before libturds make the choice for us...they are loud but few, we can't let them speak for us all!:patriot:

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    NPR - they are bound to have "the truth." :rolleyes:

Meh.

Who else is there? If you have a better news source that is less biased, I'd be willing to listen.

We could all chip in and send one INGO'er down there to find out what's going on. Who's got vacation time to burn?

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Hmmm. Keeping kids away from strangers. Diabolical.

Well, I don't think the reporter is trying to lure kids with free candy. Let's be honest, pretty much everyone is a stranger when you're in a foreign country.

And I'll go on record, it's probably a lot safer for the kids if they are not with every other adult their parents are incarcerated with. I'm not going to be shouting, "broken families!" any time soon.

I feel sorry for these families if they thought they could just cross a desert and enter a land of milk and honey without a problem, but it doesn't work that way, and shouldn't work that way, and can't work that way.

And being separated is not the worst thing that can happen.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Well, I don't think the reporter is trying to lure kids with free candy. Let's be honest, pretty much everyone is a stranger when you're in a foreign country.

And I'll go on record, it's probably a lot safer for the kids if they are not with every other adult their parents are incarcerated with. I'm not going to be shouting, "broken families!" any time soon.

I feel sorry for these families if they thought they could just cross a desert and enter a land of milk and honey without a problem, but it doesn't work that way, and shouldn't work that way, and can't work that way.

And being separated is not the worst thing that can happen.

What was the protocol before this new "separate kids from their parents" thing started, and why was there the change? It would appear that the whole reason for this move is not for the protection of anyone, but to hold the kids hostage to achieve a desired outcome. If that's how it is, then depending on one's morals, they either agree with the practice, or they don't.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    What was the protocol before this new "separate kids from their parents" thing started, and why was there the change? It would appear that the whole reason for this move is not for the protection of anyone, but to hold the kids hostage to achieve a desired outcome. If that's how it is, then depending on one's morals, they either agree with the practice, or they don't.

That's diabolical if that's true.

What's the desired outcome, and who do you have to coerce?

Top Bottom