Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Rebuttal:
    906hap.jpg

:dunno:

At first I was going to agree. But it's not exactly the same thing. The first looks like a social occasion. A bit more voluntary than coming to a scheduled meeting with the POTUS. Still a picture taken with people of the opposite race, even yucking it up, doesn't prove no racism. But neither do the examples people use to say he is now.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Sadly, Lex; the dearth of opportunities to find common ground may be indicating that less common ground actually exists between the left's vision of the future and the right's. One side of that divide has made a Faustian bargain
    I think both have... leaving a large swath of the middle playing the plundered Gretchen.

ETA:
    Ironic that they are more than willing to bargain in one direction, yet not with each other.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I think both have... leaving a large swath of the middle playing the plundered Gretchen.

ETA:
    Ironic that they are more than willing to bargain in one direction, yet not with each other.

Not sure I would agree

Perhaps I should have said "Comrade Faust". How do we compromise with our backs to the water and the other side still pushing, seeking to achieve at the very least a more tangential approach to our defeat?

I'm not exactly the most sober, rational intellect on these issues***, nor was I alive from the late 1850s to the early 1860s; but I feel there would be more than a passing similarity between the two. No hyperbole intended; people I know, and with whom I agree, we are fast approaching our absolute limits

*** Should have been flagged with a warning of understatement, to minimize excessive triggering ***

Last edited:

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Illegal aliens at State Of The Union address.

...When President Donald Trump looks out into the crowd gathered on Capitol Hill to hear his State of the Union address next Tuesday, he will be looking into the faces of undocumented immigrants he promised to protect.

Democratic House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi and more than 23 other Democrats in Congress each plan to bring a Dreamer, a recipient of protections in the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) program, to Trump’s annual message to a joint session of Congress.

A number of senators and representatives have said immigrants and Dreamers will be in the crowd. ABC News confirmed this with a list provided by a congressional official. During the address, the president traditionally outlines his legislative plans...

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    they think this is going to phase the guy who brought the women Bill Clinton assaulted and Hillary attacked to a debate? :rofl:

Illegal aliens at State Of The Union address.

...When President Donald Trump looks out into the crowd gathered on Capitol Hill to hear his State of the Union address next Tuesday, he will be looking into the faces of undocumented immigrants he promised to protect.

Democratic House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi and more than 23 other Democrats in Congress each plan to bring a Dreamer, a recipient of protections in the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) program, to Trump’s annual message to a joint session of Congress.

A number of senators and representatives have said immigrants and Dreamers will be in the crowd. ABC News confirmed this with a list provided by a congressional official. During the address, the president traditionally outlines his legislative plans...

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    References conviction rate. Obviously racist because native-born Americans can afford better lawyers. We should give them access to high priced legal talent at gov't expense

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I realize the article is referencing convictions but by definition illegal immigrants by definition commit n+1 crimes than native-born Americans.

Kinda true. kinda not. Depends on if the person entered illegally or legally entered but overstayed their visa. The latter being a civil issue. Civil issue, meaning "not" criminal.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    That link says that people stop committing crimes at age 36, in Arizona?

It's a link demonstrating that the methodology of collecting data only between the ages of 18-35 is valid, since the vast majority of crimes are committed by those under the age of 30. Crimes committed by those over 35 would be outliers, and thus, largely irrelevant. If it doesn't say exactly what you want it to say to concede a point in your little internet "gotcha" game, then so be it. Congrats. People with common sense and a modicum of understanding about crime and crime statistics will get it.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    It's a link demonstrating that the methodology of collecting data only between the ages of 18-35 is valid, since the vast majority of crimes are committed by those under the age of 30. Crimes committed by those over 35 would be outliers, and thus, largely irrelevant. If it doesn't say exactly what you want it to say to concede a point in your little internet "gotcha" game, then so be it. Congrats. People with common sense and a modicum of understanding about crime and crime statistics will get it.

Lol

knock yourself out with these "largely irrelevant" numbers:
    https://www.azdps.gov/sites/default/files/media/Crime_In_Arizona_Report_2014.pdf

Page 70 has the "largely irrelevant" numbers you're looking for. A cursory look, of the location specific report, seems debunk your "outliers" belief. But then again, this report is from 2014, so the 35< crowd might has stopped committing crimes.

Top Bottom