• d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    I'm not here to change minds about Trump. I'm here to make sure people remember the things he does, so there's no confusion about the person he is, or the person they are, in supporting him. That way when the next guy does the same thing, but for the benefit for the other side, they'll understand that they don't have legitimate reasons to complain.... at least without exposing their hypocrisy. But truth be told, that hypocrisy is already shamefully evident.

Please inform me of the person he is. I didnt know you knew him personally, because if you don't know him personally then you are just spewing the same talking points that the MSM does, which to me is like listening to the teacher from Charlie Brown cartoons.
    Its awfully funny Trump has been in the spotlight for 40 years and prior to running for office he was never accused of being racist, and was even given awards, by the so called "Reverend", Jesse Jackson.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Sorry Jamil, there's a real world update. :)

https://www.wthr.com/article/trump-says-hes-open-to-pathway-to-citizenship-for-dreamers-0

So Trump is now open to a pathway to citizenship. Actually, I think that is consistent with at least some of his other comments on the matter. (Although also inconsistent with some of his other comments.)

I wonder if Twitter Trump will approve.

What the hell do you think I mean? What's to be sorry about? Why would you think what I said about reality makes you think this puts anything I said in doubt? Why would you state this news as "real world" in response?

What can be gained from the report that is true? What inferences about it are true and not true?

I'll maybe say more about it when I've had the time to read it, but just to comment on the headline and what you've said about it, I think a path to citizenship is okay depending on how it's done. If done the following way, I don't have a problem with it. Stop illegal immigration to the extent of reasonable expectation. Allow illegal immigrants to apply for citizenship, and they get a residency visa while their waiting in line. If they're criminals, they get deported. People with the special residency visas get to work here, but until they're citizens, they don't get to vote here. And they wait in line behind the people who followed the law.

Something I suspect is real, I think at least a fair portion of the disparity between Twitter Trump and the Administrator Trump, is Twitter Trump is unimpaired by advisors. When we hear formal announcements from the white house, including pressers, I think what we're hearing is the advised Trump Administration. As far as I can tell that may explain the inconsistencies. At least they kinda have him on a leash. I'm not sure I trust the people on the other end of it though.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Its awfully funny Trump has been in the spotlight for 40 years and prior to running for office he was never accused of being racist, and was even given awards, by the so called "Reverend", Jesse Jackson.

old-trump.jpg

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    I'm not here to change minds about Trump. I'm here to make sure people remember the things he does, so there's no confusion about the person he is, or the person they are, in supporting him. That way when the next guy does the same thing, but for the benefit for the other side, they'll understand that they don't have legitimate reasons to complain.... at least without exposing their hypocrisy. But truth be told, that hypocrisy is already shamefully evident.

fk0N9vd.jpg

https://press.princeton.edu/titles/9271.html

Hypocrisy is the human condition. Especially in the world of politics, with its competing interests and recording of everything that everyone says, all day, every day. Everyone is guilty of hypocrisy, to some degree.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    What the hell do you think I mean? What's to be sorry about? Why would you think what I said about reality makes you think this puts anything I said in doubt? Why would you state this news as "real world" in response?

What can be gained from the report that is true? What inferences about it are true and not true?

I'll maybe say more about it when I've had the time to read it, but just to comment on the headline and what you've said about it, I think a path to citizenship is okay depending on how it's done. If done the following way, I don't have a problem with it. Stop illegal immigration to the extent of reasonable expectation. Allow illegal immigrants to apply for citizenship, and they get a residency visa while their waiting in line. If they're criminals, they get deported. People with the special residency visas get to work here, but until they're citizens, they don't get to vote here. And they wait in line behind the people who followed the law.

Something I suspect is real, I think at least a fair portion of the disparity between Twitter Trump and the Administrator Trump, is Twitter Trump is unimpaired by advisors. When we hear formal announcements from the white house, including pressers, I think what we're hearing is the advised Trump Administration. As far as I can tell that may explain the inconsistencies. At least they kinda have him on a leash. I'm not sure I trust the people on the other end of it though.

Whoa. No. :) I meant, and I was in too much of a hurry, "Sorry I can't continue in this part of the discussion, there's an on-topic real world update."

In retrospect, that part appears to have come across as snark. That truly wasn't my intent.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Please inform me of the person he is. I didnt know you knew him personally, because if you don't know him personally then you are just spewing the same talking points that the MSM does, which to me is like listening to the teacher from Charlie Brown cartoons.

Remember when I was talking about hypocrisy?
    Not silly, true. Its well known in Chicago that Obama frequented a gay bath house there while senator. No records for the birth of their supposed children either.

I would also question your understanding of the word "never."

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Remember when I was talking about hypocrisy?

I would also question your understanding of the word "never."

I dont see anything false in my statements. Care to share any links to where Trump was called a racist prior to running for office.
    Also still stand by Obama visiting the gay bath house in Chicago. Do you have any evidence to refute this? Please share

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I dont see anything false in my statements. Care to share any links to where Trump was called a racist prior to running for office.
    Also still stand by Obama visiting the gay bath house in Chicago. Do you have any evidence to refute this? Please share

Like I said hypocrisy.... but anyways:
    Donald Trump rejects allegations of racism - CNN.com

Unless, you want to say that Trump was running for office for 4 years.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Like i said prior, just using MSM talking points prove nothing. I also dont see how saying Obama is not a citizen/questioning where he was born is racist. Hopefully this link works, its an interesting read

Barack Obama & Larry Sinclair

Hmmm... perhaps my understanding of "Care to share any links to where Trump was called a racist" is significantly different from your understanding. :dunno: running for office.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Larry Sinclair? Convicted felon, check deception and fraud. Took 2 lie detector tests concerning his allegations against Obama, failing both. Is THIS the guy you're talking about?

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I am open to this.

But, both on INGO and in some personal interactions, I am really, actually concerned that even that isn't enough. America's "rugged individualism" includes a downside - we (act like) we don't really need anyone else.

And, in the modern era where so much interacting/shopping/living is done online, we are more able than ever before to pick and choose with whom we share ideas. People are intentionally choosing echo chambers - at every level.

The opportunities to find common ground are growing more infrequent, it seems to me.

Sadly, Lex; the dearth of opportunities to find common ground may be indicating that less common ground actually exists between the left's vision of the future and the right's. One side of that divide has made a Faustian bargain

Top Bottom