• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    The comparable process going the other way does not seem to be as hoop-free, nor lacking jumping requirements therethrough, as you seem to be indicating, Sylvain

Do you find that your own country imposes onerous barriers to citizenship?

I was not indicating that at all.You have misunderstood me or perhaphs I wasn't clear in my earlier post.

My point was that you have to obey many rules in order to become a naturalized citizen in every country.
    Saying "there are no rules to come here" is simply ridiculous.

Vigilant was under the impression that he couldn't easily move into a foreign country but that anyone could easilly move into the US.
    It's clearly not true.And as you stated it's hard to move to any country legally (France and the US included).

I'm fully aware that many people have to jump thru hoops to become naturalized French citizens, same way foreigners have to do the same thing to become Americans.

I wouldn't say "there are no rules to come here" to a foreigner living in France knowing what they had to go thru to be here legally.

Naturalized citizens have to go thru way more stuff than natural born citizens, and that's true in France as well.

Some people literally had to fight and give blood to gain their new citizenship.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    The comparable process going the other way does not seem to be as hoop-free, nor lacking jumping requirements therethrough, as you seem to be indicating, Sylvain

Do you find that your own country imposes onerous barriers to citizenship?

"3) Sign the Reception and Integration Contract (CAI). This is a document used by the French immigration agency (OFII) to make sure that foreign nationals arriving in France “assimilate into French society”."

Das wasiss.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I was not indicating that at all.You have misunderstood me or perhaphs I wasn't clear in my earlier post.

My point was that you have to obey many rules in order to become a naturalized citizen in every country.
    Saying "there are no rules to come here" is simply ridiculous.

Vigilant was under the impression that he couldn't easily move into a foreign country but that anyone could easilly move into the US.
    It's clearly not true.And as you stated it's hard to move to any country legally (France and the US included).

I'm fully aware that many people have to jump thru hoops to become naturalized French citizens, same way foreigners have to do the same thing to become Americans.

I wouldn't say "there are no rules to come here" to a foreigner living in France knowing what they had to go thru to be here legally.

Naturalized citizens have to go thru way more stuff than natural born citizens, and that's true in France as well.

Some people literally had to fight and give blood to gain their new citizenship.

I think the major point is still that many European countries have rules that are considered by the left, racist or nationalist to implement here. For example, you're a horrible Nazi if you think that new citizens need to assimilate, yet it is expected in France, a presumed more progressive nation than the US.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I think the major point is still that many European countries have rules that are considered by the left, racist or nationalist to implement here. For example, you're a horrible Nazi if you think that new citizens need to assimilate, yet it is expected in France, a presumed more progressive nation than the US.

Some rules you have in the US are considered racist and illegal over here, that's just a cultural thing.
    The problem is that not everybody has the same definition "assimilation".
    To some nationalists it means a new immigrant has to fully adopt the culture and language of his new country while getting rid of all traditions from their country of origin (culture, language, religion etc).
    To others it means a newcomer has to adopt the language and culture of the host country while retaining the culture of their original country.

But assimilation is expected in the US as well, it's why you have interviews and a civic test in English (can't show up with a translator) and they ask you cultural and political questions to make sure you know your new country.
    Those rules are in place in the US and I'm not sure if they are judged nationalist by the left.
    Newcomers in the US also have to go thru a civic test and prove they know enough about America to assimilate properly.

american-citizenship-4-638.jpg

Is asking questions about the flag judged to be nationalist by the some people? Idk.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Some rules you have in the US are considered racist and illegal over here, that's just a cultural thing.
    The problem is that not everybody has the same definition "assimilation".
    To some nationalists it means a new immigrant has to fully adopt the culture and language of his new country while getting rid of all traditions from their country of origin (culture, language, religion etc).
    To others it means a newcomer has to adopt the language and culture of the host country while retaining the culture of their original country.

But assimilation is expected in the US as well, it's why you have interviews and a civic test in English (can't show up with a translator) and they ask you cultural and political questions to make sure you know your new country.
    Those rules are in place in the US and I'm not sure if they are judged nationalist by the left.
    Newcomers in the US also have to go thru a civic test and prove they know enough about America to assimilate properly.

american-citizenship-4-638.jpg

Is asking questions about the flag judged to be nationalist by the some people? Idk.
    I'd like to see how many people born and raised here could answer those questions.

Liberty1916

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2017
    Home
    I'd like to see how many people born and raised here could answer those questions.

Ooh. ooh, I know the answers.

1. Oppression of minorities
    2. White supremacy
    3. Nazi Germany, the same country we fight in every war and are fighting to this day
    4. Barack Obama
    5. Two, the President and the Media
    6. A Ruling
    7. To enslave people of color
    8. The racist patriarchy
    9. The SS Minnow
    10. Capitalist slave trading Nazi white supremacist environment destroying purveyors of hate and oppression.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I think one question is "What is the most important amendment to the US constitution?" and the expected answer is not "the second".
    That's a bit biased and a matter of opinion.
    I took the quiz twice and did not see that question. It is definitely a biased question though. They are equally important.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I took the quiz twice and did not see that question. It is definitely a biased question though. They are equally important.

Some questions can have multiple good answers but they provide you with a few good answers.

Although USCIS is aware that there may beadditional correct answers to the 100 civicsquestions, applicants are encouraged to respondto the civics questions using the answers providedbelow.

I can't find that question anymore in the current questions.

That's the 100 questions with the expected answers.

https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default... Center Site/Publications/100q_largeprint.pdf

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    While I was preparing for my citizenship test and interview we asked some people in work the questions, and a lot of natural born citizens struggled.

Top Bottom