• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    One reason (that few seem to be discussing) that Mexico will likely *never* significantly slow the flow of illegals- Apparently, the government only controls about 30% of national territory and 20% of population centers. The rest is either cartel-controlled or "disputed".

n8YMmos.jpg

Source: Map: The military deployment of the National Guard in 266 coordinations (google translate)

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Trump said:
    Immigration discussions at the White House with representatives of Mexico have ended for the day. Progress is being made, but not nearly enough! Border arrests for May are at 133,000 because of Mexico & the Democrats in Congress refusing to budge on immigration reform. Further... talks with Mexico will resume tomorrow with the understanding that, if no agreement is reached, Tariffs at the 5% level will begin on Monday, with monthly increases as per schedule. The higher the Tariffs go, the higher the number of companies that will move back to the USA!

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    One reason (that few seem to be discussing) that Mexico will likely *never* significantly slow the flow of illegals- Apparently, the government only controls about 30% of national territory and 20% of population centers. The rest is either cartel-controlled or "disputed".

Border with Guatemala and Belize only about 1/6 the length of the US border. Detail the resources necessary to completely control it or hope the cartels will make up the billions their economy stands to lose

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    I haven't even read this myself yet. Only the title.
    I have feared terrorists crossing the border years ago before there was an ISIS and even before the first Gulf War. This is one subject my brother and I would talk about over the campfire in the middle of the Arizona desert after watching those empty freight trains heading east packed with illegals fresh from the border. Not one square inch left on these trains including the rooftops.

If we saw 2 trains full in one days time in just this one area, how many are coming through in a week? ....a month? ...a year?
    And if there was only say 1 bad guy per train, that's a **** load of bad guys. And remember this was the mid to late 80s.

Were we wrong?

'ISIS plotted to send westerners to US through Mexico border: report'

https://www.foxnews.com/world/isis-plot-westerners-mexico-border

***Edit***
    I just read the article and who knew - they had a train picture.
    Very close to what we saw but our trains were all box cars with both side doors locked open. I'm told they did that to help spot unwanted hoboes. Apparently illegals are OK though. :n00b:

ZBE4PNH.jpg

Last edited:

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    https://news.yahoo.com/mexico-scrambles-slow-migrants-trump-tariffs-loom-221454340.html

"The issue is they don't even have to claim asylum, they know that," Border Patrol chief Carla Provost told CNN.

"They are telling us they are told by smugglers, they are hearing announcements in their own country, that if they come right now and bring a child, they will be released," she said.

"That is a true statement, because we cannot hold them longer than 20 days if they have a child."

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

We should be able to hold them indefinitely, until their case is heard. Hold them is some sort of migrant "city" right on the border, consisting of a fenced in barracks, and provide them with subsistence meals, and access to medical care (emergency care only). Have judges on-site to hear their cases, and a tarmac with planes on standby to take them back to their respective countries. Though I don't really want to pay for all that, I would rather pay for it, than the alternative; which is cutting them lose to do as they please.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    We should be able to hold them indefinitely, until their case is heard. Hold them is some sort of migrant "city" right on the border, consisting of a fenced in barracks, and provide them with subsistence meals, and access to medical care (emergency care only). Have judges on-site to hear their cases, and a tarmac with planes on standby to take them back to their respective countries. Though I don't really want to pay for all that, I would rather pay for it, than the alternative; which is cutting them lose to do as they please.
    Your plan has merit. Sell it to the
    Democrats. They don’t seem to want a solution.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    quote_icon.png
    Originally Posted by Kutnupe14

Kind of like internment camps.

Shoot! They could just use the ones they have prepared for us.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

Democrats: how dare you suggest we put them in concentration camps. ****ing Nazi.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Howbout we lease Disneyland indefinitely and house them there so they can go on rides and ****?

Would that be good enough for the Democrats?

Top Bottom