• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Maybe the Mexican President can ask that very question.

You don't think that if the president was legitimately serious, as he seems to be, about this threat that he should at least give some guidelines by which to follow? If the threat was something that would be zero negative effect on us, then yeah, let them figure it out. But a progressively punitive tariff that will certainly hurt BOTH economies (despite what the president wants us to believe), you'd think he'd set forth some benchmark, at the very least so that Americans can have an idea of how long they may have to endure it as well.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Trump let Democrats in Congress off the hook by a imposing tariffs on Mexico instead of keeping the focus on them.

This is a problem created and propelled by Congressional Democrats that they refuse to deal with.

Maybe he should impose tariffs on thier pay checks and bennies.

Last edited:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Trump let Democrats in Congress off the hook by a imposing tariffs on Mexico instead of keeping the focus on them.

This is a problem created and propelled by Congressional Democrats that they refuse to deal with.

Maybe he should impose tariffs on thier pay checks and bennies.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to KG1 again.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I don't think it should be on the Mexican government to "stop" the flow, but they damned well should not be encouraging or aiding it in any way.
    Absolutely right.

Hell a faction of our own country are guilty of doing the things that we are trying to get Mexico to stop doing.

The flow will never be curtailed unless we stop encouraging and incentivizing
    the illegal migration through bad policy that never gets dealt with because of politics.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I don't think it should be on the Mexican government to "stop" the flow, but they damned well should not be encouraging or aiding it in any way.

I suspect if we could acheive functional control of our southern border, such that nearly all of the jumpers were forced to remain in Mexico, as these illegal wannabes piled up inside their country the attitude would quicly change. As it stands now, they're just a pipeline. Let's plug the outlet end of the pipe and see what happens. Without the ability to do that, Trump is exploring things he can do to encourage plugging the inlet in real time

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    15 since 2001? While 1 is too many, 15 in 18 years gets a yawn out of me.

You are missing the forest for the trees.

In addition, CIS identified more than 100 other suspicious migrants from Middle Eastern countries with possible ties to radical terrorist groups.
    These numbers, of course, do not measure radicals who escaped apprehension.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    You are missing the forest for the trees.

I did see that, but still, if those additional 100 (over 18 years) weren't suspicious enough for them to arrest them right then and there, why report it? Might as well say, "We noticed a large crowd of shady looking people crossing the border, but we didn't try to stop them." I'm not saying it isn't a threat - any openings are. But I just thought that article over-sold it a bit.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    Breitbart: Feds: Only 11 Employers Prosecuted for Hiring Illegal Aliens in Last Year
    https://www.breitbart.com/politics/...cuted-for-hiring-illegal-aliens-in-last-year/

Something doesn't seem right (perhaps it's which statistics are being quoted) as the above article makes employer enforcement efforts seem lax, while the article below, seems the opposite, that ICE workplace investigations are ramping up.

USA Today: Feds targeting more worksites crack down on undocumented workers – but not their employers
    https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...migration-and-customs-enforcement/2263656002/

U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement was ordered to quadruple worksite enforcement this year, and it did just that. In fiscal year 2018, which ended Sept. 30, ICE set 10-year highs for the number of worksite audits conducted (5,981) and criminal charges filed (779).
    The 113 members of management charged with criminal violations in 2018 increased 82 percent from the previous year, but the 666 workers charged with criminal violations increased by 812 percent. The number of "administrative arrests" – those for basic immigration violations that are predominantly used against workers – spiked from 172 in 2017 to 1,525 in 2018. The 121 federal indictments and convictions of managers in 2018 represented a 10-year low for the agency.
    I suspect the problem is fake documents that employers simply copy for the I-9, making it difficult to impossible to prove intent.

IMO, the answer is mandatory eVerify!

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Breitbart: Feds: Only 11 Employers Prosecuted for Hiring Illegal Aliens in Last Year
    https://www.breitbart.com/politics/...cuted-for-hiring-illegal-aliens-in-last-year/

Something doesn't seem right (perhaps it's which statistics are being quoted) as the above article makes employer enforcement efforts seem lax, while the article below, seems the opposite, that ICE workplace investigations are ramping up.

USA Today: Feds targeting more worksites crack down on undocumented workers – but not their employers
    https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...migration-and-customs-enforcement/2263656002/

I suspect the problem is fake documents that employers simply copy for the I-9, making it difficult to impossible to prove intent.

IMO, the answer is mandatory eVerify!

The problem with eVerify is that too many legislators on either side don’t want it. The open-borders Dems don’t want it. And the chamber-o-commerce Republicans don’t want it.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    The problem with eVerify is that too many legislators on either side don’t want it. The open-borders Dems don’t want it. And the chamber-o-commerce Republicans don’t want it.

You are no doubt correct on both counts, and it's the reason we don't already have mandatory eVerify.

I've got to believe that if the majority of voters knew that employers of illegal aliens were skating prosecution merely by accepting forged pieces of paper with a wink and a nod, the demand for change would quickly become enormous.

Below is another article detailing a 4 fold increase in work site investigations and a 7 fold increase in arrests, both administrative and criminal. If this doesn't result in increases in prosecutable employer cases, it should be obvious the system is broken, even to people who don't pay much attention.

Washington Examiner: ICE arrests of illegal workers, employers up 700 percent in 2018
    https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/...egal-workers-employers-up-700-percent-in-2018

Employers "knowingly" employing illegals, often specifically to lower wages for the working class while boosting profits, is not a sympathetic group. Forged bits of paper without eVerify requirements is how they get away with it - EVEN WHEN CAUGHT!

Top Bottom