• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GetA2J

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Terre Haute,Indiana
    In my opinion, if a threat enters a building with the intent to do harm, the first person they will target is the one with the firearm. Thus the element of surprise give me the advantage. If I were say walking down the street in a rough part of town I could see some benefit of open carry. However, those of you who open carry, do you have to deal with the police often? I can see some people freaking out and calling the cops every five minutes while your trying to get some milk at the grocery store.

drrun

:horse::cowbell::horse::cowbell::orly:

ziggy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2013
    Fort Wayne area
    I favor both CC and OC. If OC is common, it will discourage crime. If it is commonly known that many people CC, that also will discourage crime. OC is an open reminder that people do carry. That is good. But, I also want the bad guys to have in their mind that there are just as many people who CC as there are who OC and probably more so they can never be sure that it is safe to disturb the public peace.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Its the awesome mustache. Wanna-be bad guys stop and bask in its awesomeness.

True. I often have that happen. But I never thought to use the stache to draw attention from a bandolier.
    I have wondered if that's why no one seems to notice the awesomeness of my OC'd S&W M&P model 19.
    :rockwoot:

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    True. I often have that happen. But I never thought to use the stache to draw attention from a bandolier.
    I have wondered if that's why no one seems to notice the awesomeness of my OC'd S&W M&P model 19.
    :rockwoot:

It is called "concealment through obfuscation".

I mean, seriously, if you have a bandolier, 'stache, and funny hat, you could have a brace of Colts on your belt and no one would bat an eye. No one would take you seriously, either. :D

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Serious question... If OC prevents crime why was Dons robbed about a year ago? Why was there a shooting there?

Because there is no deterrent so universally feared as to prevent every or any crime.

All we can do is tip the scale of risk vs. reward to a point sufficient for most.

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    Serious question... If OC prevents crime why was Dons robbed about a year ago? Why was there a shooting there?

As ATM said there is nothing that truly PREVENTS crime, it is merely a tool we can use to deter it.

My bet would be that there would be many MORE robberies/shootings at gunstores if the salespeople behind the counter weren't so obviously armed.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    My bet would be that there would be many MORE robberies/shootings at gunstores if the salespeople behind the counter weren't so obviously armed.

Gee...I don't know...

Since the insanity began this winter, judging by some of the LGS bashing posts, one might argue that it's because crooks don't rob their own kind.

:D

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    If I painted the tip of my 1911 orange and carried it uncovered in a yaqui slide holster, could I count myself as openly carrying concealed?
    I think that would actually be a felony would it not?

So are you saying it should be a concealed carry zone and it will never be robbed again.

I'm not saying anything. I'm asking a question to bring forth conversation. It appears most realize that.

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    What makes you think so?

I've never heard of any IC addressing the painting of guns.

I was thinking it came up in the thread about the guy OCing a semi-auto mp5 in some park in Tennessee. Something about trying to make a real gun look fake. I could be completely crazy though.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    I was thinking it came up in the thread about the guy OCing a semi-auto mp5 in some park in Tennessee. Something about trying to make a real gun look fake. I could be completely crazy though.

Other states may have codes addressing that, but not Indiana.

Top Bottom