• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Stinnett25

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2013
    I personally am just trying ta get used to concealing myself. I'm a bigger guy so having something bulky on my waist is a lil bit ta get used to.

danielson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Napoleon
    I never noticed CC to be more uncomfortable than OC.

Buy a good holster and big enough pants and you wont have an issue.

I wear propper lightweight tactical pants, and they are in my size, but have two small pieces of elastic in the waist. Also, a good belt is more important than you might think.

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    I never noticed CC to be more uncomfortable than OC.

Buy a good holster and big enough pants and you wont have an issue.

I wear propper lightweight tactical pants, and they are in my size, but have two small pieces of elastic in the waist. Also, a good belt is more important than you might think.

When I first started carrying I worried about concealing and people finding out, then I began OCing and quit worrying so much and just started carrying.

I think the new phrase is JFC, Just F@$&ing Carry.

apilcher

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2012
    I conceal - just to avoid questions really. It is my right to own a weapon and I am licensed to carry. I do not have the time or patience to discuss open carry with the average joe.

A few weeks back, I was flying home. The lady next to me felt obligated to talk about current issues - of which guns and armory were top of mind for her. It was a painful conversation and I would not want to do it again. The good news is that she now does not think all guns are murderous objects they are tools or sporting items - that an individual can choose to, or not to own, just like a pool cue - or kitchen knife.

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    Definitely like the 'JFC' concept.

Some times I think we forget that WE'RE all on the same side. IMO, we have enough actual criminals and far-left-liberal whackos 'criminals' ('cause they're trying to steal our rights), without resorting to trivial bickering among ourselves.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011

Some times I think we forget that WE'RE all on the same side. IMO, we have enough actual criminals and far-left-liberal whackos 'criminals' ('cause they're trying to steal our rights), without resorting to trivial bickering among ourselves.

But...I'm Right......and you're all wrong! :xmad::xmad:

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville

I remember a bit of bickering right here in this thread when you first joined. ;)

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    I remember a bit of bickering right here in this thread when you first joined. ;)

Yessir. I still maintain the same position I always have, based on my personal background and experience. But, I've also always maintained that I can and will alter or change my beliefs if someone can provide me a valid argument contrary to my own position, or demonstrate how their viewpoint holds greater validity.

For me, this is true not just about the open carry debate, but in all aspects of my life. I have done this time and again throughout my life.

As for the open carry debate, I've yet to read / hear / see that alternative viewpoint present itself. But I also strongly and vehemently support and defend someone's personal choice, even if it's different than my own.

And look, right now, we have enough far-left whackos trying to grab YOUR gun, for whatever stupid reason they conjure up. And, as far as is the limits of my personal capability (usually, 1 vote), I refuse to permit it.

I ALSO strongly and vehemently believe that, since we DO have this ridiculous attack on the 2nd Amendment from the lame-left, WE need to do everything we can to demonstrate to those 'on the fence' that we maintain the responsible, correct, and duly legal position on the matter. So, it's NOT in our best interest to drive those 'fence-sitters' to the gun-grabber side by presenting an 'attitude', even IF that 'attitude' is legally defensible.

Just my take.

drrun

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2013
    Columbus, Indiana
    Concealed Carry

In my opinion, if a threat enters a building with the intent to do harm, the first person they will target is the one with the firearm. Thus the element of surprise give me the advantage. If I were say walking down the street in a rough part of town I could see some benefit of open carry. However, those of you who open carry, do you have to deal with the police often? I can see some people freaking out and calling the cops every five minutes while your trying to get some milk at the grocery store.

drrun

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    In my opinion, if a threat enters a building with the intent to do harm, the first person they will target is the one with the firearm. Thus the element of surprise give me the advantage. If I were say walking down the street in a rough part of town I could see some benefit of open carry. However, those of you who open carry, do you have to deal with the police often? I can see some people freaking out and calling the cops every five minutes while your trying to get some milk at the grocery store.

drrun

As for the "tactical advantage", it's been addressed previously.

And freaking out and cops. I haven't had a problem.
    Most people don't even notice.
    If you CC, you should still be ready for uneducated people. Because CC is not Invisible Carry. And more people know you're carrying than you think.

griffin

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2011
    Okemos, MI
    In my opinion, if a threat enters a building with the intent to do harm, the first person they will target is the one with the firearm.

You know little about criminals. But hey, if you want to CC so you can "surprise them" and "kill them," go ahead.

LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    As for the "tactical advantage", it's been addressed previously.

And freaking out and cops. I haven't had a problem.
    Most people don't even notice.
    If you CC, you should still be ready for uneducated people. Because CC is not Invisible Carry. And more people know you're carrying than you think.

EVERYONE knows when you CC. Can't you feel them staring at you as you walk through the store?

They know. Everyone knows.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN

drrun

If a "threat" enters a building with intent, then OC or CC won't make a bit of difference. They are on a mission. Now, if they enter looking for OPPORTUNITY, which do you think looks like the easier target? They "grey man" that looks like any other sheep, or someone obviously armed and able to defend themselves?

I've NEVER had a negative encounter with law enforcement. Heck, I've never even been asked for my license. Ever. I don't think anyone has ever freaked out, let alone called 911. I've probably gotten scores of neutral comments (Hey! You have a gun!), and dozens of positive comments (Hey! Cool! You have a gun!). But, the vast majority of folks simply don't notice or don't care.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    If a "threat" enters a building with intent, then OC or CC won't make a bit of difference. They are on a mission. Now, if they enter looking for OPPORTUNITY, which do you think looks like the easier target? They "grey man" that looks like any other sheep, or someone obviously armed and able to defend themselves?

I've NEVER had a negative encounter with law enforcement. Heck, I've never even been asked for my license. Ever. I don't think anyone has ever freaked out, let alone called 911. I've probably gotten scores of neutral comments (Hey! You have a gun!), and dozens of positive comments (Hey! Cool! You have a gun!). But, the vast majority of folks simply don't notice or don't care.

I find it hard to believe they don't notice those bandoliers crossed your chest.
    :ar15:
    :)

Top Bottom