• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • danielson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Napoleon
    The Ostrich is just referring to someone who is close minded.
    The whole premise of this thread is to help people keep an open mind about Open Carry. Is it Not?

So, you are trying to say someone who is ok with both OC and CC, but prefers CC, is closed minded. But you are opposed to CC and outwardly refer to others who embrace this pro OC behavior as "seeing the light"??

Have you ever heard of a mirror? Bright, shiny thing, you can see yourself in it...

danielson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Napoleon
    I dont get it... why does this thread have 149 pages?

Seems like a simple concept to me. point out the pros and cons of both, and then make the decision which you prefer.

All the other 148 pages are just full of people who are purposely being obtuse, because they love to instigate and argue.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Keep an open mind - is just that.

There are people that don't carry at all but will still support one or both carry methods.
    It shouldn't matter how one carries or if they support one over the other.

I'm just against that total one sided opinion that some cops and trainers alike, that will force-feed their personal beliefs down your throat, pushing that their way is the only correct and/or legal way - period.

That's not objectively promoting anything.

That cop was so against Open Carry that he would stop OCers on and off duty and "kind-of" detaining them when he was visiting other states. He now has "seen the light" as in he Open Carries off duty and understands the reasoning and rights behind it all.

Bottom line - He's not the close minded Douchebag cop he use to be.

Mind Open! :)

And I don't look in the mirror much - there's some dude in there with a gun.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    And there are times many OCers will CC. Depends on circumstances.
    Just as the circumstance of a bouncer is kinda different than the normal OCer encounters.
    I used to exclusively CC.
    Even then, I didn't care what others choce was.
    Now, mostly OC.
    Still don't care.

danielson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Napoleon
    I have nothing against OCers, or CCers. I just dont like it when people talk about being open minded, as long as your mind is thinking the same that theirs is.

If you want to OC, do it. If you want to be hush hush about it, do it.

But, either way you chose to carry, CARRY!!!

That is whenever the state can be bothered to get your little piece of paper in the mail. I mean, lord knows they've cashed the check already.

mk2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    North Carolina
    Some good input there, mercop. In situations such as you described, yes, I would also CC.

But, generally, I would tend to avoid those situations. I hardly ever go to bars as it is, usually as the DD.

Thanks for your input. I think it helps people realize that there are times when CC is more appropriate and gives them an idea of the kinds of situations where even the Pro-OC crowd agrees it would be more advisable to be CC.

But readers should also consider that in their more regular, day-to-day, experiences, the benefits of OC may still outweigh the negatives. Everybody needs to think about it and make a conscious decision of whether to OC or CC based on what they are going to do.

mercop

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    PA
    I was only using the bar scenario to get to my feelings on ending up in a fixed position having to do something had my pistol been exposed. I have shared my feelings, which is what I thought the thread was for. I guess I just have enough experience to see the light. For those who know me know, that I show a way, not the way. Just glad everyone that can carries.- George

LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    I have nothing against OCers, or CCers. I just dont like it when people talk about being open minded, as long as your mind is thinking the same that theirs is.

If you want to OC, do it. If you want to be hush hush about it, do it.

But, either way you chose to carry, CARRY!!!

That is whenever the state can be bothered to get your little piece of paper in the mail. I mean, lord knows they've cashed the check already.

The "do it my way because it's the right way" tend to come from CC to OC.

Having said that, danielson is one of the JFC crowd and we welcome you to it! The JFC crowd isn't a my way or the highway bunch.

Cool.:yesway:

LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    I was only using the bar scenario to get to my feelings on ending up in a fixed position having to do something had my pistol been exposed. I have shared my feelings, which is what I thought the thread was for. I guess I just have enough experience to see the light. For those who know me know, that I show a way, not the way. Just glad everyone that can carries.- George

Thanks for sharing your real world exeriences.:ingo:

Last edited:

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I have decided that if Congress passes another AWB that I will strap on my replica 1872 open top 7 1/2" Navy revolver crossdraw in 44 special.

photo3rh.jpg

Top Bottom