• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I completely agree with everything except the reason for why we are not invaded. I happen to believe we have not been invaded before now because of all the weapons in PRIVATE hands NOT the military's. It is not the military and their level of training that is the deterrent. Rather, it is the large amount of weapons scattered across the USA in private hands that is the true deterrent to an invading army. Private citizens under arms defending their homes far outnumber the US military. Your post is an excellent one so don't be a stranger on here! :)
    Two oceans and a really big navy/air force probably had more to do with the lack of invasion than the number of guns people have.

danielson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Napoleon
    I understand where your coming from. Our military is intimidating. But the fact people are considering here, is during WW2, the Japanese considered invading our country. Their spies informed them this would be suicide, and would surely fail, for "there is a firearm behind every blade of grass". This quote was not said by Yamamoto, despite what alot of people believe.. So there is something to be said about being a well armed society. Some say the entire reason Hitler avoided Switzerland was a combination of the terrain, and the fact that every able bodied citizen was required to keep a main battle rifle at home, and be trained to use it. It would have been costly for the Germans to do this, same with Japanese invading America. Could they have done it? Maybe, but we made it a risk they were not willing to take.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I understand where your coming from. Our military is intimidating. But the fact people are considering here, is during WW2, the Japanese considered invading our country. Their spies informed them this would be suicide, and would surely fail, for "there is a firearm behind every blade of grass". This quote was not said by Yamamoto, despite what alot of people believe.. So there is something to be said about being a well armed society. Some say the entire reason Hitler avoided Switzerland was a combination of the terrain, and the fact that every able bodied citizen was required to keep a main battle rifle at home, and be trained to use it. It would have been costly for the Germans to do this, same with Japanese invading America. Could they have done it? Maybe, but we made it a risk they were not willing to take.

That quote is a myth. There are several reasons why an invasion of the U.S. is impractical. The least of which would be how well armed the citizenry might be.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 31, 2014
    Merrillville
    Bobby: You sent me a PM asking who made the belt. I can't respond to PMs till I have 50 posts so I'll just respond here. The holster, belt, and mag pouch were made by Rick Garcia at Welcome To RG Leather

I worked with him via email was very happy with how things went. I have an IWB holster from him as well but didn't get a chance to take a picture of it. Here are some pictures I just took.

I've discovered that a good gun belt is crucial for carrying comfort and stability. The buckle is removable so it can be replaced with something that suits your preferences better. The prices were very fair.

IMG_20141106_112948_zps5quugzdd.jpg

IMG_20141106_113001_zpsjemlkrax.jpg

IMG_20141106_113007_zps9cvbbryw.jpg

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    So . . . this "element of surprise" thing . . .

Wouldn't it be a really, really big surprise if someone carrying concealed drew and shot anything they thought might be looking for trouble? What could be more surprising than getting shot for reaching for your wallet to pay for your groceries? I know that would surprise me!

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 31, 2014
    Merrillville
    So . . . this "element of surprise" thing . . .

Wouldn't it be a really, really big surprise if someone carrying concealed drew and shot anything they thought might be looking for trouble? What could be more surprising than getting shot for reaching for your wallet to pay for your groceries? I know that would surprise me!

I also know it wouldn't happen. The fundamental basis for carrying a concealed weapon is to de-escalate a level 10 severity threat. If you all read the links in the original post, the author of the linked website goes on to tell a story of a madman who had a gun to his wife's head as the cops showed up to the door. He pulled the trigger, then moved to aim the shotgun toward the cops. When the cop was asked why he shot him 6 times, he said "because I ran out of bullets."

That's a level 10. Immediate threat to your life. Unless the person carrying the concealed weapon was in a state of mentally deranged paranoia or schizophrenia, the scenario simply doesn't exist.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    I also know it wouldn't happen. The fundamental basis for carrying a concealed weapon is to de-escalate a level 10 severity threat. If you all read the links in the original post, the author of the linked website goes on to tell a story of a madman who had a gun to his wife's head as the cops showed up to the door. He pulled the trigger, then moved to aim the shotgun toward the cops. When the cop was asked why he shot him 6 times, he said "because I ran out of bullets."

That's a level 10. Immediate threat to your life. Unless the person carrying the concealed weapon was in a state of mentally deranged paranoia or schizophrenia, the scenario simply doesn't exist.
    Word of advice: your sarcasm meter might need some recalibration for INGO viewing. We're, uh, just a little bit different at times.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 31, 2014
    Merrillville
    Word of advice: your sarcasm meter might need some recalibration for INGO viewing. We're, uh, just a little bit different at times.

LOL. I see that now. Doh!

I'm used to weird sarcasm because of my wife, but most of the other gun boards I was on were...well...how do I put this easily...like this:

angry-no_zps4a1f8bc9.png

Top Bottom