• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    It's been a while since anyone posted in this thread. I'll just leave this here.

[video=youtube_share;paxBG5SPn4U]http://youtu.be/paxBG5SPn4U[/video]

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Hello? :tumbleweed:

[video=youtube_share;QlukQKd9u68]http://youtu.be/QlukQKd9u68[/video]

I'm disappointed to set Eric and Chad take this position. They almost sound like anti-gunners.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Well, that was difficult to watch.

They never even managed to get beyond the most common and easily refuted "points" against open carry. Various fallacies of fact and logic were attempted, but couldn't possibly be supported.

The most annoying part was that they just seemed to meander through the segment, seemingly thinking this stuff up as they went along rather than having studied up on the subject (or even having considered it seriously) prior to filming.

That's a recipe for coming off like doofuses (doofi?), which is my estimation of those 2.

I'm sure these guys like guns, but they don't seem to understand or support liberty.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    The thing is they are normally pretty good when it comes to gun rights and 2A issues. I agree with you about the rambling incoherent delivery. So many tired and debunked talking points. At first I thought it was tongue and cheek. I kept waiting for the "just kidding" at the end, but it never came.

Bluejeeper

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2014
    Montgomery County
    Well that's disappointing to hear, but I'll watch it later to see how many "talking points" I can easily debunk.

I like most of their stuff, which makes it even more disappointing.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    You'll find 5-7 out of 10 Georgians, walking about, packing? Maybe in their shop but if they're doing it out in general public, a whole bunch of Georgians are violating their laws. According to some quick googling, there are somewhere north of 600K carry permit holders in Georgia and Georgia has about 10MM people. Unless I missed it and there are allowances that let another 4.4MM people carry without a permit, either my quickly found stats are off or their math is.

I'm not even an ardent OCer like some of you guys are and I found that video difficult to watch.

SteveM4A1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 3, 2013
    Rockport
    They were clearly talking about me. I have been told I am both classless and tasteless.

..And I have been shot first multiple times by the "bad guys".

Last edited:

LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0

I'm disappointed to set Eric and Chad take this position. They almost sound like anti-gunners.

The PAIN! Make it stop.

Not one word about the deterrent effect. Nada.

Element of surprise, first one shot, CC badge gets you shot first because the BG thinks you're a cop and even some mumbo jumbo about a gun in the corner of a room with 2 unarmed perps making it 3 armed people? Holy crap.

These guys are missing a few noggin cells. Not a well thought out video.

Bluejeeper

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2014
    Montgomery County
    I tried to watch it.... I couldn't finish it.

So it's ok to open carry in your place of business to deter people from taking your things, but it's not ok to open carry everywhere else to deter people from taking you life. Interesting.

That was one of the most incoherent videos I have seen them do.

Side note: If any of you watch lonewolfusmc, John is also very anti-OC.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Well, that tears it! NO MORE OPEN CARRY FOR RHINO!

I . . . must . . . retain . . . element of surprise! SURPRISE.

And won't people be surprised when I draw from concealment and take care o' bidness before they get the chance to think about hurting me.

SteveM4A1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 3, 2013
    Rockport
    Well, that tears it! NO MORE OPEN CARRY FOR RHINO!

I . . . must . . . retain . . . element of surprise! SURPRISE.

And won't people be surprised when I draw from concealment and take care o' bidness before they get the chance to think about hurting me.

You can draw, assemble your gun, chamber a round, and disable the threat all in one second anyway. What's the big deal?:dunno:

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    You can draw, assemble your gun, chamber a round, and disable the threat all in one second anyway. What's the big deal?:dunno:

Well, think about it this way: I do all of that in under a second and I get it done before the would-assailant has the chance to even consider attacking me. It's all about surprise. SURPRISE. Adding the Super Pink Ninja Skills to get it done in under one second is just icing on the Element of Surprise Cake.

Did I mention ELEMENT OF SURPRISE enough times to adequately imply my cleverly concealed point? Heh.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    funny-ah-element-of-surprise.jpg

Bluejeeper

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2014
    Montgomery County
    Well, think about it this way: I do all of that in under a second and I get it done before the would-assailant has the chance to even consider attacking me. It's all about surprise. SURPRISE. Adding the Super Pink Ninja Skills to get it done in under one second is just icing on the Element of Surprise Cake.

Did I mention ELEMENT OF SURPRISE enough times to adequately imply my cleverly concealed point? Heh.

Make sure you get 11 rounds of .22 LR in the face in there, too

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon

I had to respond to this tripe:

You lost me at "open carry *******s", and drove home your anti-open-carry bigotry with "Billy bad ass". For the record: I carry concealed, but I support the liberty of law-abiding people to exercise their natural, God-given, constitutionally protected rights in the manner they see fit, according to their own needs and purposes. Hand gun, long gun, concealed carry, open carry: these choices are for the free person to make, not for anyone else to make for him. You consider carrying concealed to be more "wise"? Fantastic! You should carry concealed, per your own sense of wisdom. But neither your sense of wisdom nor your offense at the sight of an openly carried firearm compel another free person from exercising his rights as he sees fit.

You claim that open carriers are more likely to be the target of a criminal, and that they are more likely to have their gun taken from them and used against them. Can you cite any statistics that support such claims? Surely, with some 12 million law-abiding citizens carrying daily, such statistics exist. (For that matter: the US has - what? - a million law enforcement officers, who carry openly. How do statistics of LEO firearm retention compare to those of non-LEO firearm retention?)

Perhaps you've heard of John Lott? He proves statistically, in his book "More Guns, Less Crime", that the presence of firearms carried, openly or concealed, by law-abiding citizens, deters criminals. Criminals aren't going to shoot the open carrier first; rather, they're going to move on to greener pastures (such as the free-fire, defenseless-victim areas known as "Gun Free Zones"). Criminals are generally cowards, and want to commit their crime with as little resistance as possible; thus, rather than shoot the open carrier first, they're instead going to go find a more promising victim.

People who fear the sight of a firearm are irrational. Criminals don't announce their intent to commit crime by openly carrying long guns. FBI statistics show that criminals overwhelmingly (over 90%) prefer to use a concealed hand gun in the commission of their crimes. Someone openly carrying a hand gun or a long gun is the last person anyone should fear. In fact, non-LEO who are licensed to carry firearms commit crimes at a rate an order of magnitude less frequently than even LEO. (Don't waste your time looking for blood running in the streets of constitutional carry states, either.)

As for your "scare little kids" and other appeal-to-emotion canards: MDA approves.

By the way: I'm an Indiana resident. I'll be traveling to Ohio for work for the next couple months. HB 234 doesn't go into effect until March, so until then, the only way for me to carry a firearm lawfully will be to open carry. The apparent choice you've left me, if I follow your line of argumentation, is to be a "Billy bad-ass open-carry *******", or disarm. Maybe you should think your position through a bit more before making an argument.

Or better yet: not try to tell other free, law-abiding people how they should choose to exercise their natural, God-given, constitutional rights in the first place.

Bluejeeper

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2014
    Montgomery County
    Or better yet: not try to tell other free, law-abiding people how they should choose to exercise their natural, God-given, constitutional rights in the first place.

It seems that this is the part most people have trouble with. Live and let live!

Top Bottom