• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • protias

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Formerly Greensburg
    Bacon... And I DIDNT say the GOVERNMENT granted us the rights to carry our bacon. I said the right was granted to us by this great nation. The second amendment clearly serves to ensure we will always have the right to bear bacon, so because we live in this nation, we still have it. I love arguing, isn't it fun? I will read into what you say, and assume you mean what I hate, so that I can relieve the stress that's pent up inside me from work, and life... To that, I say, BACON *****ES!!!

Just like this nation granted us our 1A, 3A, 4A, 5A, etc, etc? If the nation granted us these rights, then they can take them away.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    ...I said the right was granted to us by this great nation.

This is not even an argument, it is just an absurd statement. It's not an opinion or preference, it is factually incorrect.

The second amendment clearly serves to ensure we will always have the right...

Neither the 2A nor any other written amendment has served to ensure any right, that the people maintain the means and will to resist is the only true defense.

danielson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Napoleon
    Well, If you think this nation deserves no credit for you still having your right to bear arms, move and try to carry your firearms, then when you get arrested, tell them the right was given to you by god... I bet that will work just fine... The part your all getting bogged down on is my use of the term nation. Im not saying the government grants us permission to carry firearms, even though they really do, if not, what is that little pink piece of paper in your wallet? But what I am ACTUALLY saying is, this nation, AS A WHOLE CONCEPTUAL IDEAL, is the reason we have this right. Period... We all know if not for the 2A, the government would have taken this right away from us decades ago, if not centuries ago... and their still working on it... But because of THIS NATION, we still have the right, and if the constitution is not back-doored, we always will. I think alot of you are being abit too creative with my words. Or not creative enough...

Rhoadmar

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 18, 2012
    The farm
    Well, If you think this nation deserves no credit for you still having your right to bear arms, move and try to carry your firearms, then when you get arrested, tell them the right was given to you by god... I bet that will work just fine... The part your all getting bogged down on is my use of the term nation. Im not saying the government grants us permission to carry firearms, even though they really do, if not, what is that little pink piece of paper in your wallet? But what I am ACTUALLY saying is, this nation, AS A WHOLE CONCEPTUAL IDEAL, is the reason we have this right. Period... We all know if not for the 2A, the government would have taken this right away from us decades ago, if not centuries ago... and their still working on it... But because of THIS NATION, we still have the right, and if the constitution is not back-doored, we always will. I think alot of you are being abit too creative with my words. Or not creative enough...

The right exists outside of any nations existence.

protias

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Formerly Greensburg

Again, any permission slip we have to buy (tax), is an infringement upon that right. Remember the poll tax after the Civil War? Ya, that was deemed illegal. We just have to work diligently to remove those restrictions placed upon us.

danielson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Napoleon
    The right does not EXIST outside of any nations existence. The IDEA of the right, exists outside of any nations existence... There's a HUGE difference. This nation is a place where we can actually HAVE this right... In a world FILLED with nations that deny it... If you don't think AMERICA deserves some credit for this, your nuts...

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    129   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    The right does not EXIST outside of any nations existence. The IDEA of the right, exists outside of any nations existence... There's a HUGE difference. This nation is a place where we can actually HAVE this right... In a world FILLED with nations that deny it... If you don't think AMERICA deserves some credit for this, your nuts...

Like hell it doesn't! If there were no nations there would be no laws other than natural law, and that's what the 2nd Amendment affirms! Thanks for making that point for us.

Bluejeeper

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2014
    Montgomery County

You really don't get the whole "inalienable rights" thing do you? One day, the people of those nations will wake up and say enough is enough and take their rights back. Kinda like we did back around the time of the Revolutionary War. I love this great country, but the nation does not deserve nuts. The Founding Fathers are the ones that had the foresight to enshrine those rights in our Founding Documents, and the People who hold the government to the Constitution.

danielson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Napoleon
    You really don't get the difference between everyone DESERVING the right, the NATURAL right of any living person, and actually HAVING the right.... You can hold fast to your ideals all you want, but if you don't live in a very small number of countries in the world, of which America is the greatest, they will be nothing but that.... An IDEAL... NOT an actuality.

The fact that your an American means you HAVE that right... The constitution affirms it... That's my point, and you can argue that all day, but your not listening to what I'm saying. If you were someone living in one of the MANY countries with complete restrictions on this right, how much they would love to have the right given to them by god or nature or whatever you want to call it, and they will tell you its a great idea, but they don't HAVE it.. You do, and this nation is the reason for that...

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    You really don't get the difference between everyone DESERVING the right, the NATURAL right of any living person, and actually HAVING the right.... You can hold fast to your ideals all you want, but if you don't live in a very small number of countries in the world, of which America is the greatest, they will be nothing but that.... An IDEAL... NOT an actuality.

The fact that your an American means you HAVE that right... The constitution affirms it... That's my point, and you can argue that all day, but your not listening to what I'm saying. If you were someone living in one of the MANY countries with complete restrictions on this right, how much they would love to have the right given to them by god or nature or whatever you want to call it, and they will tell you its a great idea, but they don't HAVE it..
    Air doesn't cease to exist just because someone creates a vacuum.

Likewise, the inherent right doesn't cease to exist just because someone uses force to stop the free exercise thereof.

Bluejeeper

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2014
    Montgomery County
    :facepalm:

Every living person on this planet has these same rights. If they CHOOSE(yes you read that right) to let their gov have control of their rights, that is their choice. And before you say they don't have a choice in the matter, look up this little scuffle called the American Revolution.

danielson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Napoleon
    lol... ok... I return this thread to its regularly scheduled pointless banter...

As I said before I became the target for people desperate to "win" an "argument" despite facts.. If you think poorly of people who choose to OC, your not using your head, your not considering their perspective. If you think poorly of people who choose to CC, your not using your head, your not considering their perspective. There's a time and place for everything..... and it's called college... Oh wait... That's not what I meant...

Just effing carry.
    Peace out girlscouts..

Rhoadmar

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 18, 2012
    The farm
    lol... ok... I return this thread to its regularly scheduled pointless banter...

As I said before I became the target for people desperate to "win" an "argument" despite facts.. If you think poorly of people who choose to OC, your not using your head, your not considering their perspective. If you think poorly of people who choose to CC, your not using your head, your not considering their perspective. There's a time and place for everything..... and it's called college... Oh wait... That's not what I meant...

Just effing carry.
    Peace out girlscouts..

Ah, I get it. Drama royalty.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Great article. My friends and I have discussed this and I leave it up to the person if they choose to open carry or not. I think there are pro's and con's to both open and concealed carry. But what I am not in support of is those people you see walking around with ar-15's or ak-47's slung on there shoulders. I am sorry if your one of those people, but carrying a pistol on your hip openly is exercising your 2A right, but openly carrying an ar-15 just makes the rest of us look bad. It makes the pacifist think were are all gun-toting right wing paranoid nut jobs.

Welcome to INGO.

I'll just address the part you've got backwards there. In Indiana, carrying a rifle is exercising your right while carrying a pistol on your hip (openly or concealed) without purchasing a permission slip is prohibited.

Carrying rifles doesn't make us look bad, worrying more about what the pacifists think does.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    129   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Welcome to INGO.

I'll just address the part you've got backwards there. In Indiana, carrying a rifle is exercising your right while carrying a pistol on your hip (openly or concealed) without purchasing a permission slip is prohibited.

Carrying rifles doesn't make us look bad, worrying more about what the pacifists think does.

I like the way you think!

:cheers:

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Great article. My friends and I have discussed this and I leave it up to the person if they choose to open carry or not. I think there are pro's and con's to both open and concealed carry. But what I am not in support of is those people you see walking around with ar-15's or ak-47's slung on there shoulders. I am sorry if your one of those people, but carrying a pistol on your hip openly is exercising your 2A right, but openly carrying an ar-15 just makes the rest of us look bad. It makes the pacifist think were are all gun-toting right wing paranoid nut jobs.

What'd he just call me?? :boxing:

protias

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Formerly Greensburg

You can't control what other people think. You could offend someone with the way you wear your pants. Many left wing nut jobs suffer from hoplophobia.

Top Bottom