• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BCMPatriot

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2013
    Auburn
    I'm going to keep posting this link until I'm blue in the face because I'm sick and tired of hearing about people OCing long guns at "low ready". LOW READY MEANS SHOULDERED, DAMNIT. Read this:

Firearms History, Technology & Development: Rifle Shooting Positions: Ready Positions

If I walk into the local grocery store with my Tavor at low ready I fully expect to be shot (or at least shot at). If it's hanging from a sling and I'm not touching it (analogous to a holstered pistol) I expect my Tavor to be one hell of a great conversation starter, no more.
    I guess you haven't seen the pictures of the people holding them at low ready then. I am well-aware of what low ready is, chief. No need for your link. I think if you are OCing a long gun it should be in front of you, or you better be pretty quick in transitioning it from your back to front.

SteveM4A1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 3, 2013
    Rockport
    I guess you haven't seen the pictures of the people holding them at low ready then. I am well-aware of what low ready is, chief. No need for your link. I think if you are OCing a long gun it should be in front of you, or you better be pretty quick in transitioning it from your back to front.

So you don't think people should african carry? What makes you think african carry is not a viable option for carrying a long gun?

BCMPatriot

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2013
    Auburn
    So you don't think people should african carry? What makes you think african carry is not a viable option for carrying a long gun?
    African carry? haha I have never heard it called that. Well actually I think they they should wear them like hats, hands free and easily accessible.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    129   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN

Linky, please.

SteveM4A1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 3, 2013
    Rockport
    African carry? haha I have never heard it called that. Well actually I think they they should wear them like hats, hands free and easily accessible.

[video=youtube;rhyyzMZqA_k]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhyyzMZqA_k[/video]

If carrying a long gun for self defense, wouldn't this be one of the best options?

SteveM4A1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 3, 2013
    Rockport
    Sure let me dig through my card catalog.

You're the one that is stating it as fact, so please provide support. I haven't seen a picture of anyone carrying at the low ready, but I haven't seen many pictures of them either.

So what is really your beef with long gun open carry? Do you think maybe you have been manipulated by the media?

BCMPatriot

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2013
    Auburn
    You're the one that is stating it as fact, so please provide support. I haven't seen a picture of anyone carrying at the low ready, but I haven't seen many pictures of them either.

So what is really your beef with long gun open carry? Do you think maybe you have been manipulated by the media?
    HA! Manipulated by the media? That's cute. Steve if you're not smart enough to read through the previous posts, then well I can't really help ya buddy.

SteveM4A1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 3, 2013
    Rockport
    HA! Manipulated by the media? That's cute. Steve if you're not smart enough to read through the previous posts, then well I can't really help ya buddy.

You are the one making statements without anything to support them. You have been called on a couple times now to provide proof, yet you haven't. Just admit it is an emotional issue for you and not a factual one.

BCMPatriot said:
    You weren't? Oh wait, yes you were. But honestly it's hard to care. We each have the right to our own opinions, right?

Please show me where.

BCMPatriot

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2013
    Auburn
    [video=youtube;rhyyzMZqA_k]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhyyzMZqA_k[/video]

If carrying a long gun for self defense, wouldn't this be one of the best options?
    Was this not a suggestion? Or are you standing on the fence? I have made my position and defended it. Just because you don't agree with it doesn't me you need to attack. You're like the annoying kid in school who keeps arguing just for the sake of arguing and won't give up until someone says you're right. You can't stand that someone thinks differently, can you? Notice all of my posts have said that my thoughts are my opinions. They're my opinions and I've never claimed to be an expert in the subject. That's the good part of these open forums, you get different people with different experiences. Trust me, I'm a Constitutional Conservative and have no problem with OC. Just because I don't do it often doesn't mean I am against it.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    ...Just because I don't do it often doesn't mean I am against it.

The unsupported negative motives you've project onto those who don't conceal their firearms or those who opt to carry long arms belie your claim.

You very much sound like you aren't informed enough on this matter to have developed such firm contrary opinions. I must ask, what was it that originally swayed you from a position of neutrality if not the media?

SteveM4A1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 3, 2013
    Rockport
    Was this not a suggestion? Or are you standing on the fence?
    Notice the question mark? I was asking you, not stating anything as fact, as you have repeatedly done without providing ANY support for your claims.

I have made my position and defended it.

You haven't defended anything with proof or reasoning. You have stated things as fact with no supporting evidence.

Just because you don't agree with it doesn't me you need to attack. You're like the annoying kid in school who keeps arguing just for the sake of arguing and won't give up until someone says you're right. You can't stand that someone thinks differently, can you?

Aside from the insult...Once again, please show me where I have projected my fears or ideologies onto another individual. I have stated what is best for myself and the reasoning behind it, with FACTS to support it. Then I asked questions. You came here making statements and I asked questions about what you said. This is hardly an attack. This is called a debate.

Notice all of my posts have said that my thoughts are my opinions. They're my opinions and I've never claimed to be an expert in the subject.

So now they are just opinions? You weren't stating you were an expert, but you were making definitive statements without any proof. ONCE AGAIN, PLEASE PROVIDE PROOF IF YOU ARE GOING TO DEBATE A SUBJECT.

danielson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Napoleon
    I firmly believe, if the world fell into nuclear apocalypse, and there were only two people left alive. They would argue OC vs CC.. Jeez...

Anyone who has feelings of discontent toward another mans chosen carry method, please remember, its our RIGHT, to carry however we damn well please... If you don't like it, TOO BAD!!!! If you think CCers are pussies, or behaving like criminals (because only criminals hide their guns, don't you know) Your an idiot...
    If you think OCers are just trying to show the world how big their dicks are by carrying their firearm on their side (because people who OC are all doing it just to show off, don't you know) Your an idiot...

In a WORLD that is becoming more and more anti gun, the LAST thing we need is this in-fighting. Embrace the differences between us, because we all love America, and we all love the rights given to us by this great nation. I know this argument will continue no matter what anyone says, but believe it or not, I think it hurts our cause. Everyone who chooses not to carry a certain way, does so because of their personal beliefs about the matter, and there's no problem stating those in conversation. But there is no reason to use them as ammo against a fellow 2A supporter, who doesn't feel the same way you do. Its silly, junior high school crap, and it makes us look retarded.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    I firmly believe, if the world fell into nuclear apocalypse, and there were only two people left alive. They would argue OC vs CC.. Jeez...

Well, I'd certainly hope so. They're gonna need something entertaining to do for the rest of their lives. ;)

...In a WORLD that is becoming more and more anti gun, the LAST thing we need is this in-fighting...

You continue to consistently conflate argument with fighting. Quit with all the pleading, the cause is just fine, nobody is forcing anything on anyone and all conversations here are voluntary.

Freedom, aint it great?

Top Bottom