• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bluejeeper

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2014
    Montgomery County
    I OC'd my Mosin through Walmart once when I was doing my grocery shopping after a range trip. It was that or leave it unsecured in an open Jeep. Got some looks, nobody said anything, police never showed up. So you seem to be saying that I shouldn't have done that, because it wasn't really for personal protection?

BCMPatriot

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2013
    Auburn
    I OC'd my Mosin through Walmart once when I was doing my grocery shopping after a range trip. It was that or leave it unsecured in an open Jeep. Got some looks, nobody said anything, police never showed up. So you seem to be saying that I shouldn't have done that, because it wasn't really for personal protection?
    Did you do it to intimidate others? Nope, so heck yeah I would have carried it in there rather than leave it sitting in the open Jeep haha.

BCMPatriot

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2013
    Auburn
    I don't know of anyone that openly carries a rifle to intimidate others, as that is against the law. I'm sure there are people out there that do it, though. You seemed to lump all long gun OCers into one group, and that is why I was asking. If I had a rifle and I was going somewhere I didn't feel safe, then I would seriously consider carrying that rifle. After all, my handgun does not have the punch a long arm has.
    I don't know anyone either, that doesn't mean they don't exist. Like I said, if you do it legitimately for personal protection, by all means have at it. Do you OC a rifle? If so where, when and why?

Bluejeeper

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2014
    Montgomery County
    Did you do it to intimidate others? Nope, so heck yeah I would have carried it in there rather than leave it sitting in the open Jeep haha.

Right on!

So intimidation is bad. But is personal protection really the only reason to OC a long gun as you are saying to Steve? Is "because I can" a valid reason to you to OC a long gun? If not, why not?

BCMPatriot

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2013
    Auburn
    Right on!

So intimidation is bad. But is personal protection really the only reason to OC a long gun as you are saying to Steve? Is "because I can" a valid reason to you to OC a long gun? If not, why not?
    I honestly don't know. What do you think? Enough of ya'll asking me what my thoughts are. I've explained my position, now I'd like to hear yours as well. :)

SteveM4A1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 3, 2013
    Rockport
    You don't own any rifle?

Negative. I had to sell quite a few possessions not too long ago for personal reasons.

BCMPatriot said:
    I honestly don't know. What do you think? Enough of ya'll asking me what my thoughts are. I've explained my position, now I'd like to hear yours as well. :)

You do not need a reason to exercise a right, nor should you.

I may not like how someone chooses to use their rights, but I will never advocate that they shouldn't be allowed to exercise their rights how they want, regardless of the why.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    I don't know anyone either, that doesn't mean they don't exist. Like I said, if you do it legitimately for personal protection, by all means have at it. Do you OC a rifle? If so where, when and why?

What if I do it just because I can?

Is that not legitimate enough?

I have 6 vehicles. Do I need to legitimize having 6 of them?

I have a large house. Do I need to legitimize having a large house?

I make more money than I really need to live on. Do I need to legitimize making more than is absolutely necessary?

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011

I make more money than I really need to live on. Do I need to legitimize making more than is absolutely necessary?

Can I borrow a quarter...and a car? Do you have an extra room? :):

BCMPatriot

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2013
    Auburn
    Negative. I had to sell quite a few possessions not too long ago for personal reasons.

You do not need a reason to exercise a right, nor should you.

I may not like how someone chooses to use their rights, but I will never advocate that they shouldn't be allowed to exercise their rights how they want, regardless of the why.
    Exactly what I have been saying.

BCMPatriot

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2013
    Auburn

No, you need to turn it all into the government, please. No one needs all of that.

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In

Is it scary that I read these questions and have to wonder how people would answer them? 20 years ago I have no doubt most would answer NO, but now?

BCMPatriot

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2013
    Auburn
    Is it scary that I read these questions and have to wonder how people would answer them? 20 years ago I have no doubt most would answer NO, but now?
    You're quite right. It's insane the amount of people that think having those things would be "unfair" to those less-fortunate.

Bluejeeper

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2014
    Montgomery County

Hey, you're the one that came into "The Open Carry Arguement" and said you mostltly CC :whistle:

but, my position is thus: The rights of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. Period, end of story. :thumb:

BCMPatriot

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2013
    Auburn
    Hey, you're the one that came into "The Open Carry Arguement" and said you mostltly CC :whistle:

but, my position is thus: The rights of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. Period, end of story. :thumb:
    I sure did and defended my position on where and why I do. My position is the exact same. I just made a point that people who OC to intimidate others shouldn't.

Top Bottom