• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BCMPatriot

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2013
    Auburn
    That gives him 50 posts. My guess is he's headed to the classifieds...18 posts in the last day and a big ramp up this afternoon.

Bingo: Activity Viewing Thread WTS: Larue tactical PredatOBR .556/.223
    Wow, thanks for being so judgmental guys. Actually I was trying to hit 50 posts because 223 Gunner sent me a PM and I couldn't respond to him until I had 50 posts. And as far as looking at that Larue in the classifieds, 223 Gunner just bought it and was showing me. We had been talking on Armslist about my BCM I had for sale on there that he was thinking of buying. Yeah LockStocksAndBarrel you do call them like you see them. You just don't always call them right.

Now back to keeping ON topic. I CC in public for the simple fact that I don't think everyone needs to know that I am carrying. Half of your responsibility as an individual carrying is to keep the peace. While others may have a different opinion on why they OC everywhere, I don't think it's necessary. The times I OC are just because it's more comfortable.

protias

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Formerly Greensburg
    Wow, thanks for being so judgmental guys. Actually I was trying to hit 50 posts because 223 Gunner sent me a PM and I couldn't respond to him until I had 50 posts. And as far as looking at that Larue in the classifieds, 223 Gunner just bought it and was showing me. We had been talking on Armslist about my BCM I had for sale on there that he was thinking of buying. Yeah LockStocksAndBarrel you do call them like you see them. You just don't always call them right.

Now back to keeping ON topic. I CC in public for the simple fact that I don't think everyone needs to know that I am carrying. Half of your responsibility as an individual carrying is to keep the peace. While others may have a different opinion on why they OC everywhere, I don't think it's necessary. The times I OC are just because it's more comfortable.

You will never be able to appease all people at all times. You will offend someone eventually, whether is it you carrying, your shirt color, your skin, the car you drive, etc, etc, etc. We are not able to control other people's feelings. ;)

BCMPatriot

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2013
    Auburn
    You will never be able to appease all people at all times. You will offend someone eventually, whether is it you carrying, your shirt color, your skin, the car you drive, etc, etc, etc. We are not able to control other people's feelings. ;)
    Apparently. I guess I should know my place. Someone with 55 posts should never question the authority of someone with 5000+ posts. How dare me? Thanks protias :)

SteveM4A1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 3, 2013
    Rockport
    Apparently. I guess I should know my place. Someone with 55 posts should never question the authority of someone with 5000+ posts. How dare me? Thanks protias :)

Haha don't worry about those comments man. Generally, that would be the correct assessment of the situation, as most just want the 50 posts. Did you read the OP BCMPatriot? Do you disagree with the advantages that OC may provide over CC?

BCMPatriot

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2013
    Auburn
    Haha don't worry about those comments man. Generally, that would be the correct assessment of the situation, as most just want the 50 posts. Did you read the OP BCMPatriot? Do you disagree with the advantages that OC may provide over CC?
    I did, and while the author makes some good points; I generally can't see one choice clearly being better than the other. I think it depends on the person carrying, their training, comfort level with OC and generally where they live/travel on a day-to-day basis. I used to live in Columbus, OH and I can say with confidence that carrying openly there would most certainly ruffle more feathers than OCing where I currently live.

What I have a problem with are these people blatantly carrying long guns just because they can. I think they set a bad precedence for law-abiding gun owners.

SteveM4A1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 3, 2013
    Rockport
    Why do you have a problem with lawful activity?

What he said.

BCMPatriot said:
    I did, and while the author makes some good points; I generally can't see one choice clearly being better than the other. I think it depends on the person carrying, their training, comfort level with OC and generally where they live/travel on a day-to-day basis. I used to live in Columbus, OH and I can say with confidence that carrying openly there would most certainly ruffle more feathers than OCing where I currently live.

I don't think anyone here is advocating what the best choice for another is, but stating the reasons why we, personally, choose the method of carry that we do. There are times when I conceal, even though I believe OC is a better method of carry for myself.

BCMPatriot

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2013
    Auburn
    Why do you have a problem with lawful activity?
    Because I don't think their hearts are in the right place. Yes they are the minority, but that's all the media will show. They don't show men and women OCing handguns with their children peacefully shopping. No, they choose to show the idiots holding their ARs at low-ready and that does not reflect responsible carry. It's not a fashion accessory, it's a tool.

BCMPatriot

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2013
    Auburn
    What he said.

I don't think anyone here is advocating what the best choice for another is, but stating the reasons why we, personally, choose the method of carry that we do. There are times when I conceal, even though I believe OC is a better method of carry for myself.
    Like I said, it depends on the person and I have no quarrel if OC is better for you :)

protias

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Formerly Greensburg
    Because I don't think their hearts are in the right place. Yes they are the minority, but that's all the media will show. They don't show men and women OCing handguns with their children peacefully shopping. No, they choose to show the idiots holding their ARs at low-ready and that does not reflect responsible carry. It's not a fashion accessory, it's a tool.

So your personal opinion says lawful activity is not ok?

As for the firearm being a tool, I completely agree, but whether it is long or short, it is still a tool. People misuse tools all the time (have you seen how people drive?). Why do firearms get such a bad context?

LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0

It's just a sport some of us participate in. It was a run to 50 but not for the classifieds. Sorry if I hurt your feelings.

Yes he will!

Haha don't worry about those comments man. Generally, that would be the correct assessment of the situation, as most just want the 50 posts.

What Steve said.

BCMPatriot

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2013
    Auburn
    So your personal opinion says lawful activity is not ok?

As for the firearm being a tool, I completely agree, but whether it is long or short, it is still a tool. People misuse tools all the time (have you seen how people drive?). Why do firearms get such a bad context?
    Yes, my personal opinion is that open carrying a long gun to spite people is unwise, as legal as it is.

As far as why do firearms get such a bad context? Well it's the whole reason that we are having this discussion haha. No one knows.... (cue creepy Halloween music)

SteveM4A1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 3, 2013
    Rockport
    Yes, my personal opinion is that open carrying a long gun to spite people is unwise, as legal as it is.

As far as why do firearms get such a bad context? Well it's the whole reason that we are having this discussion haha. No one knows.... (cue creepy Halloween music)

People buy fancy cars and clothes to spite others. Do you believe they shouldn't do that as well?

BCMPatriot

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2013
    Auburn
    People buy fancy cars and clothes to spite others. Do you believe they shouldn't do that as well?
    People do that?

*Edit*

Keep in mind that I'm not advocating banning/declaring illegal or any of the sort. Just because someone doesn't agree with something doesn't mean that think it should be illegal.

SteveM4A1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 3, 2013
    Rockport
    People do that?

*Edit*

Keep in mind that I'm not advocating banning/declaring illegal or any of the sort. Just because someone doesn't agree with something doesn't mean that think it should be illegal.

People do all kinds of things to spite others. Using your logic, one shouldn't do anything to spite another, correct?

What if I am OCing a rifle for my protection, not to spite another? Does that change your opinion? Or are you going to argue that a handgun is a superior defensive tool and all rifles have no self defense value?

BCMPatriot

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2013
    Auburn
    People do all kinds of things to spite others. Using your logic, one shouldn't do anything to spite another, correct?

What if I am OCing a rifle for my protection, not to spite another? Does that change your opinion? Or are you going to argue that a handgun is a superior defensive tool and all rifles have no self defense value?
    That was laced in sarcasm. If you are legitimately carrying for protection, good for you. Don't you get it? I'm not against open carrying. I'm against the people who do it for intimidation. If I was against OC I wouldn't do it. But I do in some instances.

SteveM4A1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 3, 2013
    Rockport
    That was laced in sarcasm. If you are legitimately carrying for protection, good for you. Don't you get it? I'm not against open carrying. I'm against the people who do it for intimidation. If I was against OC I wouldn't do it. But I do in some instances.

I don't know of anyone that openly carries a rifle to intimidate others, as that is against the law. I'm sure there are people out there that do it, though. You seemed to lump all long gun OCers into one group, and that is why I was asking. If I had a rifle and I was going somewhere I didn't feel safe, then I would seriously consider carrying that rifle. After all, my handgun does not have the punch a long arm has.

Top Bottom