• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KS588

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    That's is good info. I haven't thought about it in the light presented. While this may be beating a dead horse for all the older members I'm glad it was in the cath e posting section and easy to find. Thanks op for the post.

OWGEM

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 9, 2010
    Columbus, IN
    Yup, been posted before. However, that's 1 case. I read somewhere that over 1,200 times a day a CC draws a firearm for self defense. So 1 vs 1,200x a day of OC vs CC being targeted...

There is a difference between being targeted because you are carrying and drawing your gun because you were targeted. See this is why I rarely look at the OC vs CC thing.

protias

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Formerly Greensburg
    There is a difference between being targeted because you are carrying and drawing your gun because you were targeted. See this is why I rarely look at the OC vs CC thing.

If you are CCing, how does the criminal know if you are carrying or not? You are more likely going to be targeted if you are CCing than OC. Did you read the first post? ;)

danielson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Napoleon
    As I've stated before, you cant say a particular decision you've made was good or bad until your viewing your decisions in hindsight. OC and CC both have possible good and bad repercussions.

OC or CC? Well, life's a gamble...JFC

BCMPatriot

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2013
    Auburn
    I live on a dirt road down from a subdivision so we get traffic every once in a while. I typically OC when I walk the dogs. Never been confronted about it. That's the only instance I will open carry unless I'm in the truck and know I won't be going anywhere public.

SteveM4A1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 3, 2013
    Rockport
    I live on a dirt road down from a subdivision so we get traffic every once in a while. I typically OC when I walk the dogs. Never been confronted about it. That's the only instance I will open carry unless I'm in the truck and know I won't be going anywhere public.

What is your reasoning behind CCing everywhere else?

Bluejeeper

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2014
    Montgomery County
    I live on a dirt road down from a subdivision so we get traffic every once in a while. I typically OC when I walk the dogs. Never been confronted about it.
    That's the only instance I will open carry unless I'm in the truck and know I won't be going anywhere public.

Why? This IS an arguement thread, after all :thumb:

LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Top Bottom