The OFFICIAL Trump/HRC/2016 General Election Thread...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Nonsense. Of course they would have. He handed her the first debate, for example. Didn't touch on any relevant scandals she's currently in. He is the most looked-at person right now... and has plenty of opportunities to hammer her. He's just not doing it.

Also: Pence issues statement on Trump video, says, 'I do not condone his remarks and cannot defend them'

Trump hammered primary rivals much more fiercely than he has Hillary. Yet the Trumpers kept telling us he's waiting for the convention. Then he's waiting for the debates. He's a genoius. Just be patient. So what is he waiting for now? 2nd debate? 3rd? Election day? When? When is he going to make the case against Clinton? He certainly hasn't yet. He can't just leave it to Assange and right wing media to make the case. HE has to do it.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Also, let's look at this another way. It's one thing for a Senator to equivocate... but the VP candidate on the ticket?

How do you win the election if you've lost your VP this close to election day?

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    The fear is because even though the chances that he will win are slim, the consequences could be dire. It is like showing fear over playing Russian Roulette. Sure there is an 83% chance that nothing will happen but IF you draw that unlikely loaded cylinder the results will be devastating. To give an analogy more appropriate to this form, I remember what Michael Bane says when the anti-gunners claim that the odds of us actually having to use our guns in self defense are so low? It's not the odds, it's the stakes.

There are a lot of people, myself included, that believe a Trump presidency would be DEVASTATING to the United States of America. Now, if you disagree, that is fine, but that is how I, and MANY PEOPLE much more qualified than myself feel...

The problem with this argument is that you are essentially telling us that playing Russian roulette with one loaded chamber is more injurious to us than playing Russian roulette with all 6 loaded as would be the case with Hillary.

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    The MSM is referring to the Clinton speech transcripts as "alleged transcripts" and "Russian hacked".
    So nothing to see there no open borders or anything.
    So a swing and a miss !

So can we build a wall around Indiana?

mcjon77

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2013
    What? Nothing excuses the crap she's done. But people picked the wrong person to use it against her.

Yep. THAT is the problem. I was thinking about how John Kasich or Marco Rubio could have beaten her EASILY. Then I thought about it more and realized that Jeb Bush or Ted Cruz could have beaten her too. Thinking about it even more I realized that virtually EVERY SINGLE Republican primary candidate could have beaten Hillary, EXCEPT Trump. Even Ben Carson could have beaten her (possibly easily).

The only one that I thought MIGHT have problems would be Chris Christie because of the whole Bridgegate problem. Then again, he is such a good politician (MUCH better with the public than Hillary) even he could have pulled it off. It is absolutely ASTOUNDING. Heck, Trump could have beaten her if he could have just stopped being Trump after the primaries. But people are who they are.

Last edited:

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    129   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Time to hunker down, folks. Hurricane Matthew will be a fart in s windstorm compared to Hillary being elected.

I regret every damned gun, magazine, and round of ammo I've ever sold.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    The problem with this argument is that you are essentially telling us that playing Russian roulette with one loaded chamber is more injurious to us than playing Russian roulette with all 6 loaded as would be the case with Hillary.

I get the argument about Trump being dangerous to the Republic. How people think Hillary is less dangerous is just a testament to the impact of media complicity. I see them as both equally dangerous to a free society but in different ways. The diversity of danger is irrelevant.

mcjon77

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2013

No. What I am saying is that I FLAT OUT do not believe that Hillary Clinton would be as devastating to the country as Trump. The country likely won't get much better with her (in which case, there is always 2020) but she won't throw it off of a cliff. If you think that Hillary is likely to do as bad or worse to the country as what Trump MIGHT do, that is just where we disagree.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    No. What I am saying is that I FLAT OUT do not believe that Hillary Clinton would be as devastating to the country as Trump. The country likely won't get much better with her (in which case, there is always 2020) but she won't throw it off of a cliff. If you think that Hillary is likely to do as bad or worse to the country as what Trump MIGHT do, that is just where we disagree.

I think we're equally ****ed either way. It's only a choice between doggie style or missionary.

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    While I am no Trump supporter I would FAR rather have a sexist pig in office than the slimiest, most corrupt politician of the last 100 years!

NEVER Hillary!

Doug

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012

You honestly believe that a loose cannon is certainly MORE dangerous to us than someone who hates us and everything about us and has made it clear that she will do her utmost to eliminate our way of life?

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    You honestly believe that a loose cannon is certainly MORE dangerous to us than someone who hates us and everything about us and has made it clear that she will do her utmost to eliminate our way of life?

You give her far too much credit, she's just a politician who wants to be president, she doesn't actually give a **** about you or your way of life.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    You give her far too much credit, she's just a politician who wants to be president, she doesn't actually give a **** about you or your way of life.

She has spent decades working awfully hard for someone who doesn't give a damn.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom