The OFFICIAL Trump/HRC/2016 General Election Thread...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    [video=youtube;9a_ZjUgij9o]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9a_ZjUgij9o[/video]

Pence perhaps is thinking he can get enough denouncements of Trump to pressure him to drop and to put Pence at the top of the ticket.
    ... and I guess this falls under "October surprise" though no rational person should be surprised

Dream on, lol. All these people acting like they've never made a dirty remark in private just look hilariously hypocritical.

Not only that, they couldn't be less offended, they're just jockeying for a potential fallout and taking the safe route for job security.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    I have not read this thread. With that opener, I want to make a couple of comments about the whole Trump video from 2005 :runaway:

I don't want what he said applying to anyone important to me. Conversely, however, I have to say that as I heard it in the obviously edited audio, it sounded like he was describing things he either did or wanted to do, and did with the consent of the women in question. Read that last clause again, it's the central point here: "...and did with the consent of the women in question."

Is it rude? Of course. Is it moral? Not a chance. Does it speak to character? Possibly.

From the glass houses and stones category, how many of you have ever been to a strip bar and tucked a buck?
    No one's ever gotten a lapdance?

OK, so with that out of the way, what he did was consensual. If it wasn't, why has NOTHING been said until now? No charges filed? No accusations? No one smacked him in the face with a purse?

This is not victim blaming. This is denial of victimhood. When you give consent, unless it is under duress, you are no longer a victim.

Lastly, I'm not defending Trump. All I'm saying is that there's a metric crapton of bloody hypocrites out there who are trying to find something, ANYthing to demonize him. No surprise there. Not hypocrites? How many that are trying to demonize DJT said anything about Monica's boyfriend?

If you gotta reach that low to find something... that should be a clue to you that maybe you're looking in the wrong place for dirt.

Blessings,
    Bill

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Regardless of whether you are from the NeverTrumper/Hillary crowd or for Trump an interesting thing was just mentioned by a TV commentator.

This ought to be the end for early voting. Whether it's Hillary's "open borders" truth coming out or Trump's kitty talk drama, there are folks who would like those early votes back.

Getting rid of early voting is a plus in my mind!

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    a9d8abaa46aac03fa51d78217f6d6cb3.jpg

We told you, but you wouldn't listen.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    a9d8abaa46aac03fa51d78217f6d6cb3.jpg

We told you, but you wouldn't listen.

Hard for Bernie to win when hillary bought out and replaced leadership of the democratic party.

If Bernie had a spine he would have ran 3rd party. Instead he sat at the DNC crying in the stands then goes on to endorse clinton. Mere weeks afterwards, he buys a $600k beach home.

I think he proved that he values money over beliefs.

Sad too, I HAD a lot of respect for him.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Hard for Bernie to win when hillary bought out and replaced leadership of the democratic party.

If Bernie had a spine he would have ran 3rd party. Instead he sat at the DNC crying in the stands then goes on to endorse clinton. Mere weeks afterwards, he buys a $600k beach home.

I think he proved that he values money over beliefs.

Sad too, I HAD a lot of respect for him.

Oh puhleeze. Don't even try to equate a $600k home with Clinton or The Immoral Deplorable.

Lelliott8

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 25, 2016
    Crawfordsville
    There is no excuse for his words. Trump was 60 when he said this. I work at a steel mill and I have never heard anyone speak in such a disgusting manner, especially for a man in his 60's! No amount of "But... but, Hillary!" will sway enough people to prevent his catastrophic defeat next month. You were all warned that when he became the candidate, things exactly like this would happen. Please stop degrading yourselves by defending what he said here. There can be no doubt that he will abuse whatever power he is given and he is in no way capable of holding the highest office with any amount of skill or dignity.

Now the best argument one can make for voting Trump, is that he could die and be replaced by Pence.

Thanks for reading!

Lelliott8

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 25, 2016
    Crawfordsville
    From the glass houses and stones category, how many of you have ever been to a strip bar and tucked a buck?
    No one's ever gotten a lapdance?

Never been, so, no.

OK, so with that out of the way, what he did was consensual. If it wasn't, why has NOTHING been said until now? No charges filed? No accusations? No one smacked him in the face with a purse?

So you think every sexual assault gets reported? How much more so against a man who is believed to have millions of dollars and team of lawyers at his disposal? Do you believe Hillary Clinton should have been prosecuted? Why wasn't she? The justice system is obviously imperfect and tends to favor the rich and well-connected.

How many that are trying to demonize DJT said anything about Monica's boyfriend?

No one needs to try to demonize Trump, he does all the work for us. Also, the Clinton's are vile and Bill has been buddies with Trump for a long time. They have a lot in common.

I'm not defending Trump.

You are.

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    Lelliott is absolutely right. This isn't normal guy-talk and it's not just talk. I'm not one to call mere words "sexual harrassment". If a guy made suggestive comments to me at work, I just told him to shut up. When an old high school classmate was working at a retail store, and slapped my on the butt I told him that was inappropriate and he stopped. IOW, I didn't run to his boss. So I don't think I'm overly sensitive or making unreasonable accusations.

Trump was very likely describing his very real and very inappropriate behavior. Pushing women to the limit and aware he is getting away with it because of his star status IS just like Bill Clinton taking advantage of Monica Lewinsky. That was always the problem I had with the Monica situation: not that he was cheating but that he took advantage of a young intern while he was on the job for the country.

This may blow over, I don't know. I think he is unelectable but I thought that back in the primaries. I agree with Tomb's point that probably some of these other politicians are exercising faux outrage. But (politically speaking) it doesn't really matter. Some of them are smart enough to play their games under wraps.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    You didn't have a problem with Clinton cheating?
    I thought that THE main issue.
    Esp if he formed a covenant in his marriage.
    Plus this wasn't just a one time deal, there were others, and coverups/character assassination (and maybe some real blood letting as well).

Being a pig is one thing.
    Cheating on your wife IS worse than that.
    And killing people, letting people get killed, and lying under oath about it...........is even worse.

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Serious question here: IF Trump is convinced to drop out would Pence automatically be "promoted" to the republican candidate?

Pence has been elected/chosen by NO ONE save Trump! He is not a vice president to a president, ergo there is no "legal" line of succession.

Yet I am unfamiliar with the parties ability to chose a new candidate on this level if their chosen candidate is no longer able/willing to run for office.

With Hillary's negatives we would almost certainly be guaranteed a President Pence, in my opinion. However, I don't see that he would even be on the ticket unless there is some procedure to do so.

Your thoughts?

Doug

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Serious question here: IF Trump is convinced to drop out would Pence automatically be "promoted" to the republican candidate?

Pence has been elected/chosen by NO ONE save Trump! He is not a vice president to a president, ergo there is no "legal" line of succession.

Yet I am unfamiliar with the parties ability to chose a new candidate on this level if their chosen candidate is no longer able/willing to run for office.

With Hillary's negatives we would almost certainly be guaranteed a President Pence, in my opinion. However, I don't see that he would even be on the ticket unless there is some procedure to do so.

Your thoughts?

Doug

Nope. It's not a guarantee that Pence would be the candidate, should the gop decide to ditch Trump. The candidate that would replace him would be chosen by the RNC and, likely, their lawyers (who are currently looking into the matter, according to news reports). There's a pretty good chance Pence would not be the candidate of choice, given his record.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    I love all this my yard is mowed and picket fence painted stuff.
    "never heard such talk"
    Doesn't mean it wasn't going on, even in your area..........just means you didn't hear it (even possibly when said nearby).
    Worked with the prim and proper, who got bent on any slightly bad language or subject content.
    Yeah, yrs later we find out that there were kids out of wedlock, drugs and legal issues.
    The more people try to present a perfect little life, the more apt they are to have something quite the opposite behind closed doors.
    Thank goodness they can post such crap on social media.
    Love it when they and their spouse have joint pages............like that aint a clue LOL

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    You didn't have a problem with Clinton cheating?
    I thought that THE main issue.
    Esp if he formed a covenant in his marriage.
    Plus this wasn't just a one time deal, there were others, and coverups/character assassination (and maybe some real blood letting as well).

Being a pig is one thing.
    Cheating on your wife IS worse than that.
    And killing people, letting people get killed, and lying under oath about it...........is even worse.

Honestly, I have no problem with what Trump said. I say worse, daily.

The problem is this was all expected to happen. The Democrats wanted him to be the candidate because of how incredibly easy it would be to destroy him. And he's not doing anything back to them.

There wouldn't be stories like this with most of the other candidates. But now Trump is the candidate... he's about to lose hard... and ideally he doesn't drag down the rest of the GOP that backed him.

People here probably don't care much about what he said... but normal, non politically-involved people that are simply given a sound-clip of the guy are going to be turned off by it, and they're going to buy into the "GOP is sexist!" nonsense that the Democrats/Media push on them. It's just too easy for them with Trump.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom