The OFFICIAL Trump/HRC/2016 General Election Thread...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    It seemed like that was popular with some working class blacks as well.

And how does that policy resonate more with white voters than with non-white? The only people opposed to border security are illegal aliens and the progressives who support them to promote intentional subversion of the rule of law. Generally speaking, legal immigrants (even the "non-white" ones) support enforcement of immigration law.
    That policy was generally NOT popular among non-whites. It WAS popular among most whites. Law-revering people of all colors can still not like the strident "Build That Wall" rhetoric. But, it did resonate with one demographic more than others. Not to the exclusion of others, just more with one group than others.

The Venn diagram does have some non-whites supporting it, and some whites not supporting it.

But, for EC math purposes, those cancel out. He needed a majority of the 40% of that demographic to vote for him. It appears that worked.

Another policy/strategy was to not denounce the white supremecist faction. White people who are not racist don't really care about that.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    He needed voters who happen to be predominantly white......who's also are predominantly rural, who also see the majority of their tax dollars subsidizing urban votes.

Yes.

He was playing the numbers, and the pale-complexion demographics amounted to bigger numbers for EC purposes.

AmmoManAaron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 20, 2015
    I-get-around

Well, it would fit with hiring who they think is the best person for the job regardless of past run-ins. Cruz successfully argued a certain very important 2A case in front of the Supreme Court. I would trust him to know how to get the job done as AG. It's also worth noting that early in the primary season, Trump and Cruz shared stage time at events specifically aimed at the illegal immigration issue. Despite personal differences, a lot of their proclaimed ideology appears to overlap.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    It's no secret that to win the EC vote you have to tap in to the majority white vote in swing States. The Trump campaign did that. It's also a fact that the same vote that Trump carried in this election showed up and voted for Obama in his victories. I'm talking about the white collar white vote specifically.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I'm talking about the white collar white vote specifically.

I'll go further and say it was a big chunk of the blue collar white vote that switched from Obama to Trump.

Here's another thought (sorry foszoe) :) - perhaps he would've run as a democrat. If we accept that democrats control the large cities, and those are the people that would've been necessary to target, it would make sense strategically to run as a democrat.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    McConnell re-elected as Senate Majority Leader.

Democrats are delaying their leader elections to Nov 30

Edit: Chuck Schumer is Minority Leader

Last edited:

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    I'll go further and say it was a big chunk of the blue collar white vote that switched from Obama to Trump.

Here's another thought (sorry foszoe) :) - perhaps he would've run as a democrat. If we accept that democrats control the large cities, and those are the people that would've been necessary to target, it would make sense strategically to run as a democrat.

Actually that's an interesting thought exercise...

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    That policy was generally NOT popular among non-whites. It WAS popular among most whites. Law-revering people of all colors can still not like the strident "Build That Wall" rhetoric. But, it did resonate with one demographic more than others. Not to the exclusion of others, just more with one group than others.

The Venn diagram does have some non-whites supporting it, and some whites not supporting it.

But, for EC math purposes, those cancel out. He needed a majority of the 40% of that demographic to vote for him. It appears that worked.

Another policy/strategy was to not denounce the white supremecist faction. White people who are not racist don't really care about that.

I am not sure it is accurate to say that the border security policy "was generally NOT popular among non-whites". It was certainly unpopular with certain Hispanics in certain geographic locations.

And I disagree that it was Trump's policy/strategy "to not denounce the white supremacist faction", given that Trump did, in fact, denounce such factions.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Yes.

He was playing the numbers, and the pale-complexion demographics amounted to bigger numbers for EC purposes.

The last I checked, the "pale-complexion demographics" would amount to equally big numbers for popular-vote purposes - moreso, in fact.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demography_of_the_United_States#Race_and_ethnicity

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I am not sure it is accurate to say that the border security policy "was generally NOT popular among non-whites". It was certainly unpopular with certain Hispanics in certain geographic locations.

And I disagree that it was Trump's policy/strategy "to not denounce the white supremacist faction", given that Trump did, in fact, denounce such factions.

The rhetoric behind "border security," by Trump, generally was not popular, at least amongst the people of color I know. I can't speak for everybody, but the language used made many wonder, "after them, who is next?".

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    The rhetoric behind "border security," by Trump, generally was not popular, at least amongst the people of color I know. I can't speak for everybody, but the language used made many wonder, "after them, who is next?".

They fell victim to the media boogieman.
    If they legally entered this country then they are American citizens and are not at risk of deportation no matter what their race.
    "I" would fight for them if they were at risk.
    Time for them to grow up and accept the reality in front of them and not rely on someone else to tell them what to think.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    "Political Tweets" - A play in three acts

CxZXyVgXgAE5U6i.jpg:small

CxZXwgMXgAAhP58.jpg:small

And the conclusion...

CxZXzfzWIAE_hhf.jpg:small

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon

Those fears are absolutely unfounded. People who harbor such fears are either too intellectually lazy to think for themselves, or else are too stupid to understand the issue/impact of *illegal* immigration. I suspect that it is the former; too many people are too willing to believe whatever is spoon-fed them by the MSM.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Those fears are absolutely unfounded. People who harbor such fears are either too intellectually lazy to think for themselves, or else are too stupid to understand the issue/impact of *illegal* immigration. I suspect that it is the former; too many people are too willing to believe whatever is spoon-fed them by the MSM.

Given who Trump has surrounded himself with, I don't think it's unfounded at all. It most certainly carries weight when the people who believe such, have actually been victims of oppression before, and call hear the same things said in the language. I would ask, how could someone who's never been in their position, could dismiss their concerns as unfounded?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom