The OFFICIAL Trump/HRC/2016 General Election Thread...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Obama spoke today in Greece. Sure seemed to be attempting to distance himself from the HUGE dem loss last week. "It wasn't me, people love my work..." :rolleyes:

Rush somes it up much better than me:

[video=youtube;pXrrY3pa_zc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXrrY3pa_zc[/video]

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Keep it up Slate. **** some more people off. When people get pissed off enough they vote. Example: President elect Donald J. Trump.

Do they just not get it, or just not care, that this sort of name calling is what cost them the Presidency, the Senate, and the House? How desperate are they to double down on a losing strategy unless they honestly do not get it.

YES! Keep it up! Push the progressive message! Get control of the DNC!
    Alienate normal democrat Americans that don't follow your radical messages.
    Drive them into our waiting arms.
    We will welcome them home, you progressives will be further marginalized!
    It's a win win baby.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    Clinton Partisans? Latest Excuse for Defeat: Sanders and Millennials | Observer
    Clinton Partisans’ Latest Excuse for Defeat: Bernie Sanders and Millennials

It's all the millennials fault.

This pervasive trend of Clinton partisans scolding and demanding everyone fall in line behind the Democratic Party as though they were misbehaving school children has bred antipathy not just among Sanders supporters but also thousands of other independent voters and Democrats. The hubris among Clinton partisans is one of the many reasons their candidate suffered an embarrassing loss to Trump.

Rather than acknowledging Clinton’s flaws as a candidate, the Democratic establishment relentlessly manufactured consent for her candidacy. Clinton’s FBI investigation, Clinton Foundation scandals, Wall Street and corporate ties were all written off as right wing conspiracy theories. The WikiLeaks emails that proved criticisms against Clinton were still dismissed as fabricated and were cited as benign by the Clinton partisans, who fear-mongered their bases away from drawing their own conclusions.

At the April 2007 convention of New York State Union of Teachers, Clinton revealed what she really thinks of young people. “I believe it is time we get back to teaching discipline, self-control, patience, punctuality,” she said. “The biggest complaint that I hear from employers is that young people who show up for jobs don’t have those habits. They don’t get there on time. They don’t know how to conduct themselves appropriately.” In leaked audio from a fundraising gala, Clinton repeated these sentiments, implying millennials are predominantly disgruntled basement dwellers.
    They really have attempted to blame everyone except look at themselves and their conduct. Perhaps they need reminded of this;

ME_175_FingerPoint22.png

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011

So this occurred to me last night: Trump's statement that if the process required a popular vote win, then that's what he would've done, implies he did play to racial divisions on purpose.

White folk have a plurality. In the winner-take-all EC, all the stuff that they're saying about racial voting makes sense as a strategy.

Believe me. I hate conceding that any of it could be true. But. It could be.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    So this occurred to me last night: Trump's statement that if the process required a popular vote win, then that's what he would've done, implies he did play to racial divisions on purpose.

White folk have a plurality. In the winner-take-all EC, all the stuff that they're saying about racial voting makes sense as a strategy.

Believe me. I hate conceding that any of it could be true. But. It could be.

That's certainly one way of looking at it.

Alternately, one could point to Trump spending a lot of time in Michigan, Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, North Carolina, and Florida - realizing that these states held the key to an Electoral College victory.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    That's certainly one way of looking at it.

Alternately, one could point to Trump spending a lot of time in Michigan, Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, North Carolina, and Florida - realizing that these states held the key to an Electoral College victory.

That's not really alternately. :) He needed the white voters in those states.

I'm talking more about the policy/strategy stuff. He couldn't really decry the more extreme supporters because he needed them - even small blocs of them - to vote for him. The only policies that mattered were the ones that would resonate more with white voters than non-white.

Again, I HATE that it might've boiled down to something like this, but it makes sense. Do those means justify the end result?

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon

I'm talking more about the policy/strategy stuff. He couldn't really decry the more extreme supporters because he needed them - even small blocs of them - to vote for him. The only policies that mattered were the ones that would resonate more with white voters than non-white.

Again, I HATE that it might've boiled down to something like this, but it makes sense. Do those means justify the end result?

What policy/strategy, specifically, did Trump promote while campaigning in the states he focused on strategically, that "resonate[d] more with white voters than non-white"?

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Seriously?

"Build that wall" sound familiar? :D

And how does that policy resonate more with white voters than with non-white? The only people opposed to border security are illegal aliens and the progressives who support them to promote intentional subversion of the rule of law. Generally speaking, legal immigrants (even the "non-white" ones) support enforcement of immigration law.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011

He needed voters who happen to be predominantly white......who's also are predominantly rural, who also see the majority of their tax dollars subsidizing urban votes.

You shoud to quit thinking late at night!;)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom