The OFFICIAL Trump/HRC/2016 General Election Thread...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

AmmoManAaron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 20, 2015
    I-get-around
    They fell victim to the media boogieman.
    If they legally entered this country then they are American citizens and are not at risk of deportation no matter what their race.
    "I" would fight for them if they were at risk.
    Time for them to grow up and accept the reality in front of them and not rely on someone else to tell them what to think.

Quoted for Truth!

"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to printcraft again."

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Given who Trump has surrounded himself with, I don't think it's unfounded at all.

I assume you're talking about the left's (and the UniParty Elites') bogeyman-du-jour, Steve Bannon, who has speciously been accused of being an antisemite/white nationalist?

It most certainly carries weight when the people who believe such, have actually been victims of oppression before, and call hear the same things said in the language. I would ask, how could someone who's never been in their position, could dismiss their concerns as unfounded?

Because the chance that Trump would even propose the idea of deporting legal immigrants, much less citizens, of any skin color is zero. That fear is simply without basis.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    It's like one day, everyone woke up, and decided to take a "stupid" pill.

Well, I think that was a process. Just as the many on the coasts who seem incapable of understanding the world of so many people in the middle, it seems to work a little the other way too. It's hard for me to fully understand the world view of the whiners, race baiters, rioters, etc. But they didn't wake up and suddenly become stupid. They're more practiced at it than I imagined.

Seriously?

"Build that wall" sound familiar? :D

C'mon man. I think people are overestimating reality. I think Occam's Razor applies here as much as anywhere. I just have a hard time assuming Trump put all the pieces in place intentionally. I mean, this is a guy who can't figure out how to get his administration going, let lone devise a master plan to take over America. Some stuff just happens. Some of this was the luck of Trump circumstantially hitting a nerve and knowing at least enough how to capitalize once he realized it. I'd have to see some compelling evidence of a Trump master plan, especially given the news that he had that deal going with Chrisitie, and that he expected to be out of the race a year ago.

One thing I will give Trump credit for, is knowing he'd have to have waged a different campaign for a popular vote, but I'd have to make too many assumptions to arrive at the belief that this implies he'd have been any less "Trump". I think he still would have gone after the Interior American vote, and some strategic population centers. But the message would likely have been very similar. Anti-establishment, anti-illegal immigration, nationalist, and so on.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I assume you're talking about the left's (and the UniParty Elites') bogeyman-du-jour, Steve Bannon, who has speciously been accused of being an antisemite/white nationalist?

Because the chance that Trump would even propose the idea of deporting legal immigrants, much less citizens, of any skin color is zero. That fear is simply without basis.

I listed the others above. None of them have to be racists or anti-semites, the things that come out of their mouths or the potential policies they try to implement are what's concerning. But, I do think Bannon is probably a racist, or at the very least intentionally cater to them.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    The rhetoric behind "border security," by Trump, generally was not popular, at least amongst the people of color I know. I can't speak for everybody, but the language used made many wonder, "after them, who is next?".

I think that is largely an issue of projection. Trump's rhetoric did not mean the same to me as it did to you and the people of color you know. I never thought Trump was saying anything that Black people should fear. I hate to be in the position of having to defend Trump, but c'mon. To me, "border security" is part of what a nation of laws does. We have laws governing how people may immigrate to the US and become citizens.

Maybe those laws are inadequate to some people's liking. Work to change them then. And if you can't, realize that you're sharing the nation with people who might disagree with you and who, despite your echo-chamber mob of sympathizers, outnumber you.

Given who Trump has surrounded himself with, I don't think it's unfounded at all. It most certainly carries weight when the people who believe such, have actually been victims of oppression before, and call hear the same things said in the language. I would ask, how could someone who's never been in their position, could dismiss their concerns as unfounded?

Well, here's another example of projection. You're hearing dog whistles that no one is hearing. I can try to empathize with people who've been oppressed--I mean really oppressed, not the bull**** feigned "oppression" of today, but real oppression. And maybe I can understand why Trump's language bothers them because they do hear it differently from how everyone else hears it. But what we should try to focus on is what is real. So what is real? When I made the "average" comment, you said you didn't think Trump was all that racist. So is he, or isn't he?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I listed the others above. None of them have to be racists or anti-semites, the things that come out of their mouths or the potential policies they try to implement are what's concerning. But, I do think Bannon is probably a racist, or at the very least intentionally cater to them.

It is just as much the listener's responsibility to understand what a person is trying to say as the speaker. Communication is two-way. Try not projecting your world view and attempt to understand the world view of the speaker.

And, if you're going to call someone a racist, what definition are we using here? The neo-racist definition, which means anyone who disagrees with a leftist? Or the traditional meaning in which one disparages a person because of race. If the latter, I think there are far fewer racists than you imagine. If the former, well, there are at least 60 million of them in the US.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I totally agree that Trump is capable of retconning all sorts of stuff about his campaign, as well as taking credit for things beyond his control.

My basic agreement is with the notion that he recognized the election as a game and played the system and rules in place. If the system and rules had been different, he would've played the game differently. After that, it is just speculation as to how it would've played out.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    It is just as much the listener's responsibility to understand what a person is trying to say as the speaker. Communication is two-way. Try not projecting your world view and attempt to understand the world view of the speaker.

And, if you're going to call someone a racist, what definition are we using here? The neo-racist definition, which means anyone who disagrees with a leftist? Or the traditional meaning in which one disparages a person because of race. If the latter, I think there are far fewer racists than you imagine. If the former, well, there are at least 60 million of them in the US.

How about "Renegade Jew" "Stop and Frisk," and "be careful what you say to white folks? " Call me crazy, but I don't people in positions of power who have said or implemented such things.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    File this in the vastly growing file of folks that don't/won't actually get that they lost the election to this sort of rhetoric...

[video=youtube;vL9kFmVuBow]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vL9kFmVuBow[/video]

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    How about "Renegade Jew" "Stop and Frisk," and "be careful what you say to white folks? " Call me crazy, but I don't people in positions of power who have said or implemented such things.

Pop quiz: who penned the phrase, "Renegade Jew"?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

"Stop and Frisk" is not a racial phrase. It's a policy that may disproportionately target Blacks, but circumstantially so. Don't regard that as endorsing that policy. I don't support it.

The other two, can you give me some context? There are some contexts in which either statement can be intended as racist or not racist.

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    I googled "Renegade Jew". Turns out a Jewish guy coined the phrase.
    Horowitz: Anti-Bannon Hysteria More Evidence the Left Has Lost Touch with the American People - Breitbart

Stop and frisk? I don't agree with it, but think it would have been affective in Chicago. I think it had to do more with crime rate than race.

I don't know about Sessions.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Simple question. What is the Alt-Right, where did the term originate, and do you consider yourself a believer in that ideology?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom