The OFFICIAL Trump/HRC/2016 General Election Thread...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Simple question. What is the Alt-Right, where did the term originate, and do you consider yourself a believer in that ideology?

I consider that a good question and fired up Google to look for a definitive definition of alt-right only to find very recent MSM articles saying that there is no definition. Same on Wikipedia. Continuing my search.....

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I consider that a good question and fired up Google to look for a definitive definition of alt-right only to find very recent MSM articles saying that there is no definition. Same on Wikipedia. Continuing my search.....

I got ya bro, but first, I'll start with this comment, made by Bannon: "We're the platform, for the alt-right."
    Now, I'll let Breitbart explain what they think it is.
    An Establishment Conservative's Guide To The Alt-Right - Breitbart

And there should be no concern?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I don't know what alt-right is other than a dirty word.

Well, I gave you a comment from Bannon, and then posted an article from his site, that illustrates what it is (at least to him). I'd interested to see how many people have a positive opinion of the ideology based on how it's presented by Breitbart.

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    I can't find that quote in context. Surely there's more.

Quick synopsis, who in the mainstream identifies as alt-right?

Breitbart is the result of the media not doing their job.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Breitbart is the result of the media not doing their job.

Buh? How is awful sensationalist journalism and clickbait the result of others not doing well? Breitbart (the site), after Andrew died, chose it's own path of mediocrity.

There are branches of it that can report on things that no one else will... but Breitbart Proper, and the people that run it, are just awful.

Putting a website like Breitbart up on a pedestal is definitely not an angle to be taking here.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    It was born with Andrew. The MSM created it's market with a void it left.

I know it sounds super-clever and deep... but... what?

You don't combat trash leftist journalism with trash barely-right journalism. I don't think Breitbart's current status has anything to do with other outlets.

Breitbart does Breitbart. It works for them. They get the clicks.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Does it make a difference if Breitbart ran the story?

Yes, in fact, it does. One Jew referred to another Jew as a "renegade Jew", ostensibly for beliefs or actions that the author considered counter to Jewish ideals, support, etc. (I don't know exactly, since I've not read the article beneath the oft-breathlessly-quoted headline).

I'll go even further: what is *inherently antisemitic* about calling someone a "renegade Jew"? Just as a refresher:

ren·e·gade
    ˈrenəˌɡād/
    noun

a person who deserts and betrays an organization, country, or set of principles.

So, again: how is it *inherently antisemitic* to refer to a Jew who deserts and/or betrays Jewish culture, principles, etc. as a "renegade"?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Yes, in fact, it does. One Jew referred to another Jew as a "renegade Jew", ostensibly for beliefs or actions that the author considered counter to Jewish ideals, support, etc. (I don't know exactly, since I've not read the article beneath the oft-breathlessly-quoted headline).

I'll go even further: what is *inherently antisemitic* about calling someone a "renegade Jew"? Just as a refresher:

ren·e·gade
    ˈrenəˌɡād/
    noun

a person who deserts and betrays an organization, country, or set of principles.

So, again: how is it *inherently antisemitic* to refer to a Jew who deserts and/or betrays Jewish culture, principles, etc. as a "renegade"?

Fair enough. There's no need to get lost in the woods over one story. I asked about Bannon, and the alt-right; listed a quote and an illustration of what it is from the site he runs. Do you still hold that there's absolutely nothing concerning in it's self description?

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Fair enough. There's no need to get lost in the woods over one story. I asked about Bannon, and the alt-right; listed a quote and an illustration of what it is from the site he runs. Do you still hold that there's absolutely nothing concerning in it's self description?

I skimmed the article (written by Milo Y.) that you linked. Perhaps I need to give it a more thorough reading, but based on what I skimmed, I don't see anything concerning (with respect to the various forms of bigotry of which they are accused) about the self-description of the "alt-right". In fact, said self-description eschews such accusations of bigotry.

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    That article is sooooo long winded. All's I got is Bannon is a click bait artist that played to a not so clearly defined (but edgy) group on the coat heels of Andrew Breitbart. How am I doing?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom