The OFFICIAL Trump/HRC/2016 General Election Thread...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Pence is taking over the transition role from Christie.

Christie is now firmly lodged under the bus.

Good. a Christie appointment would have resulted in my first criticism of President elect Trump.

I don't favor Gingrich either but especially Christie

87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    Pence is taking over the transition role from Christie.

Christie is now firmly lodged under the bus.

WSJ posted this...I was skimming this post to see if it was included.

MOD REQUEST: Can we KILL this thread and start the official 'Trump Transition plan/Cabinet thread' or something. This thing is out of hand for its length. It has served its purpose.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Say anything. Elections have consequences but campaign promises, not so much.

But I don't think anyone really believed he would build a physical wall.

Or that another country would pay for it.

I'm sure he will wait for his second term in office to start building it, that way he can say "I just need four more years" and still not build it once relected.

A bit like Obama and closing Quantanamo bay.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Say anything. Elections have consequences but campaign promises, not so much.

But I don't think anyone really believed he would build a physical wall.

I wouldn't be shocked or surprised if he did. But he seems like too pragmatic of a person to do that and not just say it was symbolism, to me anyway.

A few solar drones with thermal, some seismic ground sensors, and a few guard stations would do the same thing as a wall and much much more.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Good. a Christie appointment would have resulted in my first criticism of President elect Trump.

I don't favor Gingrich either but especially Christie

I think Gingrich is a fantastic thinker, and would be well-placed in a think-tank role. Maybe that's a cabinet position, or maybe not. But I do think that there is a valuable role for him, somewhere.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    MOD REQUEST: Can we KILL this thread and start the official 'Trump Transition plan/Cabinet thread' or something. This thing is out of hand for its length. It has served its purpose.

Not so fast! The Electoral College could all vote against him! Might not be over yet!

(Though it's never happened in the history of the country... who knows what'll happen before December.)

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Iran Deal? Probably sticking around.

Embassy move? Probably not happening.

Adviser says Trump won't rip up Iran deal, signals he may not move embassy | The Times of Israel

"Draining the swamp?" Nah, the transition team is comprised of swamp things.

No Surprise: Trump's Transition Team is Filled With Swamp Things | RedState

Speaking of the swamp: be careful hanging around RedState too much. You might contract malaria. With the prominence (and actions) of the likes of Neil Stevens and Susan Wright, RS has all but completed it's LittleGreenFootballs-esque transition.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I wouldn't be shocked or surprised if he did. But he seems like too pragmatic of a person to do that and not just say it was symbolism, to me anyway.

A few solar drones with thermal, some seismic ground sensors, and a few guard stations would do the same thing as a wall and much much more.

That still wouldn't solve the problem of drugs and illegal immigrants getting in the country like Trump claims, even if he built a solid wall from coast to coast (and Mexicains didn't know bout ladders, ropes and tunnels).

Even with the most heavily protected border in the world (with cameras, mine fields and tens of thousand of soldiers), between North and South Korea, people still manage to cross it.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    That still wouldn't solve the problem of drugs and illegal immigrants getting in the country like Trump claims, even if he built a solid wall from coast to coast (and Mexicains didn't know bout ladders, ropes and tunnels).

Yeah...We learned that one at the Alamo......

0458bb179050b2297e8d5378f27d5fe9.jpg

"Reckon that wall'll hold 'em Davy???"

"Nah...Dang it!!!! Santy Anny's men done brought ladders....":)

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I've never been one to interpret what I think Trump means. That's usually the job of his admirers.

If I were making assumptions based on context, it sounded a lot like getting rid of the DC insiders.

It wasn't originally a Trump thing. Supporters started chanting it at Trump rallies, and he just picked it up. It's an old phrase. It just means cleaning up corruption. So in a Trump context it would first imply there's corruption in the system, and he's going to clean it up.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Also... not even waiting a week to start giving up the con

Trump adviser Newt Gingrich: "He may not spend very much time trying to get Mexico to pay for it. But it was a great campaign device."

Re: The Wall.

Trump Shows Every Sign of Carrying Out Sweeping Immigration Crackdown - Bloomberg Politics

I thought you were more neutral. Posting links as a public service to keep us informed. etc but I am starting to think I should ask, what is your purpose when posting links?

What do you think Trump meant when he said he would build a wall?

Maybe he said something along the way but I think a wall of sensors, seismic etc., drone flights to investigate suspicious activity, fast response teams strategically located is a wall to and probably much more effective than one modelled off the great Wall of China. Maybe there will be a physical wall too but in the modern era it would be more for show deterring only those who think about it

Last edited:

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    It wasn't originally a Trump thing. Supporters started chanting it at Trump rallies, and he just picked it up. It's an old phrase. It just means cleaning up corruption. So in a Trump context it would first imply there's corruption in the system, and he's going to clean it up.

Sewers are necessary....backed up sewage is not. I think a good government analogy can easily be built upon the idea. Government is a necessary but horrible smelling entity that requires attention from us to run smoothly. Whence I notice a smell in my back yard I drain the tank but I certainly don't get rid of it.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    I think Gingrich is a fantastic thinker, and would be well-placed in a think-tank role. Maybe that's a cabinet position, or maybe not. But I do think that there is a valuable role for him, somewhere.

I agree with you. I just don't want him high profile, say cabinet, but he does have a role to play.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I thought you were more neutral. Posting links as a public service to keep us informed. etc but I am starting to think I should ask, what is your purpose when posting links?

Information for you to do with what you will. To show when politicians lie, do bad, as well as when they do good.

What do you think Trump meant when he said he would build a wall?

Seeing how often he referred to it's height and beauty, I know he was implying a physical wall for his admirers to dream of. Nothing to do with what I think.

However... his followers are free to re-interpret his intentions to make him look better all they want, like here:

Maybe he said something along the way but I think a wall of sensors, seismic etc., drone flights to investigate suspicious activity, fast response teams strategically located is a wall to and probably much more effective than one modelled off the great Wall of China. Maybe there will be a physical wall too but in the modern era it would be more for show deterring only those who think about it

He didn't. You re-interpreted it, like they do with nearly all the ridiculous stuff he says. It's just another method of defense, it's going to happen, but if you're going to try calling me out for something... I'm fine with pointing this stuff out too.

So, counter question: If you could ask his millions of followers what they thought he meant... do you think they'd say physical? (Spoiler: Yes, and you damn well know it.)

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011

I usually found you a little over the top but I agree with you here;)

I find it borderline ludicrous that media and people can criticize today what 4 days ago they claimed to know so little about the couldn't determine the cost or feasibility of.

There job is to ask questions to define what is the wall what does drain the swamp mean ? Only then can a conclusion be reached that Trump is or is not doing what he said he will do.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom