The OFFICIAL Trump/HRC/2016 General Election Thread...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Good. a Christie appointment would have resulted in my first criticism of President elect Trump.

I don't favor Gingrich either but especially Christie

Same here. I think both are too authoritarian for my liking. Especially the fat ass pussbag. .

That said, Gingrich serves as an excellent example of what taking responsibility for one's actions looks like. When he was caught screwing around, he took responsibility for it and resigned. Taking responsibility for one's actions means accepting the consequences. Hillary saying she takes responsibility for her role in Benghazi, and using a private server to hide emails from FOIA, means she thinks she deserved to be promoted from Secretary of State to President.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Information for you to do with what you will. To show when politicians lie, do bad, as well as when they do good.

Seeing how often he referred to it's height and beauty, I know he was implying a physical wall for his admirers to dream of. Nothing to do with what I think.

However... his followers are free to re-interpret his intentions to make him look better all they want, like here:

He didn't. You re-interpreted it, like they do with nearly all the ridiculous stuff he says. It's just another method of defense, it's going to happen, but if you're going to try calling me out for something... I'm fine with pointing this stuff out too.

Interesting to note: we have already wasted $360MM on a failed border drone program. $360MM can build a LOT of wall. There's plenty of money already appropriated to border security to begin work on an honest-to-goodness, physical wall. (Getting Mexico to pay for it was likely campaign rhetoric, though there are ways to recoup at least some of the cost, at Mexico's expense.)

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Information for you to do with what you will. To show when politicians lie, do bad, as well as when they do good.

Seeing how often he referred to it's height and beauty, I know he was implying a physical wall for his admirers to dream of. Nothing to do with what I think.

However... his followers are free to re-interpret his intentions to make him look better all they want, like here:

He didn't. You re-interpreted it, like they do with nearly all the ridiculous stuff he says. It's just another method of defense, it's going to happen, but if you're going to try calling me out for something... I'm fine with pointing this stuff out too.

So, counter question: If you could ask his millions of followers what they thought he meant... do you think they'd say physical? (Spoiler: Yes, and you damn well know it.)

I object to the term follower and it's cult like implications.

That seems to be the latest rage. A questioning attitude is misinterpreted as a apologist. There is a difference.

I would ask them if a wall means a method of stopping however accomplished and lay out alternatives or if it must be built so many cubits high, wide, and deep?

You are assuming the answer without asking or before asking the question and framing the question to get a desired answer.

Is that called bias?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Sewers are necessary....backed up sewage is not. I think a good government analogy can easily be built upon the idea. Government is a necessary but horrible smelling entity that requires attention from us to run smoothly. Whence I notice a smell in my back yard I drain the tank but I certainly don't get rid of it.

The analogy with drain the swamp, when you do that the dangerous things in the swamp, predators and parasites, are exposed.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis

I don't care. When I see people referring to him as a God, or replacing "God" in phrases with "Trump"... I'm going to use cult-like implications until they stop.

That seems to be the latest rage. A questioning attitude is misinterpreted as a apologist. There is a difference.

You're asking questions with obvious answers. And you're re-interpreting his meaning to fit what you want or think it should have meant.

I'd be fine with a virtual wall for border security. Great, let's see it get done, because that's probably what he'll end up doing. But I know his crowds were envisioning a giant golden wall with pearly adornments lining the entire southern border... and I'm here to point out parts of the con that drop.

He did a lot of overselling during the campaign, it's what I've been talking about for months. I'm not just going to stop because he's President-Elect.

I'm glad he won. I'm still going to criticize him.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon

I like GP (and I hope and assume that he knows that), but where Trump is involved, he has demonstrated that he has no objectivity. According to GP, we shouldn't even be having this conversation, because the polls all proved that he couldn't win, and more importantly, Trump never actually intended to win in the first place.

I have concerns about Trump, and will certainly do my best to assess him objectively as he carries out his term as president. In that regard, GP will provide a valuable service, as he will be a reliable source for information and opinion critical to Trump. I appreciate my friends who help ensure that I don't live in an echo chamber, so, GP: please don't take any of this critically.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I don't care. When I see people referring to him as a God, or replacing "God" in phrases with "Trump"... I'm going to use cult-like implications until they stop.

You're asking questions with obvious answers. And you're re-interpreting his meaning to fit what you want or think it should have meant.

I'd be fine with a virtual wall for border security. Great, let's see it get done, because that's probably what he'll end up doing. But I know his crowds were envisioning a giant golden wall with pearly adornments lining the entire southern border... and I'm here to point out parts of the con that drop.

He did a lot of overselling during the campaign, it's what I've been talking about for months. I'm not just going to stop because he's President-Elect.

Did any INGO Trumper ever actually admit to believing he would actually make Mexico pay for it?

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011

I edited that post to answer your question.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    he has demonstrated that he has no objectivity.

I disagree. Not to play the "compared to dozens of other people here on the other end of the spectrum" card... there are some real Trump lunatics around this forum.

You might laugh if I call myself neutral. Maybe my neutral is so far off from those lunatics that it looks negative. He's yet to do good, but now that he's going to be President... I'll definitely have opportunities to highlight the good that he does. I'm cautiously optimistic. But when all critical and negative posts about him are met with months of harassment and jabbing and deflecting and ignoring and re-interpreting and ... not being objective... then what I post definitely looks like I have no objectivity.

According to GP, we shouldn't even be having this conversation, because the polls all proved that he couldn't win, and more importantly, Trump never actually intended to win in the first place.

Already stated I was wrong. You left the threads long ago, and might have missed these things.

I probably don't respond with the grace of a T.Lex or Jamil... but that's mostly due to the exhaustion of trying that for a long time and getting nowhere.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    I can't stop laughing at all of the progressive butthurt flowing forth from a President Trump.

He made America laugh again. :D

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    I disagree. Not to play the "compared to dozens of other people here on the other end of the spectrum" card... there are some real Trump lunatics around this forum.

You might laugh if I call myself neutral. Maybe my neutral is so far off from those lunatics that it looks negative. He's yet to do good, but now that he's going to be President... I'll definitely have opportunities to highlight the good that he does. I'm cautiously optimistic. But when all critical and negative posts about him are met with months of harassment and jabbing and deflecting and ignoring and re-interpreting and ... not being objective... then what I post definitely looks like I have no objectivity.

I won't claim that there was similar (or even greater) lack of objectivity from the opposite perspective, by some. This is INGO, after all.

Already stated I was wrong. You left the threads long ago, and might have missed these things.

Yeah, I intentionally avoided most of political INGO, almost since the end of the primaries.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Give them a reality TV show to give them a chance to redeem themselves...

May the odds be in your favor

The-Hunger-Games-Wallpaper-the-hunger-games-28393405-1600-900.jpg.cf.jpg

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011

Your audience here is INGO members, are they several of us doing such a thing?

I think you confuse goals with methods.

The stated goal is to stop the flow of illegal immigrants. I think you, I, and Trump supporters can all agree to that. A wall is an effective metaphor for accomplishing the goal, BUT, I think that if presented with 10 Methods of accomplishing the goal myself nor Trump supporters are smart enough to examine several plans of action and determine the best METHOD to reach the stated GOAL. That's how business is done.

I see you as hung up on if a specific METHOD isn't used then it was a con for that is what you stated whereas I think myself and others are able to say accomplishing the goal itself is the focus.

We are not reinterpreting his meaning.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom