The OFFICIAL Trump/HRC/2016 General Election Thread...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    14947519_10210842557001675_1475125062231527910_n.jpg

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Soooo... Trump's announcement of his SCOTUS possibilities has been removed from the campaign website

Don't know if this has been replied to or not yet, I skipped 20 or so pages. But it is on his website the link is under policiys Constitution and 2nd A, from my understanding the page was redone so it might have been missing for a short time. Here is the direct link to the list.
    https://www.donaldjtrump.com/press-...list-of-potential-supreme-court-justice-picks

GrubHub CEO suggested to his Trump-supporting employees that they should resign.
    He's likely going to have some legal problems due to this.

Probably not he never said he would terminate them. He pointed out his and the companies opposition to several things Trump has said/done and his interpretation of Trump's policies. Made a few comments and said if you disagree with it you probably wouldn't be comfortable with the company and please resign. Here is a link to an article about it which contains the full email.
    Boss says employees who agree with Trump's rhetoric should resign | Fox News
    He did state that several of the things that Trump has said/done he would have been fired for immediately if he was an employee.

Pence is taking over the transition role from Christie.

Christie is now firmly lodged under the bus.

Pence is taking over the Chair, Christie will be one of the vice Chairs. Not quite being thrown under the bus imo.

And a question. Why does it seem that when you post completely factual things, it seems like you always include a link. Such as in the kkk post above. But when it is maybe half truths there is none such as Pence taking over Chair there is none?

Seeing how often he referred to it's height and beauty, I know he was implying a physical wall for his admirers to dream of. Nothing to do with what I think.

He didn't. You re-interpreted it, like they do with nearly all the ridiculous stuff he says. It's just another method of defense, it's going to happen, but if you're going to try calling me out for something... I'm fine with pointing this stuff out too.

So, counter question: If you could ask his millions of followers what they thought he meant... do you think they'd say physical? (Spoiler: Yes, and you damn well know it.)

That quote from Gingrich never stated he wouldn't build a wall, just that he wouldn't spend much time trying to get Mexico to pay for it. Here is another quote from one of his advisors.
    Former New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani, who is advising Trump, said Thursday on CNN that “the wall is going to to take a while,” but suggested Trump could “do it by executive order by just re-programming money within the immigration service.”
    And the full quote by Gingrich.
    “He’ll spend a lot of time controlling the border. He may not spend very much time trying to get Mexico to pay for it. But it was a great campaign device,”

Interesting to note: we have already wasted $360MM on a failed border drone program. $360MM can build a LOT of wall. There's plenty of money already appropriated to border security to begin work on an honest-to-goodness, physical wall. (Getting Mexico to pay for it was likely campaign rhetoric, though there are ways to recoup at least some of the cost, at Mexico's expense.)

From what I understand, somewhere around $25M, and see the quote above. And yes I agree and that is pretty much was Gingrich said.

I like GP (and I hope and assume that he knows that), but where Trump is involved, he has demonstrated that he has no objectivity. According to GP, we shouldn't even be having this conversation, because the polls all proved that he couldn't win, and more importantly, Trump never actually intended to win in the first place.

I have concerns about Trump, and will certainly do my best to assess him objectively as he carries out his term as president. In that regard, GP will provide a valuable service, as he will be a reliable source for information and opinion critical to Trump. I appreciate my friends who help ensure that I don't live in an echo chamber, so, GP: please don't take any of this critically.

I agree with you on GP, I like him, but I don't think he can be objective about this. See my question to him above.

I disagree. Not to play the "compared to dozens of other people here on the other end of the spectrum" card... there are some real Trump lunatics around this forum.

You might laugh if I call myself neutral. Maybe my neutral is so far off from those lunatics that it looks negative. He's yet to do good, but now that he's going to be President... I'll definitely have opportunities to highlight the good that he does. I'm cautiously optimistic. But when all critical and negative posts about him are met with months of harassment and jabbing and deflecting and ignoring and re-interpreting and ... not being objective... then what I post definitely looks like I have no objectivity.

I'm far from a Trump lunatic, in the primaries he was near the bottom of my choices. Christie and maybe Jeb being below. And I don't think you can be objective on this.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    And a question. Why does it seem that when you post completely factual things, it seems like you always include a link. Such as in the kkk post above. But when it is maybe half truths there is none such as Pence taking over Chair there is none?

My news feed comes with things that don't always have articles written about them yet... Spare me the "half-truth" nonsense. Pence took over for Christie. Full stop. Sometimes I go back and add links to things that I think are important enough, and other times I don't. People have been talking about Christie's lessened role in the Trump "cabinet", as it were. Likely due to the "bridgegate" situation going on. Christie has been very quiet, and I'm not the only person to notice that.

And I don't think you can be objective on this.

Care to explain? How does posting links of what's going on with the election mean I'm not objective? My opinions on **** are my own opinions, like everyone else provides with their posts. That's how forums work. The articles I post are just information for you to read and comment on. Again, I'm all for posting the good, neutral, and bad. You'll see that now that he's stepping into a position of power and able to do things.

It's like anything less than blind devotion isn't good enough here.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Interesting to note: we have already wasted $360MM on a failed border drone program. $360MM can build a LOT of wall. There's plenty of money already appropriated to border security to begin work on an honest-to-goodness, physical wall. (Getting Mexico to pay for it was likely campaign rhetoric, though there are ways to recoup at least some of the cost, at Mexico's expense.)

IDK, I'd like to see what concessions could be gotten from Mexico if the US moved to interdict and discourage remittances to the fullest extent legally possible

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/latino/mexico-got-more-money-remittances-oil-revenues-2015-n510346

"Mexico's central bank reported Mexicans overseas sent nearly $24.8 billion home in 2015, overtaking oil revenues for the first time as a source of foreign income."

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I don't care. When I see people referring to him as a God, or replacing "God" in phrases with "Trump"... I'm going to use cult-like implications until they stop.

Perhaps holding your breath 'until they stop' would be more effective

You're asking questions with obvious answers. And you're re-interpreting his meaning to fit what you want or think it should have meant.

I'd be fine with a virtual wall for border security. Great, let's see it get done, because that's probably what he'll end up doing. But I know his crowds were envisioning a giant golden wall with pearly adornments lining the entire southern border... and I'm here to point out parts of the con that drop.

He did a lot of overselling during the campaign, it's what I've been talking about for months. I'm not just going to stop because he's President-Elect.

I'm glad he won. I'm still going to criticize him.

"I have nothing to ask but that you would remove to the other side, that you may not, by intercepting the sunshine, take from me what you cannot give" - Diogenes

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I disagree. Not to play the "compared to dozens of other people here on the other end of the spectrum" card... there are some real Trump lunatics around this forum.

You might laugh if I call myself neutral. Maybe my neutral is so far off from those lunatics that it looks negative. He's yet to do good, but now that he's going to be President... I'll definitely have opportunities to highlight the good that he does. I'm cautiously optimistic. But when all critical and negative posts about him are met with months of harassment and jabbing and deflecting and ignoring and re-interpreting and ... not being objective... then what I post definitely looks like I have no objectivity.

Already stated I was wrong. You left the threads long ago, and might have missed these things.

I probably don't respond with the grace of a T.Lex or Jamil... but that's mostly due to the exhaustion of trying that for a long time and getting nowhere.

Yesssss. The response to the offer to remove people from the royal ignore list if they would just text you an admission of their error, that must have been especially taxing

You have my deepest sympathy

PaulF

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Yesssss. The response to the offer to remove people from the royal ignore list if they would just text you an admission of their error, that must have been especially taxing

You have my deepest sympathy

Being a sore winner is quite unbecoming, especially when you have no idea what you actually "won".

Very few people actually picked Trump to be president...fewer than either of the previous two Republican candidates. If he hadn't been running against a criminal, or had the left had a candidate that inspired voters the way Obama (or even Trump himself) had, Trump might well have lost.

If he had, do you really think GP would be treating you the way you are treating him? I don't think so.

It isn't GP's place to be objective, he is allowed his bias...just like both of us, Bug.

Give it a rest, man...maybe point that attitude at someone who deserves it.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    My news feed comes with things that don't always have articles written about them yet... Spare me the "half-truth" nonsense. Pence took over for Christie. Full stop. Sometimes I go back and add links to things that I think are important enough, and other times I don't. People have been talking about Christie's lessened role in the Trump "cabinet", as it were. Likely due to the "bridgegate" situation going on. Christie has been very quiet, and I'm not the only person to notice that.

Care to explain? How does posting links of what's going on with the election mean I'm not objective? My opinions on **** are my own opinions, like everyone else provides with their posts. That's how forums work. The articles I post are just information for you to read and comment on. Again, I'm all for posting the good, neutral, and bad. You'll see that now that he's stepping into a position of power and able to do things.

It's like anything less than blind devotion isn't good enough here.

Just out of curiosity, is it possible for an INGOer to post his ignore list? Mine is still the empty set, but I'm curious about some people. Is not the willingness to engage the other viewpoints the difference between discussion and lecturing? Is pushback always '...[FONT=Verdana, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif][/FONT]harassment and jabbing and deflecting and ignoring ..." [lolz]

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    Likely due to the "bridgegate" situation going on. Christie has been very quiet, and I'm not the only person to notice that.
    He did an interview with one of those talking heads on election day. It was a thorough colonoscopy that came out clean. Likely the reason why you haven't heard anything.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Don't know if this has been replied to or not yet, I skipped 20 or so pages. But it is on his website the link is under policiys Constitution and 2nd A, from my understanding the page was redone so it might have been missing for a short time. Here is the direct link to the list.
    https://www.donaldjtrump.com/press-...list-of-potential-supreme-court-justice-picks

Probably not he never said he would terminate them. He pointed out his and the companies opposition to several things Trump has said/done and his interpretation of Trump's policies. Made a few comments and said if you disagree with it you probably wouldn't be comfortable with the company and please resign. Here is a link to an article about it which contains the full email.
    Boss says employees who agree with Trump's rhetoric should resign | Fox News
    He did state that several of the things that Trump has said/done he would have been fired for immediately if he was an employee.

Pence is taking over the Chair, Christie will be one of the vice Chairs. Not quite being thrown under the bus imo.

That quote from Gingrich never stated he wouldn't build a wall, just that he wouldn't spend much time trying to get Mexico to pay for it. Here is another quote from one of his advisors.

And the full quote by Gingrich.

From what I understand, somewhere around $25M, and see the quote above. And yes I agree and that is pretty much was Gingrich said.

I agree with you on GP, I like him, but I don't think he can be objective about this. See my question to him above.

I'm far from a Trump lunatic, in the primaries he was near the bottom of my choices. Christie and maybe Jeb being below. And I don't think you can be objective on this.

Has said several of the things Trump has done would have gotten him fired as an employee.....
    So?
    Bosses can do things employees can't.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I deserve it. Bring it, Bug. :):

:laugh: Maybe during part II or chapter II (I forget exactly what we will be calling it)

Paul is right to nudge me on being critical of the person rather than the viewpoint

I can only hope that selecting a viewpoint and its presentation seemingly solely in order to be annoying will come to be worthy of opprobrium

If I wanted to read WaPo or the NYT I would just subscribe

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom