The OFFICIAL Trump/HRC/2016 General Election Thread...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

AmmoManAaron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 20, 2015
    I-get-around
    Hey look at the timing on this one

Jamie Dimon, by the way, is a billionaire New York Democrat and former Goldman Sachs exec.

Donald Trump advisors consider JPMorgan's Jamie Dimon for treasury secretary: Sources

Fortunately, Dimon has stated he's not interested.

Dimon would be a bunch of suck and fail. In you article though, it says Steven Mnuchin is the front runner - which I don't think is unreasonable. Some influence from Ron Paul would be welcome to help balance things out though.

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    I can't answer for anyone else. My dislike of HRC is at least one order of magnitude worse than my dislike of Trump.

I was prepared to treat her.... the same.

This isn't high school. Like/dislike of someone doesn't mean we can't independently evaluate their actions.
    I agree. Just seeing if it was equal across the board.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    14947568_1210269139012580_3771659126421417319_n.jpg

AmmoManAaron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 20, 2015
    I-get-around
    Just heard that Obama canceled the photo-op with President-elect Trump and the future First Lady. Wonder what that was about...:abused:

Maybe Trump told him "If you like your EOs, you can keep your EOs."

Or:
    Obama - "Here's the list of **** I need you to leave in place, here's the stuff I need you to cover for me on, and here's the stuff I wanted to put in place but didn't get time. You'll be a good sport and keep this going, right?"

Trump - "You're fired!"

Edited to add:
    Their meeting went much longer than anticipated. I hope this means Trump stood his ground and told Obama he was going to crush his America-killing legacy.

Trump - "Does my wife's ass make your wife's ass look big?"

Last edited:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Obama isn't the media, and given that president's comments were made in a private meeting, I'm not sure how one can make that connection to Expat's assertion, that it was a call to the public who voted against Obama to "shut up."

He made it pretty clear what he thought of the portion of the public that disagreed with him. He marginalized us. Called us names. Etcetera.

I expect Democrats to try to work against Republicans. They'll be obstructionists just like Republicans were obstructionists. When important legislation came up, I wrote my congress critters demanding that they oppose it and not compromise. I have no reason not to expect that from left leaning Democrats. That's not obstructionism, that's looking out for your constituents wishes. That's how a functioning democratic republic works.

We all have our viewpoints. I get to advocate and oppose stuff. So do you. But when Obama first started, he did indeed have the attitude that it was his way or the highway. He felt that winning the presidency entitled him to impose his policies unfettered. And with the cooperation of the press he was able to paint Republicans Congressmen as obstructionist monsters, instead of simply the representatives of people who opposed his policies.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    So. Question.

They talk about repealing ACA. That's a big deal.

The backlash from that is going to be insane. "You're causing people to die! You're taking away my treatment!" etc.

I don't think that's possible. I think they need to have a replacement in-place, something that isn't socialized medicine, something that brings healthcare costs down, and keeps current people covered under ACA, covered.

How does he do that?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    So. Question.

The backlash from that is going to be insane. "You're causing people to die! You're taking away my treatment!" etc.

I don't think that's possible. I think they need to have a replacement in-place, something that isn't socialized medicine, something that brings healthcare costs down, and keeps current people covered under ACA, covered.

How does he do that?

He doesn't. There's zero reason for him to care.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    So. Question.

How does he do that?

The Republicans in Congress had alternatives back then even that would've resolved some issues without taking over a few (hundred?) billion dollars worth of our GDP.

There are ways, but they will be painful - literally.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    So. Question.

How does he do that?

Whatever they call a repeal of the ACA will be a mere reform and we'll still all be paying for others' healthcare.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    So. Question.

How does he do that?

Erase state boundaries for insurance companies to have nation wide competition.

And if someone cared, implement regulation barring insurance companies from screwing someone for pre-existing conditions.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom