The OFFICIAL Trump/HRC/2016 General Election Thread...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Who, specifically, did Obama offend while his was running for president? What people did he need to he need to reach out to, because they were concerned about a specific issue. I think you're asking a question that can't be satisfied, because Obama didn't specifically point out a group of people while running that he was opposing.

Sure he did. The one that keeps getting repeated: the bitter clingers. Now, you're the one that you remembered it being "quite the opposite" to Expat's comment...meaning that the media called for BHO to reach out and comfort the people didn't trust and vote for him. Now, let's not Kut this up and try to redirect the argument. You insist people back up their assertions, and so what's fair for the goose and all that....

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Keep in mind, not all votes have been counted. Trump could pass Romney and McCain

Cw36E68XEAAK20E.jpg:large

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    Kirk did not stand a chance against the Chicago machine. In the Chicago elections Trump was evil incarnate. Any association was used to destroy the candidate. They were even running ads connecting the governor to Trump and he wasn't even running for any thing. It was bad. It was just a clip of Rauner saying he would support the Republican nominee (begrudgingly at that). Then they went on saying how bad he was.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Sure he did. The one that keeps getting repeated: the bitter clingers. Now, you're the one that you remembered it being "quite the opposite" to Expat's comment...meaning that the media called for BHO to reach out and comfort the people didn't trust and vote for him. Now, let's not Kut this up and try to redirect the argument. You insist people back up their assertions, and so what's fair for the goose and all that....

Again, how does this apply? If you're going to say Obama insulted people after being elected, sure, I can get on that wagon. That's factual. But that's not what's being discussed, and by adding it in, you're moving the goal posts. Do you want to talk about what Obama said months after being elected? I'm sure we'd probably be in agreement. What is being discussed, is the calls for reconciliation directly after an election, based on pre-election rhetoric, not by the president, but by the media. I said I couldn't remember it as vividly as Expat apparently has. If you can't confine it to Expat's original premise, we're going to have quite a large football field before it's over.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Again, how does this apply? If you're going to say Obama insulted people after being elected, sure, I can get on that wagon. That's factual. But that's not what's being discussed, and by adding it in, you're moving the goal posts. Do you want to talk about what Obama said months after being elected? I'm sure we'd probably be in agreement. What is being discussed, is the calls for reconciliation directly after an election, based on pre-election rhetoric, not by the president, but by the media. I said I couldn't remember it as vividly as Expat apparently has. If you can't confine it to Expat's original premise, we're going to have quite a large football field before it's over.

Fine. As I recall, the bitter clinger comment was made during the campaign. I could be off on that, I'll concede the point for now. So now, where are the examples of the media that called for BHO to reach out and comfort the people didn't trust and vote for him.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Keep in mind, not all votes have been counted. Trump could pass Romney and McCain
    I ran into this problem when doing my own assessment of turnout. This cycle, more than the others, you need to include the 3rd party votes in the total. IMHO.

It closes the gap, but not completely.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Going back to the video of a trump supporter cowardly getting the **** beat out of him...

I'm thinking 4 years of protesting in the streets, and assaulting people... Trump might carry 48 states in 2020.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Going back to the video of a trump supporter cowardly getting the **** beat out of him...

I'm thinking 4 years of protesting in the streets, and assaulting people... Trump might carry 48 states in 2020.

Vann Jones called what happened Tuesday night a "white lash". Wonder what racist term he'd concoct to name that event?

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus

Pissing off everyone again, that cost you an election because they were pissed off, is not a good plan going forward.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    So what is the most likely route that hardcore Trump backers are going to take?

1. If Trump makes poor decisions: have the stones to call him out on it. Oppose him when it's warranted. Be an individual, not a hive.

2. If Trump makes poor decisions: continue fervently shielding him from criticism. Blame others around him for his problems. Be a hive, not an individual.

(It is my greatest hope that we can all agree to be in 1.)

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    So what is the most likely route that hardcore Trump backers are going to take?

1. If Trump makes poor decisions: have the stones to call him out on it. Oppose him when it's warranted. Be an individual, not a hive.

2. If Trump makes poor decisions: continue fervently shielding him from criticism. Blame others around him for his problems. Be a hive, not an individual.

We'll have to see what the DNC and Putin tell him to do first.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom