The OFFICIAL Trump/HRC/2016 General Election Thread...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    'Member when Ruth Bader Ginsberg said she'd resign if Trump were elected president? 'Member? I remember! Yeah, I 'member too...

Well J. Ginsberg........we're waiting.....

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Well, we were doing that before ACA, too. The question is how many others' care should we be paying for.

Good point.

I have been teaching a Medical Etjics/Bio-Ethics class in a law school since well before the ACA. The students were SHOCKED, shocked i tells you, to learn that essentially no one went without medical care before the ACA if they sought it out, meaning, went to the hospital. The way this works is that the care is provided without reference to ability to pay (non-elective, of course), and then later you get a bill whether or not you can pay it.

It was a pure lie to say "X million people go without healthcare", yet that was the rhetoric.

AmmoManAaron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 20, 2015
    I-get-around
    Sheriff David Clarke rumored to be Trump's pick to head up ICE - which would be a good choice. Although I've heard that he isn't NFA friendly (refused to sign NFA paperwork), that doesn't really matter for ICE.

I also heard he is going to appoint a climate change skeptic to head the EPA. I hope half the department quits in disgust - easier to gut their budget that way.

Top climate skeptic to lead Trump's EPA transition team | TheHill

"Myron Ebell, director of energy and environment policy at the conservative think tank Competitive Enterprise Institute, is heading Trump’s EPA transition preparation, E&E Daily reported Monday.

Ebell is an outspoken, longtime skeptic of the scientific consensus that human activity is dramatically changing the climate. He often refers to warnings about global warming as climate “alarmism” and is a vocal critic of President Obama’s climate change regulations.

Ebell has argued that the Clean Power Plan is illegal and that the Paris climate change agreement is unconstitutional.

Trump also doubts that human activity causes climate change."

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Good point.

I have been teaching a Medical Etjics/Bio-Ethics class in a law school since well before the ACA. The students were SHOCKED, shocked i tells you, to learn that essentially no one went without medical care before the ACA if they sought it out, meaning, went to the hospital. The way this works is that the care is provided without reference to ability to pay (non-elective, of course), and then later you get a bill whether or not you can pay it.

It was a pure lie to say "X million people go without healthcare", yet that was the rhetoric.

Oh yeah. I would've TOTALLY passed that class. :)

What's worse - as you may know, too - law firms have terrible health insurance. Pre-ACA, I was able to get insurance for my family at about 1/3 the rate that I now pay. Same family. Same health issues. Not even as good coverage, for 3x the cost and a metric shton more hassle.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Oh yeah. I would've TOTALLY passed that class. :)

What's worse - as you may know, too - law firms have terrible health insurance. Pre-ACA, I was able to get insurance for my family at about 1/3 the rate that I now pay. Same family. Same health issues. Not even as good coverage, for 3x the cost and a metric shton more hassle.

So how do you repeal ACA... and explain that "things were better before" to those that have cemented the concept that "millions of new insured" benefit from it?

They won't believe it.
    They will riot more.

I think, being a "benefit" that is difficult to remove after implemented... there has to be a replacement instead of outright removal of it

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    From IU

Dear Forest Resident,

In light of the election of our 45[SUP]th[/SUP] President, we want to acknowledge that our IU community students, faculty, and staff may be experiencing a broad range of emotions. Regardless of political affiliation, this Presidential election has been described as the most divisive in modern history and the outcome is very impactful to many individuals. For some there is great excitement and enthusiasm for the future, while for others it may elicit concern, confusion, fear, or insecurity of the same future. We ask that you to be sensitive towards others here on campus, back home, and in your life who maybe experiencing this event differently than you. We remind you to contact us if you or someone you know is experiencing a difficult time, please call Forest staff at (812) 855-5311 or the CaPS line at (812) 855-5711 and select option 1. At the same time, if you observe or experience actions that run counter to the spirit of mutual respect and civility for our campus, please contact the center desk, (812) 855-5311, or IUPD at (812) 855-4111 immediately.

Should you need other avenues of support, we have available to talk IU’s Crimson Corps , a collection of trained students, counselors at our Counseling and Psychological Services (CaPS), Student Advocates Office, and various cultural and identity centers and services around campus. Additionally, the Center for Human Growth, located in suite 0001 on the ground floor of the School of Education, will have sessions available today, Thursday (11/10) 4:00-6:00, and Friday (11/11) 3:00-5:00pm facilitated by counseling graduate students.

Your Forest Center Leadership Team

AmmoManAaron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 20, 2015
    I-get-around
    President-elect Trump is already reshaping the world and he hasn't even taken office. Day -71 and already making things happen. The WINNING has already begun!
    anim_bannana.gif

That's how leadership works. People follow it and triangulate ways to engage it.

Justin Trudeau: Canada Willing to Renegotiate NAFTA with Trump - Breitbart

Yes, I know it's Breitbart.

Edited to add:
    It appears Duterte has calmed down a bit as well. Nice to see the little ****bags getting in line without having to be kicked.

Edited again to add:
    Even Mexico is getting on board with renegotiating! :eek::faint::rockwoot:
    http://www.reuters.com/article/us-mexico-trade-nafta-idUSKCN105299?il=0

Throughout the election, you saw anyone blasting Trump get blasted back twice as hard. Republican, Democrat, media, the Pope, he didn't care. World leaders know to adjust their behavior depending on who they are dealing with, even North Korea. I think they realize that it's better to work with Trump than against him.

Last edited:

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    So how do you repeal ACA... and explain that "things were better before" to those that have cemented the concept that "millions of new insured" benefit from it?

They won't believe it.
    They will riot more.

I think, being a "benefit" that is difficult to remove after implemented... there has to be a replacement instead of outright removal of it
    See, I've been saying for a while now, these kinda things are going to have to have the bandaid treatment, grit your teeth, and get it over with quick. Slowly doing it just prolongs the inevitable, which, in this case (ending the so called ACA)would be screaming and crying about how unfair and mean and racist Trump is. Let em riot, it'll sort itself out eventually.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    So, I caught a bit of Trump with Obama in the White House.

Trump didn't look very comfortable. :D

I'm sorry, but I really think, somewhere in the back of his head, he's thinking, "WTF have I done."

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    I can't answer for anyone else. My dislike of HRC is at least one order of magnitude worse than my dislike of Trump.

I was prepared to treat her.... the same.

This isn't high school. Like/dislike of someone doesn't mean we can't independently evaluate their actions.

Not high school . . Facebook. I started hearing of friends and family being unfriended by people who were upset. More surprising was that the people being unfriended were upset by this

I know it's a smaller number every year, but for Christians to behave this way especially astounds me.

Try always to be civil, discerning and steadfast. Apologize more often when you aren't, and be the duck.

What one believes in, pushes for and how one behaves towards anyone should not change based on who is in office.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    So, I caught a bit of Trump with Obama in the White House.

Trump didn't look very comfortable. :D

I'm sorry, but I really think, somewhere in the back of his head, he's thinking, "WTF have I done."

Well, remember..... he wasn't trying to win because he was a hitlary plant..... or something..... it's almost as if..... nah.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom