The OFFICIAL Trump/HRC/2016 General Election Thread...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    So what's the likely route most hardcore nevertrumpers are going to take?

1.) If Trump makes good decisions: have the stones to praise him...Oppose him when it's warranted..Be an individual, not a hive..

2.) If Trump makes poor decisions: Continue fervently lamenting if only their candidate got the GOP nomination this would not be happening...Blame Trump supporters for nominating him...Be a hive, not an individual...

(With apologies to GPIA7R:))

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis

1.) If Trump makes good decisions: have the stones to praise him...Oppose him when it's warranted..Be an individual, not a hive..

2.) If Trump makes poor decisions: Continue fervently lamenting if only their candidate got the GOP nomination this would not be happening...Blame Trump supporters for nominating him...Be a hive, not an individual...

Few of these things are completely disconnected from each other... but 1, definitely. If he does good things, I'll be down with that absolutely.

That's the thing here... I've always been on that side of this. I just see him as a person least likely to do good, and more likely to do harm. INGO loves "consistency", yeah? So let's be sure to practice what we preach here. Cautious optimism.

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    All the anti-Trumpers here and elsewhere say he's going to be an awful POTUS. I'd like to know if they think Killary would be an excellent one.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Few of these things are completely disconnected from each other... but 1, definitely. If he does good things, I'll be down with that absolutely.

That's the thing here... I've always been on that side of this. I just see him as a person least likely to do good, and more likely to do harm. INGO loves "consistency", yeah? So let's be sure to practice what we preach here. Cautious optimism.

I know brother...I am just...You know...Happy I was so correct the past six months about this election...I vowed I wouldn't gloat and I still am not but I just wanted to...I don't know...Stealth gloat....:)

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso

What the Never Trumpers hate more than Trump is being on the outside looking in. They will work with him...and I don't think their "stones" have anything to do with it. seeing as how Trump will move more slowly and methodically than anyone expects, I think there will not be many chances for Trump to make truly horrific decisions.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I'll go a step further. I'll discuss Trump's good/bad decisions in the same spirit as I would Obama's.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    All the anti-Trumpers here and elsewhere say he's going to be an awful POTUS. I'd like to know if they think Killary would be an excellent one.

That bizarre question suggests you haven't actually read anything "we" have written about HRC.

CindyE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    north/central IN
    Vann Jones called what happened Tuesday night a "white lash". Wonder what racist term he'd concoct to name that event?

I've heard that term a lot over the last couple of days, and it really pisses me off. Not everything is about race, gender, oppression, etc. We've heard that crap for the last 8 years, now we are still going to hear it!

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne

:scratch:

There might be one or two on INGO that think Mrs. Clinton would be a good president. "All the anti-Trumpers here and elsewhere" think they both would/will be an awful president.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I've heard that term a lot over the last couple of days, and it really pisses me off. Not everything is about race, gender, oppression, etc. We've heard that crap for the last 8 years, now we are still going to hear it!

Seems to be a coping mechanism. MSM is trying to turn what is anti-Washington sentiment into racism. Doing this allows them to discount the Americans' opinion and mandate. Because, hey, why would anyone hate Washington?

PaulF

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 4, 2009
    Indianapolis

I don't. I think hillary would be awful.

I also think Trump is awful.

The two concepts are not mutually exlusive.

I argued elsewhere that there are many paths to failure. Clinton leads us down one, Trump another...the result is the same, with only a possibility of different scenery on the voyage.

"Better" than Hillary isn't saying much...if anything at all.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    Good lord, this is BEYOND crazy

White House staffers awaiting Trump's arrival today. Check out the moron in the back left

Cw6ZGV5WgAAX2My.jpg:small

Lol.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Good lord, this is BEYOND crazy

White House staffers awaiting Trump's arrival today. Check out the moron in the back left

Cw6ZGV5WgAAX2My.jpg:small

That image is worth it all right there. Truly priceless to see all these Democrats crying and wailing.

Alpo should make her face his new avatar. :):

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    So both are disliked equally, I get that. So if Killary was elected, I would imagine the same questions would be asked about how bad she'll be.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Unapologetically American / An Open Letter to the Defeated
    An Open Letter to the Defeated

language warning

Shut the **** up.

Oh boo hoo, you lost the election. Guess what? It’s not the end of the world. You folks were the same ones crowing when Obama took office all those years ago about how he would fix the world and make everything all puppy dogs and sunshine, and that didn’t ****ing happen, now did it?

The truth is, what you’re feeling now is the same thing conservatives were feeling in 2008, when Democrats took control. They *****ed and moaned about how America was doomed, about how Obama was going to destroy everything, and what happened? A whole lot of nothing. Well, not exactly nothing, because I simultaneously have to buy insurance and can’t afford it, but hey, thems the breaks. And when enough people decided that they didn’t want any more of that action, they voted Republicans into office and suddenly the Democrat’s monopoly on legislative control was broken.

Because, you know, that’s how the system works. We elect leaders. We realize that those leaders suck. We elect different leaders. Rinse and repeat.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    So both are disliked equally, I get that. So if Killary was elected, I would imagine the same questions would be asked about how bad she'll be.

I can't answer for anyone else. My dislike of HRC is at least one order of magnitude worse than my dislike of Trump.

I was prepared to treat her.... the same.

This isn't high school. Like/dislike of someone doesn't mean we can't independently evaluate their actions.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom