• Status
    Not open for further replies.

LoriW

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    Fishers
    Maybe he had an emergency of some sort? I used to work at a placement service and we had people do that sort of thing all the time. Sometimes, there was a valid excuse and they truly were unable to call in. Most of the time, they had to show an attempt to obtain employment to avoid jail for nonpayment of child support or something of that nature.

We have attendance issues as the most common reason they don't stay. A recent one was told beforehand that he needed a doctor's note for any more absences. So he missed work and then came to work without a note. Said he couldn't afford a doctor. But you can afford to be unemployed?

GLOCKMAN23C

Resident Dumbass II
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    S.E. Indy
    The gun worlds Yugo is still better than an R51. :):

I've had to strip every one we've received and clean metal shavings and miscellaneous debris from the gun. I've never seen such a poorly made firearm. In all honesty, I'd rather trust my life to a Hi-Point than to an R51. :twocents:

Wow!I looked at one at the NRA convention. It felt good in the hand, but cm passed your words along. I had it in my head that their 1911's weren't too great either.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    I'm kinda curious about why we didn't get any in in a few weeks. But I'm very thankful actually

You guys had some nice prices on ammo, and it sounds like you had plenty of it. :yesway:

I wanted to get over there for the big sale, but not enough hours in the day.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    We have attendance issues as the most common reason they don't stay. A recent one was told beforehand that he needed a doctor's note for any more absences. So he missed work and then came to work without a note. Said he couldn't afford a doctor. But you can afford to be unemployed?

I've never understood. When I was working that job was about 15 years ago and, if anything, the problem has gotten worse.

LoriW

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    Fishers
    You guys had some nice prices on ammo, and it sounds like you had plenty of it. :yesway:

I wanted to get over there for the big sale, but not enough hours in the day.

Avon got the bulk of the ammo...way more 22LR then my store did. We did get plenty of other calibers in though. I actually had 380 still out when I left

jdmack79

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Lawrence County
    Wow!I looked at one at the NRA convention. It felt good in the hand, but cm passed your words along. I had it in my head that their 1911's weren't too great either.

I think that the R51 was a great idea with a lot of potential, but that it was very poorly executed. It looks and feels good from the outside. I also think that it points pretty well. The trigger is decent, and the low bore axis would probably make it comfortable to shoot. Opening up the gun, the issues become pretty apparent. Guns made in some back alley in the Kyber Pass would probably have a better fit and finish than these lemons.

LoriW

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    Fishers
    I've never understood. When I was working that job was about 15 years ago and, if anything, the problem has gotten worse.

Because it seems fairly easy to get unemployment. At my last job we'd have people come in, ask us if we were hiring and when we said no they'd mark it down as an application on their list.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    wonderful but so tiring.

it started Thursday afternoon and 350miles round trip to stay with my daughter a few days then home to walk the convention today.

rr good to hear you got a sink

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Because it seems fairly easy to get unemployment. At my last job we'd have people come in, ask us if we were hiring and when we said no they'd mark it down as an application on their list.

We had a lot of that too.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side

not exactly that easy. but yes, they have to show they are looking for work

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    wonderful but so tiring.

it started Thursday afternoon and 350miles round trip to stay with my daughter a few days then home to walk the convention today.

rr good to hear you got a sink

How is your daughter doing? Still feeling pretty good?

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    Avon got the bulk of the ammo...way more 22LR then my store did. We did get plenty of other calibers in though. I actually had 380 still out when I left

A friend picked me up a couple of bulk packs of the .45. Nice prices.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom