• Status
    Not open for further replies.

db1959

Resident Dumbass I
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    In a garage
    Agreed. I was short 2 guys for the Avon GO and then had someone decide not to show up yesterday. So then he showed up today and got fired

You'd think...but I guess it's easier to just collect unemployment?
    You get fired from where I work they will fight unemployment.

jdmack79

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Lawrence County
    Shouldn't you be asleep? Good grief...with all of the people who are unemployed, you would think they could find people who want to work and show up.

Six people were hired within the last few weeks and only one is still employed. That should tell you a lot about some peoples work ethic.

missed you yesterday jd!
    we debated going to gander, but ran late as it was and we were pretty hungry and tired

It sucks that I had to work. I was looking forward to eating with you all. I haven't seen you or Chezuki since NFA days.

Agreed. I was short 2 guys for the Avon GO and then had someone decide not to show up yesterday. So then he showed up today and got fired

There was one individual who started this week. They were scheduled for four days. They showed up for the first shift, called off the next two, and didn't show up this morning. :rolleyes:

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Six people were hired within the last few weeks and only one is still employed. That should tell you a lot about some peoples work ethic.

Too many of the unemployed prefer to be that way. It's easier to get a handout than work for a living. It's sad that there is no sense of pride.

LoriW

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    Fishers
    :rockwoot: Did you buy the best new gun on the market, the Remington R51? :dunno:

NNNNoooooootttt so much lol. I had a guy try to sell us his R51 right after telling me all about the issues it was having with the slide. So I shot him a rough offer and he decided not to take it lol....I got an XDm

jdmack79

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Lawrence County
    Too many of the unemployed prefer to be that way. It's easier to get a handout than work for a living. It's sad that there is no sense of pride.

I don't understand why someone would go through a couple of interviews, do a drug test, show up for training, and then quit. It doesn't make sense.

LoriW

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    Fishers

Yes, this. There are a couple of our new hires we would clone if we could. Some others...not so much and I'm not especially sad to see them go

LoriW

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    Fishers
    I don't understand why someone would go through a couple of interviews, do a drug test, show up for training, and then quit. It doesn't make sense.

:dunno: no idea. Maybe if they go through that process then at least they can say they tried and blame the employer when it doesn't work out?

jdmack79

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Lawrence County
    NNNNoooooootttt so much lol. I had a guy try to sell us his R51 right after telling me all about the issues it was having with the slide. So I shot him a rough offer and he decided not to take it lol....I got an XDm

The gun worlds Yugo is still better than an R51. :):

I've had to strip every one we've received and clean metal shavings and miscellaneous debris from the gun. I've never seen such a poorly made firearm. In all honesty, I'd rather trust my life to a Hi-Point than to an R51. :twocents:

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine

Maybe he had an emergency of some sort? I used to work at a placement service and we had people do that sort of thing all the time. Sometimes, there was a valid excuse and they truly were unable to call in. Most of the time, they had to show an attempt to obtain employment to avoid jail for nonpayment of child support or something of that nature.

LoriW

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    Fishers
    The gun worlds Yugo is still better than an R51. :):

I've had to strip every one we've received and clean metal shavings and miscellaneous debris from the gun. I've never seen such a poorly made firearm. In all honesty, I'd rather trust my life to a Hi-Pointe than to an R51. :twocents:

I'm kinda curious about why we didn't get any in in a few weeks. But I'm very thankful actually

jdmack79

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Lawrence County
    Maybe he had an emergency of some sort? I used to work at a placement service and we had people do that sort of thing all the time. Sometimes, there was a valid excuse and they truly were unable to call in. Most of the time, they had to show an attempt to obtain employment to avoid jail for nonpayment of child support or something of that nature.

What I posted happened to numerous new hires. It's not an isolated incident. I just genuinely think that some people are too lazy to work.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom