• Status
    Not open for further replies.

SERparacord

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    Amish Mafia Bar
    I think that the R51 was a great idea with a lot of potential, but that it was very poorly executed. It looks and feels good from the outside. I also think that it points pretty well. The trigger is decent, and the low bore axis would probably make it comfortable to shoot. Opening up the gun, the issues become pretty apparent. Guns made in some back alley in the Kyber Pass would probably have a better fit and finish than these lemons.

The R51 is a design from the 1920's, nothing new at all about it, plus it didn't work well back then either. :laugh:

jdmack79

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Lawrence County
    The R51 is a design from the 1920's, nothing new at all about it, plus it didn't work well back then either. :laugh:

I know it is an old design. My point was if that they were going to reintroduce and engineer and old product, they should have thought it out a little better. A thin, single stack, carry sized 9mm with a light trigger would run circles around Shields and LC9's if it was made properly.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    How is your daughter doing? Still feeling pretty good?
    doing very well. she cut way back on the pain pills today.
    If all they're doing to "look" for work is asking if some place is hiring and then writing it down on the form that they applied, that's sad. Very sad
    they asked, you said no. did you want them to beg? Do you know how many places they have been in asking the same question every day

it is more than looking for work. job training etc. is also offered and expected. Which is a good thing.

jdmack79

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Lawrence County
    I scored 1000rds of that beloved .22!

May actually be able to shoot anoter Appleseed this year!!

I will sell you one Appleseeds worth of 22 from my own stash...for ONE MILLION DOLLARS!

W08D06-2.jpg

LoriW

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    Fishers
    they asked, you said no. did you want them to beg? Do you know how many places they have been in asking the same question every day

Beg? no. But we took applications whether we were actively hiring at the time or not. They made the choice to not fill out an application even. I'm not saying that everyone who came in and asked if we were hiring and didn't fill out an application is lazy or just trying to work the system. But I'm sure some were. If they want to work, they'll work. But no, I don't expect anyone to beg for a job. There are jobs for those who really want them

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    doing very well. she cut way back on the pain pills today.

it is more than looking for work. job training etc. is also offered and expected. Which is a good thing.

I'm glad to hear she is doing well.

I think the unemployment/job search thing depends a lot on the people. Some really do want a job rather than unemployment, but I have had people ask if we were taking applications and then write down that they applied even after we told them no. They just had to have three places they went to and the name of who they talked to (according to them) to write down so they could collect that week. I know not everyone does that, but too many abuse the system and do this.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    I'm glad to hear she is doing well.

I think the unemployment/job search thing depends a lot on the people. Some really do want a job rather than unemployment, but I have had people ask if we were taking applications and then write down that they applied even after we told them no. They just had to have three places they went to and the name of who they talked to (according to them) to write down so they could collect that week. I know not everyone does that, but too many abuse the system and do this.
    you're right, it can be abused. it really is more than just applying at 3 places a week though

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    you're right, it can be abused. it really is more than just applying at 3 places a week though

I agree that it should be and a lot of people who really WANT a job do put far more into it. I think a lot of times finding the right job is more a matter of being in the right place at the right time or having someone you know refer you.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom