• Status
    Not open for further replies.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    Ah yeah, the LNL has the quick change bushings - forgot about that. Something my Dillon doesn't have but, that said, I just have extra tool-heads that I leave the dies installed into :). You have to pull your dies/put them back on one at a time. I move them all at once by caliber :).

6 of one, half dozen of another.

SaintsNSinners

Shooter
    Rating - 94.1%
    16   1   0
    Mar 3, 2012
    At Work in Indy
    A friend said, 'The damage isn't that bad... I'd probably just live with it.'

I said, 'Would you take delivery of a new vehicle with such damage?' No.

Why on Earth would one accept such damage after warranty work on a new vehicle if they wouldn't accept the vehicle new like that? Makes no sense to me.

As far as I'm concerned had they given me a good vehicle free of defects to begin with, the opportunity for the damage to have been done wouldn't have existed.

Had they taken their time to do the job right without being in a rush - quite possibly the damage wouldn't have existed.

The biggest fear I have is that they're going to try telling me the damage was already there and that they're not responsible for it - here's hoping that's not what they try to do.

$20 and I saw it right before drop off and will testify the damage wasnt there

db1959

Resident Dumbass I
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    In a garage
    A friend said, 'The damage isn't that bad... I'd probably just live with it.'

I said, 'Would you take delivery of a new vehicle with such damage?' No.

Why on Earth would one accept such damage after warranty work on a new vehicle if they wouldn't accept the vehicle new like that? Makes no sense to me.

As far as I'm concerned had they given me a good vehicle free of defects to begin with, the opportunity for the damage to have been done wouldn't have existed.

Had they taken their time to do the job right without being in a rush - quite possibly the damage wouldn't have existed.

The biggest fear I have is that they're going to try telling me the damage was already there and that they're not responsible for it - here's hoping that's not what they try to do.

That's the way I feel. They damage it, they can fix it but you are probably right that they wont claim responsibility. If it were me I'd push it.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    $20 and I saw it right before drop off and will testify the damage wasnt there
    Haha - it's brand new and has never hauled anything but myself in jeans and a t-shirt. I'd love to hear how they think I managed to put those gouges there if they try to deny it. It's obvious the gouges are new - there was still plastic hanging off of one of them and they are clean/free of dirt/dust/salt/sand.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    That's the way I feel. They damage it, they can fix it but you are probably right that they wont claim responsibility. If it were me I'd push it.
    Already have a case number with Toyota Corporate - explained I had warranty work done and that when I picked the vehicle up there was cosmetic damage to the truck and explained where it was.

If the dealer disclaims responsibility I'll push it through Corporate. If Corporate can't make it right it will be the first and last Toyota I ever own.

db1959

Resident Dumbass I
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    In a garage
    Haha - it's brand new and has never hauled anything but myself in jeans and a t-shirt. I'd love to hear how they think I managed to put those gouges there if they try to deny it. It's obvious the gouges are new - there was still plastic hanging off of one of them and they are clean/free of dirt/dust/salt/sand.

It was those pointy metal towed boots you wear :D Or your spurs...

nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville
    I have decided on getting the Sig P938 SAS. Now I just have to hunt one down or find a shop that can order it for me.
    image_zps27f05ea3.jpg

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    IMHO avoid the 938... I love sig but... Let's just say I wasn't comfortable with mine in a self defense situation. Too many issues feeding no matter the mag or the ammo. Handled several - all did the same things. Even after letting the mags sit fully loaded for months.

The 238 doesn't seem to have the same issues but it's only .380.

I LOVE my p226.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom