Not open for further replies.

GLOCKMAN23C

Resident Dumbass II
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    S.E. Indy
    They didn't tell me - I found it and pointed it out to the GM of the dealership. Service manager was already gone for the day. Service manager is supposed to call me in the morning.

Maybe that's the problem... Nobody has respect for their own stuff anymore much less stuff belonging to anybody else.

I know I tend to treat stuff that belongs to others *better* than I would my own stuff because that's what I'd want them to do for me.

I did contemplate offering the 'tech' doing the repair $50 to do a 'good job' but I thought, nah - surely they'll do a good job... Would have been $50 well spent IMHO.

ding, ding, ding!!! We have a winner. You shouldn't have to offer the tech $50 to do a good job, that is his job. Now if you were to "tip" him for a job well done, that is different. :twocents:

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    I went through my pics - I got pics of the front/back/underside but nothing of the side - I never imagined they would damage it in this spot - you have to be flat-out careless to do this kind of damage. This isn't, 'oops - I managed to scratch piece X.' This is 'Ah, fuggit - drag that 85 pound seat in the door by yourself without help and gouge the **** out of the plastic.'

It's obvious the gouges are new - there is dirt/sand/salt everywhere but INSIDE the gouges - they are obviously fresh.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    ding, ding, ding!!! We have a winner. You shouldn't have to offer the tech $50 to do a good job, that is his job. Now if you were to "tip" him for a job well done, that is different. :twocents:
    I shouldn't have to - I agree.

To be honest I'd have been happy if they just gave me the new part and let me swap it myself - I'd have gladly paid for it until the defective one was returned and they would have saved on labor... Not even an option with warranty work though. At least I know I wouldn't have f****ed it up.

SaintsNSinners

Shooter
    Rating - 94.1%
    16   1   0
    Mar 3, 2012
    At Work in Indy
    hornady-lnl-bushing-indexing.jpg

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    I hear you but the fact is they damaged a new vehicle.
    A friend said, 'The damage isn't that bad... I'd probably just live with it.'

I said, 'Would you take delivery of a new vehicle with such damage?' No.

Why on Earth would one accept such damage after warranty work on a new vehicle if they wouldn't accept the vehicle new like that? Makes no sense to me.

As far as I'm concerned had they given me a good vehicle free of defects to begin with, the opportunity for the damage to have been done wouldn't have existed.

Had they taken their time to do the job right without being in a rush - quite possibly the damage wouldn't have existed.

The biggest fear I have is that they're going to try telling me the damage was already there and that they're not responsible for it - here's hoping that's not what they try to do.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    RedMurph
    Top Bottom