Not open for further replies.

RedneckReject

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Indianapolis
    That's just crazy.

It's beyond crazy. It always seemed like it took so much longer to get the truck and trailer going in those situations. Don't get me wrong, those things didn't happen often, but when they did my heart ended up in my stomach. Some of them were simple, no injuries. Some of them were devastating. The worst one happened when we were literally a few hundred yards from the stable at the end of the shift. Almost made it home and then a drunk driver came along....

I miss the job but I do not miss that part of it

chocktaw2

Home on the Range
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    Mayberry
    It's beyond crazy. It always seemed like it took so much longer to get the truck and trailer going in those situations. Don't get me wrong, those things didn't happen often, but when they did my heart ended up in my stomach. Some of them were simple, no injuries. Some of them were devastating. The worst one happened when we were literally a few hundred yards from the stable at the end of the shift. Almost made it home and then a drunk driver came along....

I miss the job but I do not miss that part of it
    Glad it's over for ya.

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    Had a neighbor just call me asking to borrow an electric heater because he can't find any in stock anywhere. His garage must not be sealed up too well because his pipes froze in there. I had the same thing happen a couple years ago but it was because I accidentally left the garage door open all night. I gave him the same little heater I used for the same problem.

chocktaw2

Home on the Range
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    Mayberry
    Had a neighbor just call me asking to borrow an electric heater because he can't find any in stock anywhere. His garage must not be sealed up too well because his pipes froze in there. I had the same thing happen a couple years ago but it was because I accidentally left the garage door open all night. I gave him the same little heater I used for the same problem.
    You're the man. Feels good to be able to help people out in time of need.+1

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom