Not open for further replies.

GLOCKMAN23C

Resident Dumbass II
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    S.E. Indy
    I don't know if this little car has codes that go to that level of detail. When it happens, it acts like someone is intermittently turning off all spark. The check engine light has not come back on yet but that might be because once it starts happening the engine doesn't stay running very long. The check engine light it had when I first started working on it the other day was for the crankshaft sensor.

If you need a scan tool, let me know.

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    Do you have consistent fuel pressure????

The fuel pump was one of the things replaced before I started working on it. When this current problem occurs (apparent loss of spark), it happens so fast that I doubt I would be able to see if the fuel pressure was dropping along with it. I don't have the tools or equipment to install an in line pressure gauge. If I knew for sure I was losing spark and fuel at the same time I would suspect the cam sensor since the crank sensor has already been replaced. However, I can't find any references on line to the cam sensor being a failure item on this car.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    started the truck up today before I left work

damn college kid was working and asked me if I always start my truck before I leave. told him when it's this cold I do. He proceeded to tell me he never did his... I just :rolleyes:
    that could be why he has no car now

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    so is winter just naturally harder on vehicles? Seems a lot of people I know are having problems now.

I can't blame this problem on the cold. The weather was still decent when this first started. :rolleyes: My daughter's fiancee works nights so she has been taking him to work in his vehicle and using that so at least she still has transportation. Its a lot of extra driving and gas though.

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    started the truck up today before I left work

damn college kid was working and asked me if I always start my truck before I leave. told him when it's this cold I do. He proceeded to tell me he never did his... I just :rolleyes:
    that could be why he has no car now

Your ruining the Environment MrsG!!! Global warming is all your fault!!!! Or not????

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    The fuel pump was one of the things replaced before I started working on it. When this current problem occurs (apparent loss of spark), it happens so fast that I doubt I would be able to see if the fuel pressure was dropping along with it. I don't have the tools or equipment to install an in line pressure gauge. If I knew for sure I was losing spark and fuel at the same time I would suspect the cam sensor since the crank sensor has already been replaced. However, I can't find any references on line to the cam sensor being a failure item on this car.

Friend of the wife's car froze up the fuel line. We pushed it inside her garage and put some spot lights on the filter and low points in the line. Fired up. She rolled to get the filter changed an fill the tank with fresh fuel.

db1959

Resident Dumbass I
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    In a garage
    Buddy's shop is huge.....2 salamanders for heat and the door is up and down constantly. about 40 deg. around front of the salamander.

Our salamander quit working. I am trying to talk him into building portable walls and get a used oil burning stove. There's always used motor oil around. We have a bunch of 2 inch thick insulation panels.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom