Not open for further replies.

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    It sure is. I'll figure it out eventually. After interrogating my daughter and her fiancee, I determined that this problem started shortly after he did a tune up on it for her. He replaced the plugs and wires so its possible that one or both of the coils got cracked or damaged in the process. The crank sensor problem is still throwing me though because I know for sure the old one is bad. Its unusual to have multiple problems at the same time like that.

It just seems like if it was a coil, you would be getting a code for that. "Misfire on cylinder 3".

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    It sure is. I'll figure it out eventually. After interrogating my daughter and her fiancee, I determined that this problem started shortly after he did a tune up on it for her. He replaced the plugs and wires so its possible that one or both of the coils got cracked or damaged in the process. The crank sensor problem is still throwing me though because I know for sure the old one is bad. Its unusual to have multiple problems at the same time like that.
    problem solved, until they are married he is not to touch his car. after they are married, he can figure out that which he may have screwed up

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    Man it is cold tonight. Been in a sparsely heated shop dropping the fuel tank on my Van.

So I'm not the only one attempting auto repair on this fine evening. Its cold in my garage but bearable. Its attached so I can open the door to the house if I'm not running an engine.

db1959

Resident Dumbass I
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    In a garage
    Not when I work on something. I have that curse. The one where I fix one thing and 2 other totally unrelated things break

db1959

Resident Dumbass I
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    In a garage
    Gas tanks aren't my favorite thing to remove. That's why I have had the sending unit for mine sitting in the trunk for 2 years. Anyone need a sending gas sending unit for 2001 Regal?

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    It just seems like if it was a coil, you would be getting a code for that. "Misfire on cylinder 3".

I don't know if this little car has codes that go to that level of detail. When it happens, it acts like someone is intermittently turning off all spark. The check engine light has not come back on yet but that might be because once it starts happening the engine doesn't stay running very long. The check engine light it had when I first started working on it the other day was for the crankshaft sensor.

db1959

Resident Dumbass I
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    In a garage
    Yes we did. Huge tank in that thing. it was 3/4's full. Took 3 of us to man handle it to the ground. I am picking up a pump in the A.M. and letting them finish it. Getting to old for that rap.....:)

That's worse when they are full. Did you have a lift or just do it from the ground?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I don't know if this little car has codes that go to that level of detail. When it happens, it acts like someone is intermittently turning off all spark. The check engine light has not come back on yet but that might be because once it starts happening the engine doesn't stay running very long. The check engine light it had when I first started working on it the other day was for the crankshaft sensor.

Do you have consistent fuel pressure????

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    problem solved, until they are married he is not to touch his car. after they are married, he can figure out that which he may have screwed up

I was trying to let them solve their own problem because that's what they seemed to want to do. But the car has been down for almost 3 months now. That's why I had it towed here. I may regret getting involved. :rolleyes:

GLOCKMAN23C

Resident Dumbass II
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    S.E. Indy
    I hate winter-blend from the gas mileage standpoint and it makes me wish I sprung the extra $10k and got a diesel but it wasn't in the budget :(.

I agree with you. Between the winter blended fuel and all of the extra idling, my truck has went from ~18mpg to ~10mpg. :xmad:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom