• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    That sucks. My Regal did what you describe. I ran it at night and misted the coils with water. You could see the arc. Luckily my coils were up front and easy to get to. I think it took longer to find the tools than it did to change the bad one.

They are easy to replace. I just don't want to spend more money on parts until I'm more confident I need them. I can buy them locally right now for about $100 or I can wait a few days and get them off ebay for around $40.

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    Well so much for being the hero. My daughter's car is still not right. Once I finished putting everything back together, I warmed it up for a good test drive. It ran great for about 15 or 20 minutes, then it started missing badly and died. After a bit more research, I'm suspecting the coils are failing after warming up. I'm going to let it cool completely and start it again. If it runs smooth again, I'm going to wiggle and tap on those coils to see if I can induce the problem. I really hate knowing just enough about stuff to make everyone expect me to be able to fix everything because I never seem to know enough to keep me from struggling while I do it.

Bummer Supr.

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    Bummer Supr.

It sure is. I'll figure it out eventually. After interrogating my daughter and her fiancee, I determined that this problem started shortly after he did a tune up on it for her. He replaced the plugs and wires so its possible that one or both of the coils got cracked or damaged in the process. The crank sensor problem is still throwing me though because I know for sure the old one is bad. Its unusual to have multiple problems at the same time like that.

SkullDaddy.45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    0hio
    Hey Ham finger....did you get a new gun......:)
    LOL, nope! We had a really bad accident on 94 east and I just decided to wait till they clean up the mess. I'll go tomorrow with my dad! But I am looking forward to buying a RO! Maybe having the worlds best gun smith Churchmouse bling bling it for me!!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom