• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    My son in Camby just posted on Facebook that he made it home. He only lives a mile from work though and drives a 1986 Crown Vic that weighs a TON so I didn't expect him to have trouble. He said he helped an "older" lady on the way home that was stuck....I'm afraid to ask how old that would be.

Funny how that perception thing works, ain't it? :laugh:

chocktaw2

Home on the Range
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    Mayberry
    Going to go to a couple of dealers in the area and see what they have - not so worried about having it *now* [i.e. if I have to order and wait that's fine].

Really liking what I'm seeing from Arien but still haven't nailed down anything specific just yet.
    Trust me, you want 2-stage. And, the big company's are now making lawn mowers.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Funny how that perception thing works, ain't it? :laugh:

Yeah...he's 21 so I guess to him, I might be in that category! I did ask but he didn't answer so I'm thinking that she might have been like 35 or something.....

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    Trust me, you want 2-stage. And, the big company's are now making lawn mowers.
    I planned on getting a 2-stage for the simple fact that I can't rule out having a gravel driveway sometime in the next 15 years and whatever machine I buy had better last that long [obviously with proper maintenance and probably a few replaced parts].

But yeah - not sure what kind of mower or blower I am going to get just yet.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    Yeah...he's 21 so I guess to him, I might be in that category! I did ask but he didn't answer so I'm thinking that she might have been like 35 or something.....
    To me anybody that is obviously not from my generation or younger is 'old' and anybody obviously not from my generation or older is 'young'.

I wouldn't think poorly of somebody calling me either old or young - I am who I am regardless of what label is applied.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    It's really simple. if he had the $$$, he would own it.
    I read it once start to finish and when it didn't make complete sense I didn't go back and re-read, and re-read, and re-re-read until I was able to sort out the lack of grammar, correct spelling, and English sentence structure.

I'm not putting him down - but if I can't read and understand it in one pass I'm not going to waste more of my time to try and sort it out.

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    I planned on getting a 2-stage for the simple fact that I can't rule out having a gravel driveway sometime in the next 15 years and whatever machine I buy had better last that long [obviously with proper maintenance and probably a few replaced parts].

I'd only get a 2 stage, and as big as you can clear your walkways with....in your case, 28"

chocktaw2

Home on the Range
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    Mayberry

Let me try this again. The company's that make snowblowers make them in the spring and summer months. They make lawn mowers in the winter months. I needed a snowblower a while back, the store had to get one out of a store that had one in stock. I think it came from down south. Took 2 weeks to get it.

chocktaw2

Home on the Range
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    Mayberry
    I read it once start to finish and when it didn't make complete sense I didn't go back and re-read, and re-read, and re-re-read until I was able to sort out the lack of grammar, correct spelling, and English sentence structure.

I'm not putting him down - but if I can't read and understand it in one pass I'm not going to waste more of my time to try and sort it out.

I got it in one pass, that's prbly just me though. I have lived in many other places.:yesway:

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    Let me try this again. The company's that make snowblowers make them in the spring and summer months. They make lawn mowers in the winter months. I needed a snowblower a while back, the store had to get one out of a store that had one in stock. I think it came from down south. Took 2 weeks to get it.
    Yeah, it's no big deal if I have to wait 2-4 weeks - I honestly am not super worried about it at this point but would like to have it moving forward say for next year.

As far as the lawnmower - I'm going to need something when spring comes. I can push mow my .75 acre lot but would prefer not to :).

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom