Not open for further replies.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I raise you with a train snow blower!

[video=youtube;ItdRfvYHPAY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ItdRfvYHPAY[/video]

Giant-Snow-Blower-Train-3.jpg

chocktaw2

Home on the Range
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    Mayberry
    Up in lake county we got like 3 feet snow in 24 hours. No one predicted it. All lake effect! I remember jumping off the house into snow drifts! Yes it was AWSOME!
    OK, I don't remember that, but there was an ice storm somewhere in that time frame. I remember living in my dad's shop, where there was a wood burner for about a week, before the power came back on.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    You decide to go with 2-stage then?
    Going to go to a couple of dealers in the area and see what they have - not so worried about having it *now* [i.e. if I have to order and wait that's fine].

Really liking what I'm seeing from Arien but still haven't nailed down anything specific just yet.

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    Just got my driveway and walk cleared finally, with some help from a few younger stronger backs. I'm still wiped out. That crap is HEAVY!!

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    I think RnR has a theory about guys who use massive snow blowers to clean their small driveway. :lmfao:
    I'm looking at 22" to 28" clearing width - nothing monstrous.

That said I'm also in the market for a riding lawn mower - I suppose now would be the time to get the deal of the century :P.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    Just got my driveway and walk cleared finally, with some help from a few younger stronger backs. I'm still wiped out. That crap is HEAVY!!
    Here in Camby it's a very thick heavy snow. Great for snowballs or snowmen but not so great for shoveling.

I know my back is going to be killing me tomorrow.

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    The only reason I did it is because its going to be so ridiculously cold the next couple days. Barring some emergency we're not planning on going out tomorrow. I'm pretty sure this cold is gonna turn all that heavy slushy snow into almost solid ice.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    The goal for me was to remove the majority of the snow so, if need be in an emergency, we can at least get out of the garage/driveway.

My house faces west so my driveway *shouldn't* get drifted over but we'll see what happens.

Harleyrider_50

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    So. Indiana
    I'm looking at 22" to 28" clearing width - nothing monstrous.

That said I'm also in the market for a riding lawn mower - I suppose now would be the time to get the deal of the century :P.

dang good deal in'a classifieds......if ain' gone......If I could'a swung it(ask price)......it'd done be GONE.....

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    My son in Camby just posted on Facebook that he made it home. He only lives a mile from work though and drives a 1986 Crown Vic that weighs a TON so I didn't expect him to have trouble. He said he helped an "older" lady on the way home that was stuck....I'm afraid to ask how old that would be.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom