The Czickness LIII….CZing into the summer with friends near and far.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    I don’t disagree. I was more having a hard time between shadow 2 compact and just a standard compact and another standard 75. I typically don’t shoot the expensive stuff any better than I do a broken in standard model but I also don’t do comps or anything where the expensive things shine.
    I bet you would. The trigger in these rivals anything that came out of Colts custom shop from the 50's through today.
    That's hard to say being a Colt guy.
    When my son ordered it, I was shocked when I took it to the range and ran a few boxes through it.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Yep especially if one must put up with a Disneyland trip to please the family.
    I truly thank god that I never had to endure that myself. Single dad with two sons, We always voted on the vacations we took each year. Disney and other amusements never were in the running.
    A week at the beaches in Maryland riding slick track go carts until we were sick of them. Endless pit beef sammiches.
    A friend that I worked with at Otis has a cart track there.
    Two weeks driving to see my father in FL. And then heading to the FL coast beaches and back up the coast seeing all the Armed Forces Museums, a few beaches and worthy Surplus stores.
    And in the fall a long weekend at The Creek.
    Damn we laughed and had fun...

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.

:drool:
    I'm actually very happy that's at the price point it is. The FJ fund has taken over all the other funds, but if it was at much less than that it would actually be a temptation.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Well that's easy all you have to have is traction for the trailer if you're dropping in.
    Might just get the winch involved for taking out.
    Wet ramp
    Boat 2,000lbs
    4x4 1,500 lbs = not enough mule. Hopefully it has humvee snorkeling on it dropping a 2,000 boat in.

He needs a tree with a Ramsey winch to get them both up the ramp with.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I don’t disagree. I was more having a hard time between shadow 2 compact and just a standard compact and another standard 75. I typically don’t shoot the expensive stuff any better than I do a broken in standard model but I also don’t do comps or anything where the expensive things shine.

The Shadow 2 Compact is worth it IMO. I love mine :)

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    Wet ramp
    Boat 2,000lbs
    4x4 1,500 lbs = not enough mule. Hopefully it has humvee snorkeling on it dropping a 2,000 boat in.

He needs a tree with a Ramsey winch to get them both up the ramp with.
    Hmm i thought the boat came off the trailer when it got in the water. You'd be left with a 300lb trailer.
    Not a boater, don't know anything about it I guess.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    You have to stop it when the boats on the way down the ramp and in the water. It's still attached to the front of the trailer with the trailer winch.
    It gets lighter as they enter the water. You might be ok getting it in, but coming out might be a trick.

My question is, "Why would you get yourself in this predicament? "

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    Launching a boat wouldn’t be an issue at all. Once the boat is floating, there is no weight on the tow vehicle.

Recovery would be a little difficult.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    It gets lighter as they enter the water. You might be ok getting it in, but coming out might be a trick.

My question is, "Why would you get yourself in this predicament? "
    Here's a hint, the tonnage doesn't change when it's displaced in water. It's still attached to the trailer with its winch cable.
    The tow vehicle still has to stop it.
    If not somebody better be in it or you get to watch it float away from the ramp.

I wouldn't fall for that, if what I'm towing has more tonnage than what I'm towing it with, it better have awesome working brakes on what I'm towing.
    And most marine trailers have hydro surge brakes. And generally one puts in a pin to disengage those brakes while backing up so the brakes don't activate.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    Work smarter, not harder. Here’s how you do it, all by yourself.

My Ranger was 21’, the trailer, 25’. Untie the boat completely, winch strap included. Attach 30’ rope to the front of the boat. Throw the rest of the rope in the bed of the truck, close tailgate with the rope feeding out beside the tailgate. Large knot on the other end of the rope, that can’t get past tailgate. Launch boat, then pull up gently until the boat is beached 5’ behind the trailer. Coil up the rope, park truck, then go fishing.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I'll admit to partaking in the entertainment of watching people in a hurry on a Sunday late afternoon trying to get boats on trailers. Two old neighbors and I used to take lawn chairs and a cooler of beer to the boat ramp on these occasions. Late summer when water got low and ramps greasy with algae we saw a lot of unfortunate folks get vehicles in the water.

Top Bottom