• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Most of them look brand new. are they restored or just that well maintained?

Restored AND well maintained after that.

Some were found decades after the war ended in farms and such, they were in poor condition but restored by passionate people.
    Many Jeeps were actually used by farmers in the 50's.
    So some might have been well maintained since the landing the D Day.

Westside

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Monitor World
    Restored AND well maintained after that.

Some were found decades after the war ended in farms and such, they were in poor condition but restored by passionate people.
    Many Jeeps were actually used by farmers in the 50's.
    So some might have been well maintained since the landing the D Day.

That's awesome love it when people preserve and honor history. Wish more Americans were like that.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    THIS COULD BE THE BEST MEET AND GREET EVER!!! :rockwoot:

we just got to plan it at a cool historical time when the place won't be mobbed with tourist.

(may INGO could "reenact" some of the battle :biggun: )

It's the most visited country on the planet and Normandy is one of the most visited regions of France.We always have tourists from all around the world here.
    But not everywhere.I know many places including beaches where tourists never go. ;)
    Even some "hidden" bunkers and such that are not known from your tour guide.

You could bring some rifles to shoot on the beach.
    Last year a guy had M1 Garand on the front seat of his Jeep, and another a 50 cal machine gun on his truck. :D
    Both "non-fonctional" weapons because of French laws. :rolleyes:
    But some are actually kept fonctional by the owner, they just dont brag about it and the police never come to check the guns.

Westside

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Monitor World
    It's the most visited country on the planet and Normandy is one of the most visited regions of France.We always have tourists from all around the world here.
    But not everywhere.I know many places including beaches where tourists never go. ;)
    Even some "hidden" bunkers and such that are not known from your tour guide.

You could bring some rifles to shoot on the beach.
    Last year a guy had M1 Garand on the front seat of his Jeep, and another a 50 cal machine gun on his truck. :D
    Both "non-fonctional" weapons because of French laws. :rolleyes:
    But some are actually kept fonctional by the owner, they just dont brag about it and the police never come to check the guns.

That is why I said Mobbed. Normandy is like Disney world for history buffs. They plan their trip and come hell or high water they are going on it.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    So you are saying I shouldn't hate France just Paris and all of its suburbs?

Yeah it's fine with me im not a Parisian.
    I hate them and they dont know how to drive, they also think they are better than "the rest of us". :rolleyes:

But you are free to hate France if you wish.Just know that not all people in France hate Americans and such (like you can hear on TV) and that if you never been here and never met actual French people you may hate France for the wrong reasons.

I would have a pretty poor image of the US if I only met shallow people from NYC and politicians in DC.
    Or if I based my opinion on Americans from what I see on TV like in those stupid reality shows.

I know some French that hate the US and some Americans that hate the French.
    But all those people never actually visited the other country or met anyone from there.

Im glad I only met friendly hoosiers.

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    evening Super.

Heyya Supr

images

Westside

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Monitor World
    Yeah it's fine with me im not a Parisian.
    I hate them and they dont know how to drive, they also think they are better than "the rest of us". :rolleyes:

But you are free to hate France if you wish.Just know that not all people in France hate Americans and such (like you can hear on TV) and that if you never been here and never met actual French people you may hate France for the wrong reasons.

I would have a pretty poor image of the US if I only met shallow people from NYC and politicians in DC.
    Or if I based my opinion on Americans from what I see on TV like in those stupid reality shows.

I know some French that hate the US and some Americans that hate the French.
    But all those people never actually visited the other country or met anyone from there.

Im glad I only met friendly hoosiers.
    I have met several french people but Have never been there, yet. I kind of take your approach all the parisons I have met have been arragont snobs like our New yorkers. but the rest are "normal people" and when the learn I work for the military, I am a contractor, most have been strangely appreciative of my work and all we have done and currently do. to which I am usually like :n00b:.

toured parts of Europe: Greece, Italy, Croatia, Turkey, and most of Scandinavia.

Have not made it to Spain, France, or Portugal yet. They are on my list.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom