Not open for further replies.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    I can do many accents when I speak english. :D
    I can do the over the top French accent like you hear in movies when the actor is everything but French.
    My real french accent, that gets me free drinks in the US. ;)
    My American accent that I use to fool the locals and make them believe im from Texas.But I dont think it works very good, it sounds really silly.
    Also an Indian accent that sounds like the owner of the minimarket in the Simpsons. :):

I can also speak French with accents, from a Belgian accent to an American accent (while making a few grammar mistakes to make people believe it's not my native language).

Your accent will not illicit free drinks from me, but your knowledge and willingness to talk about guns may:D

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    I can do many accents when I speak english. :D
    I can do the over the top French accent like you hear in movies when the actor is everything but French.
    My real french accent, that gets me free drinks in the US. ;)
    My American accent that I use to fool the locals and make them believe im from Texas.But I dont think it works very good, it sounds really silly.
    Also an Indian accent that sounds like the owner of the minimarket in the Simpsons. :):

I can also speak French with accents, from a Belgian accent to an American accent (while making a few grammar mistakes to make people believe it's not my native language).

Too funny! I used to do the same thing when I was younger!! I would always read restraint menu's with a strong Belgium accent! it would have people rolling!! :D

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Too funny! I used to do the same thing when I was younger!! I would always read restraint menu's with a strong Belgium accent! it would have people rolling!! :D

I actually do that in Belgium.
    I come at them with a Belgium accent and they are quickly willing to talk about those bloody French.
    Then I get back to my French accent in the middle of a sentence. :):

In some parts of Belgium you can actually get hurt if they hear you speak French with a Belgium accent. :n00b:
    The ones who speak Dutch dont really like there French speaking compatriots so in some parts of the country the French accent is actually saffer.

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    This was my Uncles company! they had a 97% attrition rate! that means that 97% of the guys in this picture were ether killed wounded or lost in action! My uncle is on the right side second roll from the top second person in!

114th_coa_1000.jpg

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    I actually do that in Belgium.
    I come at them with a Belgium accent and they are quickly willing to talk about those bloody French.
    Then I get back to my French accent in the middle of a sentence. :):

In some parts of Belgium you can actually get hurt if they hear you speak French with a Belgium accent. :n00b:
    The ones who speak Dutch dont really like there French speaking compatriots so in some parts of the country the French accent is actually saffer.

That made me laugh!! switching accents in the middle of a sentence would be hilarious!! :laugh:

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    This was my Uncles company! they had a 97% attrition rate! that means that 97% of the guys in this picture were ether killed wounded or lost in action! My uncle is on the right side second roll from the top second person in!

114th_coa_1000.jpg

Do you know where he was burried?
    I have met some Americans who were visiting a family member in a US military cemetery here in France.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana

I used to have an internet buddy over in Belgium on one of the cigar IRC channels. He was from a different group over there. I know he didn't like any of the other groups very much.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I used to have an internet buddy over in Belgium on one of the cigar IRC channels. He was from a different group over there. I know he didn't like any of the other groups very much.

Yeah it's crazy there.Some years ago a woman was attacked in the street because she answered her phone in French while in the non-French speaking part of the country. :n00b:

Usually Belgiums that speak French ask their directions in English while they are in the other part of the country.

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    Do you know where he was burried?
    I have met some Americans who were visiting a family member in a US military cemetery here in France.

He lived though it!! He won three bronze stars in WWII, He came home moved up here to Michigan with my Dad his brother! and married but never had any kids, my Dad died when I was 18 he kinda stepped right in! He carried a BAR or a Browning .30 cal all across Europe, he landed on D-Day and went all the way to Berlin, at 74 he could have whooped about anybody! he had arms like you wouldn't believe! but then again he lugged some heavy weapons all across Europe! He was a remarkable man!! and is greatly missed!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom