• Status
    Not open for further replies.

SaintsNSinners

Shooter
    Rating - 94.1%
    16   1   0
    Mar 3, 2012
    At Work in Indy
    Experimental Chinese Gen 3's, found them on ebay.... the "night sight" or low light function is what got me... I thought it was kinda a neat Idea and worth a little to give them a try....

So If they suck im not out to much

SaintsNSinners

Shooter
    Rating - 94.1%
    16   1   0
    Mar 3, 2012
    At Work in Indy
    I just checked on it in the closet... its still glowing brightly after 45 minutes.......

Rear is at T2
    Front is at T2

Seems like a pretty good sight picture... i need to pick up a laser bore sight to get it all lined up perfectly... but so far impressed

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    SnS thanks for the link.

I can see where you got confused, as they don't even have them installed correctly in their pictures. :n00b:

552032043_o.jpg

As they call them "luminous", I would assume that it is glowing paint, and NOT powered by tritium.

I'm still not sure what the purpose of that crossbar is on both sights. Weird.

When the rear sight is folded down flat, the tip of it should extend to the edge of the receiver, but not beyond it. When you flip it up, it should flip away from you and leave a little section of blank rail space (right above the charging handle).

If that makes sense.

SaintsNSinners

Shooter
    Rating - 94.1%
    16   1   0
    Mar 3, 2012
    At Work in Indy
    SnS thanks for the link.

I can see where you got confused, as they don't even have them installed correctly in their pictures. :n00b:

552032043_o.jpg

As they call them "luminous", I would assume that it is glowing paint, and NOT powered by tritium.

I'm still not sure what the purpose of that crossbar is on both sights. Weird.

When the rear sight is folded down flat, the tip of it should extend to the edge of the receiver, but not beyond it. When you flip it up, it should flip away from you and leave a little section of blank rail space (right above the charging handle).

If that makes sense.

Yep thats how I have them now.... What ever this paint is is glows realy bright and seems to last... it sure isnt some cheap walmart glow in the dark paint that lasts a few minutes.. its going on 55 minutes and still going on strong

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Can you post pics of what they look like when flipped down? As viewed through the "pistol" sights?

SaintsNSinners

Shooter
    Rating - 94.1%
    16   1   0
    Mar 3, 2012
    At Work in Indy
    I am too... I need to get my lower back and put together, and a laser bore sight to get it all lined up... but I should be good to rock n roll with it...

if they turn out to be junk Im out 8 dollars thats it....

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Some PWs should find this interesting.

I dug up an old "before" picture of lovemywoods' range.

BEFORE
    m9liiu.jpg

AFTER
    2rdgrgp.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom