• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    As a side-effect of the new policies that have been forced on us, we're taking a much harder stance against people treating us like garbage. We're expected to bend over backwards to be nice to everyone, to "be professional" and "get a thicker skin" but everyone else still gets to be a crapmouth to us. I refuse to put up with it anymore and I know most (if not all) of the rest of the staff is in agreement. There's no reason to be disrespectful. We're demanding the same respect that the members are demanding from us.

Just a question out of curiosity. Why are threads like that allowed to remain up at all? I realize it was closed, but I can't see how allowing it to be part of the forum makes any kind of positive contribution. This is not a complaint. Just makes more sense to me to clean house when you want visitors to keep coming. :twocents:

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    You realize by saying this you are admitting that your head IS in there...just not as far? :lmfao:

His name tells you that!! I meen Irish Fan!! :lmfao::D
    handk.gif

spasmo

ಠ_ಠ
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Just a question out of curiosity. Why are threads like that allowed to remain up at all? I realize it was closed, but I can't see how allowing it to be part of the forum makes any kind of positive contribution. This is not a complaint. Just makes more sense to me to clean house when you want visitors to keep coming. :twocents:

Because, that is unfortunately what the majority of the users wanted that commented in the forum concerns thread in the forum support area. They wanted less closing of threads. We try our best now to leave things up. We have no longer been given the option to use our judgement on things for the most part. IMO I would have removed it and told him to PM Scutter if he wanted to continue the conversation. If he had have started another thread, then I would have banned him.

irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    Hmmm....its been an aggravating day as I am cutting ties with a couple businesses who have failed to keep up their end of a commitment. It wasn't a large deal all at once but several things over a few years and now a new place that I really liked going. Oh well, I get to find new places to spend my money.

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    Because, that is unfortunately what the majority of the users wanted that commented in the forum concerns thread in the forum support area. They wanted less closing of threads. We try our best now to leave things up. We have no longer been given the option to use our judgement on things for the most part. IMO I would have removed it and told him to PM Scutter if he wanted to continue the conversation. If he had have started another thread, then I would have banned him.

I didn't spend much time in the forum concerns thread because, frankly I have few concerns. Not being able to delete a closed thread that was against the rules in the first place just seems kinda stupid to me. :dunno: Thanks for answering my question though! :yesway:

spasmo

ಠ_ಠ
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    hahaha! Love the so what!

And thanks for the reppage guys... Now, I know I'm loved!

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    I walked in to a workroom today for a service call on a printer. This lady looks at me and says "That printer won't work! It won't even turn on! And that microwave right next to it has the same problem!"

facepalm.gif

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom