The Official Status Update Thread: Part 143 - Happy Halloween INGO!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    Ideally, management should be "directing the workforce". Such as, you two guys do this job. You go do that job. You three coordinate with the cranemen to lift that slab.

In reality, management should motivate workers who do not motivate themselves. But instead, just keep yelling at the good workers, and let the lazy slide, cause it's too much work to get them to work.
    Deal with employees that keep making the same mistake. And don't understand why anyone's mad.
    Employees that think the job is "owed" to them.

I hear ya

I am targeting the lazy by trying to motivate them to do a good job. I've already got one gal working harder than they've seen her work in a while. I praise when needed and I ask for reasons when something isn't done. I give them alternatives to fix what is wrong. If it keeps happening, I am not as nice after the 3rd or 4th time. Threatened write ups to some of my staff for not doing what they should be doing. That was 3 days ago, so far, they are doing it. We shall see.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Hi Choc. I'm glad you are someone who helps your neighbors. I was just thinking I need to figure out something nice to do for some of the people where my neighbor lady moved. Trying to think of something I could make or do at least for the others on her floor that we see all the time. I'm not sure how many residents there are, but I'm thinking if it is 20 or less, we might be able to do something small for each of them. Many of them have nobody that visits.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    Hi Choc. I'm glad you are someone who helps your neighbors. I was just thinking I need to figure out something nice to do for some of the people where my neighbor lady moved. Trying to think of something I could make or do at least for the others on her floor that we see all the time. I'm not sure how many residents there are, but I'm thinking if it is 20 or less, we might be able to do something small for each of them. Many of them have nobody that visits.

you're an angel

How are ya?

chocktaw2

Home on the Range
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    Mayberry
    Thanks for your kind words mom45, I know you do your share helping the elders, and I try to do so also.

Seems there was EMS at the 84 house for quite awhile today. Totally missed it. Dogs never went off, and I didn't see any lights. :dunno:

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    Thanks for your kind words mom45, I know you do your share helping the elders, and I try to do so also.

Seems there was EMS at the 84 house for quite awhile today. Totally missed it. Dogs never went off, and I didn't see any lights. :dunno:

had that happen Christmas Eve last year with one of our neighbors, she never came home. House is up for sale now. very independent woman, was racking her leaves that fall.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I hear ya

I am targeting the lazy by trying to motivate them to do a good job. I've already got one gal working harder than they've seen her work in a while. I praise when needed and I ask for reasons when something isn't done. I give them alternatives to fix what is wrong. If it keeps happening, I am not as nice after the 3rd or 4th time. Threatened write ups to some of my staff for not doing what they should be doing. That was 3 days ago, so far, they are doing it. We shall see.[/QUOTE

A lot of how much time you put into workers depends on their skills. Management in some cases just becomes fire and forget.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    you're an angel

How are ya?

I'm not sure about the angel thing, but she worries about those who don't get visitors like she does.

I have a feeling I am going to be sore tomorrow. I got reprimanded for picking up some big chunks of tree trunk to get them onto the splitter. LOL! They weren't that heavy...maybe 50 to 60 pounds...and there were only a few like that that I picked up. He did the bigger ones. We put a dent in the pile, but never even got to the big logs. there are several full tree trunks laying there that are close to 3 foot in diameter...those will split into a LOT of firewood.

I hope everyone is okay. I hope that when I am old, someone helps me like I help others. We reap what we sow as they say.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    We did the same thing...mud was rather heavy and ended up needing way more sanding. Easier to reapply if needed and lightly sand a second time if there are spots that need a bit more to even things out.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom