Not open for further replies.

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    CENTRAL
    Hi Mom. :wavey:

I just got the call from the Dr.'s office. Fasting blood glucose was 271. I go in on Monday for Diabetes Education and to see where I go from here. :n00b: I can do this. I have no choice now.

Damn. My doc keeps telling me to stop eating like a pig and start exerciaing more or I will get diabetes for sure. I really need to start taking it seriously.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Hi Mom. :wavey:

I just got the call from the Dr.'s office. Fasting blood glucose was 271. I go in on Monday for Diabetes Education and to see where I go from here. :n00b: I can do this. I have no choice now.

Thanks. Sh** just got real, but now that I know I have to deal with this, I will. :yesway:
    I just got diagnosed with diabetes several months ago. Still working to get my meds right but for me it was a relief knowing why my body was feeling like **** more than normal. Stay focused and don't mess around. You can do it! We will do it together snap!

jagee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    Damn. My doc keeps telling me to stop eating like a pig and start exerciaing more or I will get diabetes for sure. I really need to start taking it seriously.

Just make fun of cm for being old and invest in a good pair of running shoes, he's a good shot, being a moving target is a pretty good workout!

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Yep you do not want to get it.
    heres a fact and I'm just going to be harsh and state fact to scare you Into working on it. (I had to do te same)
    once you get diagnosed with diabetes you officially know what your going to die from. Or atleast from the complications it causes. It affects EVERYTHING In your entire body.
    my A1c level was 9.7 when I was first diagnosed. I had been doing damage to my organs for a long time with a high number like that and I didn't even know it.
    AT least snap know knowes and can fix it.
    BNB make it priority number 1 to take care of your health. It IS the single most important thing we have. Once it's gone it doesn't come back

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Sorry, TT, but good to have a partner in this.
    Yep your not alone. Deffinately go to the meetings!! Once you get on your meds that work you'll feel a lot better than you do now . You might not even realize how sick you've been till you get it under control.
    ive been allergic to 3 different diabetes meds now. So it looks like shots for me now. Which is fine. I want to get it under control again because I've felt like crap for a couple months now

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    CENTRAL
    Yep you do not want to get it.
    heres a fact and I'm just going to be harsh and state fact to scare you Into working on it. (I had to do te same)
    once you get diagnosed with diabetes you officially know what your going to die from. Or atleast from the complications it causes. It affects EVERYTHING In your entire body.
    my A1c level was 9.7 when I was first diagnosed. I had been doing damage to my organs for a long time with a high number like that and I didn't even know it.
    AT least snap know knowes and can fix it.
    BNB make it priority number 1 to take care of your health. It IS the single most important thing we have. Once it's gone it doesn't come back

You got it. :thumbsup:

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    Conversation is getting too deep in here, we need to get back to the classics.....Guns, Bacon & Boobies!!!:):

How you guys doing??? Anyone newwly banned while I was in a meeting??

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Yep your not alone. Deffinately go to the meetings!! Once you get on your meds that work you'll feel a lot better than you do now . You might not even realize how sick you've been till you get it under control.
    ive been allergic to 3 different diabetes meds now. So it looks like shots for me now. Which is fine. I want to get it under control again because I've felt like crap for a couple months now

I was wondering why you kept saying you were not feeling good, but I didn't want to be nosey.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom