• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    It’s all a matter of the fine print which the retailer never says anything about at the time of purchase and only uses it to squirm out of the consumer’s demand for a replacement under the supposed lifetime warranty in the situations outlined above.
    It’s always a marketing scam! :bash:

shadowguy219

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2022
    US

dieselrealtor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Morgan County
    Yeah I'm pissed about the Craftsman tool exchange. There's a website where you're supposed to enter the part# off the tool in order to still exchange it. Well the 3 broken ratchets don't register on the website so I'm SOL. Granted said ratchets are north of 20 years old but damnit I still want my free replacement!

I exchanged a couple of 30+ year old Craftsman ratchets at Lowes a couple of years ago. Took them up to the counter, they told me to get the ones most like the ones I had.

No issues at all

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Where you get yours?
    I'm an OEM guy, especially when it comes to electrical and cv axles. I will buy aftermarket pads and rotors, fluids, etc. But that's about it. Talking about my personal vehicles with that statement. Customers at the shop get choice of oem and aftermarket. I will give a longer labor warranty on OEM parts however. Up to customer how they wanna spend their money, not me.

greg

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2009
    Plainfield,In
    Just because you get your vehicle fixed at the Dealership doesn’t mean you’re getting OEM.

I know they manger at local parts store and he says his biggest consumer is the Dealership!

Top Bottom