SuperTroopers.jpg

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    BTW, howdy fellas.

Just got home from a long day at work... meeting tonight. Actually I had to sit on a "panel" and answer questions.

I almost tried to post on INGO from my iPhone during the discussion... shoulda done it.

mk2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    North Carolina
    Will do.

I can't blame her, it's tough even thinking about it.

P1260086-1.jpg

Pretty dogs.:yesway:

I'm sure you already know, but my GSD(Zeus) died last week and I can't even begin to tell you how thankful I am he left us on his own time...There was a close call 4 days before he passed and my brain was spinning, trying to figure out what to do.

Sorry for your loss(es). I don't think that anyone could understand the pain someone goes through when losing a dog(best friend), unless you have experienced the unconditional love a dog can offer...It probably seems trivial when someone mourns the death.

1 - I can't believe you hadn't seen A Few Good Men yet. Pretty sure I watched that with my big brother before I was even 10. Anyway... glad it's in your queue now.

2 - I really want a puppydog, but it just isn't a good time in my life to get one. I don't have the means and the places to give it room to run, and there's no way I want a little-bitty dog. I've been watching Dog Whisperer lately, and one of Cesar's favorite breeds is the Doberman. I've always wanted a big-ish dog, but wasn't really sure which breed specifically; Dalmatian, German Shepherd, and various Labradors were on the list, but I couldn't really decide. After seeing the Dobermans on DW, though, I think that's the kind I wanna get when I can.

I had a mutt while I lived in Jamaica that we got from the JSPCA. We had plenty of room for him to run, and it was a really good experience. Unfortunately, he had a bad habit of jumping up and chewing on the tree branches near where he'd be tied up at night, and one morning I went out to feed him, and his chain had caught on a nearby fence, and he'd hung overnight :( Didn't help that my parents did believe me when I ran back inside because it was April 1st. Anyway, I was crying at school (5th grade) that day and a couple of my friends made fun of me for crying over a dog. You just don't understand until you've been through it. Sorry for your loss, man.

Yes it is, I'm just trying to prepare her for the inevitable to help soften the blow somewhat.

Thank you, pic is 4 years old and he's little lighter tanned and she's getting more gray throughout the snout and rear haunches.

Yes I remember your post about loosing Zeus, losing any pet is rough when they have been around for a great length of time. Non pet people do not realize the bond that humans and dogs obtain throughout the relationship.

People look at like we are nuts when we refer to them as the "Kids or Children" but since we do not have children they are in fact our kids through our eyes. We love them, scold them, praise them, take pride in them just like a regular parent, they provide us with affection, love and protection, either by barking, growling or hair standing up on their backs.

I think a lot of people need to experience walking in the door to be greeted with barks and tail waging joy whether it was just 5 minutes or 8 hours ago that you walked out the door, they greet you with that excitement every time, and I LOVE IT!

QFT

OK you gotta stop answering stuff from ten pages ago!! it don't make sense in the middle of a gps & Poo!!! :D

HA! I gotcha beat! I'm quoting stuff from like 5 pages ago, and I bet it's even more pages for the nubs who still use 10 posts per page!

Well, we didn't get to shoot today. Booo. It was just too cold for the kids to have any fun. Picky little bastards. :laugh: J/K So... if anyone has the day off Thursday and wants to go shooting in the afternoon let me know. I'll be at Atterbury when they open up. We did stop by the range though. Hasn't changed except the inside of the building. The guy there was REALLY nice and didn't remind me anything of the two guys that were there before. AND they charge per lane instead of per person. They'll charge $6 per hour or $3 per half hour. :) Can't beat that.

Hey man, what time? Do they let you shoot textbooks? And where exactly is it? I've heard tell, but never been. I have to work until 1330 Thursday, but if I can make it in a reasonable time, I may just join ya. ESPECIALLY if they allow shooting textbooks. My normal range down here has that explicitly posted that you can't shoot textbooks. PM/FB me or somethin'.

What's up PW's? Just got home from work and shoulder is killing me, even though didn't do a darn thing with the right arm all day. Called the doc and he's faxing over new recommendations and one of them is at least 30 minutes out of every hour with the arm supported by a desk or the arm of a chair to prevent fatigue thus causing pain.

But it was nice to get out and about and to DRIVE:D and to venture to Fry's Electronics when I got off and made 2 hum dinger purchases.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 for $24.99:rockwoot:

Some drum-roll for the next one :joke:

Tom-Tom 130s (speech) for 49.99, was on sale for 79.99 but was returned because the lady wanted a larger screen, They brought it back while I was standing there and told the sales guy "make that 50 dalla's and forget repacking it and I'll buy it. His supervisor was standing there and she looks at him and says "Well what ya waiting for, invitation to sell it to him or pennies from heaven."

I thought I was gonna bust my gut laughing when she said that.

She told me 30 days warranty return to us, and Tom-Tom's 1 year after that. I said bag it, tag it and it'll be good to go.

Now all I have to do is convince the wife it was a smart buy and keep her from going nutz on me for spending money, considering I also ordered a TrendNet Wireless gaming router from NewEgg.com during lunch for 49.99 also. I was getting tired of the Cat 5 cable running from the router out the door, 15 foot down the hallway snaking around the walls of the bedroom and the hooking up to the best wall jack for the VOIP Phone router.

What the heck, nothing but dollar bills any way:spend:

Gonna eat some supper and be back.

Shakes alive... let you out the house for ONE DAY (or two?) and you can't help but start spendin' money! Are you sure your doc isn't giving you estrogen pills?!

Just got back from a nice stroll with a good cigar. I need to get shooting...

I'd like to try a cigar sometime down the road. Probably not for several years.. like, maybe midlife crisis or something, I dunno. I generally don't like the idea of smoking (nothing against those who do; personal freedom and all that), but cigars have a different kind of... mystique... to me.

PW alert - IndyMonkey has returned, let the PWing begin,....again.

Hmh, anybody ever find out why he was B&? Glad he's back. He seemed like a good guy when I met him at the last SKS shoot.

Color me skeptical...I do not believe this is real. Every shot seemed to be the running the same line, which makes me believe there is something just under the surface of the water...i.e. Plexiglas, lexan or something similar.

I DO NOT BELIEVE THIS

Le Doug

I think it looks somewhat reasonable. I'm not saying it's legit, but I'm just not discarding it as a Purple:poop:-grade hoax...yet.

After several days out, is this post epic enough to make up for it?!

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Hey man, what time? Do they let you shoot textbooks? And where exactly is it? I've heard tell, but never been. I have to work until 1330 Thursday, but if I can make it in a reasonable time, I may just join ya. ESPECIALLY if they allow shooting textbooks. My normal range down here has that explicitly posted that you can't shoot textbooks. PM/FB me or somethin'.

Depending on how well my son takes to an official range depends on how long we stay. I'll probably get there about 12-1pm, but I'm not sure when. Don't know if he'll last 3 hours, but we'll see. I plan on taking the SKS so he can get a close look and how it works and sounds.

Dunno if you can shoot books, but I don't see why not. :dunno:

Atterbury Shooting Complex

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    BTW, howdy fellas.

Just got home from a long day at work... meeting tonight. Actually I had to sit on a "panel" and answer questions.

I almost tried to post on INGO from my iPhone during the discussion... shoulda done it.

Howdy Big!! you should have taken pctures and posted them on INGO!!! :D

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    Shakes alive... let you out the house for ONE DAY (or two?) and you can't help but start spendin' money! Are you sure your doc isn't giving you estrogen pills?!

Man, holed up in the house for 4 and a half weeks and didn't spend a dime the entire time, can't a man spend some of his money?:D

mk2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    North Carolina
    Man, holed up in the house for 4 and a half weeks and didn't spend a dime the entire time, can't a man spend some of his money?:D

Yeah, sure he can!

But while you were sittin at home for 4 weeks, I don't think yous was earnin no monies!

Well, I guess that's why you have to convince the wife it was a good buy, as you said at first. Alright, now it all makes sense.

mk2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    North Carolina
    Depending on how well my son takes to an official range depends on how long we stay. I'll probably get there about 12-1pm, but I'm not sure when. Don't know if he'll last 3 hours, but we'll see. I plan on taking the SKS so he can get a close look and how it works and sounds.

Dunno if you can shoot books, but I don't see why not. :dunno:

Atterbury Shooting Complex

Ah, alrighty. Well, I think that I probably won't be able to get there in a reasonable time to shoot with you guys. Oh well.. another day.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom