• Status
    Not open for further replies.

mk2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    North Carolina
    You are in the information wizard! However, going to wiki doesn't help me. I typed in 'Spiders' and it came back with, wait for it...spiders. I also tried 'Forum Spider' and 'Quest Spider' I don't know what else to use for my search. Can someone clue me in as to what I should 'searching' for.

Thanks,

Doug

You didn't have to search anything! That link was right to the page that explained what a "web spider" is.

Here's the intro section:

A Web crawler is a computer program that browses the World Wide Web in a methodical, automated manner or in an orderly fashion. Other terms for Web crawlers are ants, automatic indexers, bots, [1] or Web spider, Web robot, or—especially in the FOAF community—Web scutter[2].

This process is called Web crawling or spidering. Many sites, in particular search engines, use spidering as a means of providing up-to-date data. Web crawlers are mainly used to create a copy of all the visited pages for later processing by a search engine that will index the downloaded pages to provide fast searches. Crawlers can also be used for automating maintenance tasks on a Web site, such as checking links or validating HTML code. Also, crawlers can be used to gather specific types of information from Web pages, such as harvesting e-mail addresses (usually for spam).

A Web crawler is one type of bot, or software agent. In general, it starts with a list of URLs to visit, called the seeds. As the crawler visits these URLs, it identifies all the hyperlinks in the page and adds them to the list of URLs to visit, called the crawl frontier. URLs from the frontier are recursively visited according to a set of policies.

Isn't that what you were asking? In the context of seeing how many "people" are looking at INGO at a time, the "spider" count tells how many web crawlers are indexing INGO's pages.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    You are in the information wizard! However, going to wiki doesn't help me. I typed in 'Spiders' and it came back with, wait for it...spiders. I also tried 'Forum Spider' and 'Quest Spider' I don't know what else to use for my search. Can someone clue me in as to what I should 'searching' for.

Thanks,

Doug

Oh, Doug.... :D

EvilleDoug

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2010
    Evansville
    :rockwoot:I finally got mail from my wife.

She says her hair is driving her nuts. They're apparently in a Company that's used for parades of something, so they will spend most of their time cleaning and making sure their uniforms are clean and pressed and not so much time doing PT. She's pis*ed about that.

Also, she said she was finally able to get some sleep on about day four..she thinks. :)

Later,

Le Doug

mk2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    North Carolina
    So what color badge do you get when you've acquired enough for five silvers?

Gold. It's in the FAQ.:D

Once someone hits 5 Gold badges, they have defeated INGO and the site will implode.

And it'll be our fault for making Big's account be the trigger... :D

Hey, everything's got to have a self-destruct sequence...

like A-1, B-2, C-3...

Just in case the zombies DO take over.

:ingo:

Reminds me more of this movie:
    Untraceable (2008)

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!

She says her hair is driving her nuts. They're apparently in a Company that's used for parades of something, so they will spend most of their time cleaning and making sure their uniforms are clean and pressed and not so much time doing PT. She's pis*ed about that.

Also, she said she was finally able to get some sleep on about day four..she thinks. :)

Later,

Le Doug

Glad to hear it!!! hope all is going well for her & you. :)

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana

Later,

Le Doug

Glad you heard from her!

Sounds like she is doing well, even is she's not loving it at the moment.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008

Later,

Le Doug

Awesome news! Well, except about the no sleep, cleaning thing... :):

Tell her we thank her though! :patriot:

EvilleDoug

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2010
    Evansville
    Glad to hear it!!! hope all is going well for her & you. :)

Glad you heard from her!

Sounds like she is doing well, even is she's not loving it at the moment.

Awesome news! Well, except about the no sleep, cleaning thing... :):

Tell her we thank her though! :patriot:

Thanks fellas, I appreciate your support for me and her.

I'm not overly sure about the whole cleaning and parade company thing, but as soon as she explains...another 10 days...I'll explain the best I can.

Thanks again.

Le Doug

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom